• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

High powered weapons seized!

Police arrest 75 yr. old Physicist.

High-powered weapons and ammunition were among the items seized from the home of a former Los Alamos National Laboratory physicist who has become increasingly paranoid and outspoken against the lab and the government.

A search warrant executed Thursday on Morse's home netted the discovery of three guns — a .30-06 rifle, a .22-caliber rifle and a 9 mm Beretta pistol — and more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition, including 661 rounds for the powerful .30-06 rifle alone.

... certainly the .30-06 is a formidable weapon and the 9 mm is a rapid-fire weapon that can be very dangerous," Sgt. DeWayne Williams told the Los Alamos Monitor on Friday.

You just can't make this s**t up.
WTF! I guess they're going to allow us to keep our .22's at least. [rolleyes]

Last edited:
I guess to the non-shooter 1000 rounds of ammo sounds like a lot. I can go through that in a few days at the range, especially if I bring my kids. They seem to think the stuff is free!

Not 661 rounds!! [rolleyes]

I never go to the range with less than 1k rounds. Apparently people aren't aware that you can get thousands of rounds for about $80 at walmart.

Every time there is a press report of an "arsenal" or "cache" of guns, I'm reminded of this:

Three guns and a thousand rounds of ammo isn't even the start of a decent collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
a former Los Alamos National Laboratory physicist who has become increasingly paranoid and outspoken against the lab and the government.

It's very concerning that somebody in that mental state would have these types of weapons

Have you noticed that those who speak out against the gov't are getting characterized as mentally ill and having the weight of the gov't being lowered on them more and more often?

Have you noticed that those who speak out against the gov't are getting characterized as mentally ill and having the weight of the gov't being lowered on them more and more often?

We live in the land of freedom of speech, but you'd better say what you're supposed to say........

I have many friends at Los Alamos, and have done a lot of work there as well. Anyone at Los Alamos knows that this guy is a whack job, and has
been for a long time. He has no business even having a kitchen knife!

But then, almost everyone at Los Alamos is a whack job of one kind or another![rofl]

Seriously though.....this guy is famous in Los Alamos for being a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

So? You can't have people walkling around willy nilly criticizing the government, can you?

Yeah but the part I don't like is the characterization of a 30-06 bolt action rifle as a "formidable weapon" and the evil description of the 9mm.

You should like it. If the fudds find out their deer guns are being targeted they "might" start being proactive in the preservation of the 2nd.

I have many friends at Los Alamos, and have done a lot of work there as well. Anyone at Los Alamos knows that this guy is a whack job, and has

But then, almost everyone at Los Alamos is a whack job of one kind or another![rofl]

Seriously though.....this guy is famous in Los Alamos for being a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

I've met quite a few engineers that worked for Draper labs in the 70s and these guys were a few cards short of a full deck but some of the smartest people that I've met.

So he's been adjudicated to a mental institution and shouldn't possess firearms?

Police said they also found nine cats in the home Thursday — including two dead ones being stored in Morse's freezer, according to Lt. Jason Wardlow-Herrera.

errmm...i think it was the 2 dead cats he kept in his freezer more than his anti-govt' speak.

I've met quite a few engineers that worked for Draper labs in the 70s and these guys were a few cards short of a full deck but some of the smartest people that I've met.

I worked for one of them back in the late 1960s! Spotted him in a store probably 10-12 years ago and he looked just as disheveled and disoriented. Brilliant engineer however.

errmm...i think it was the 2 dead cats he kept in his freezer more than his anti-govt' speak.

Maybe he was the local supplier for a Chinese restaurant? [laugh]

661 rounds is alot??? Shiat I bring atleast 1500 30-06 alone to the range in a single outing to blast off with my 1919a4, m1 garand, 03a4, and 1941 johnson. Let alone the other 1k of 8mm for the mg42 and k98...

He still has the same 1st and 2nd amendment rights as anyone else. Except in this case apparently.

Back
Top Bottom