• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

High powered weapons seized!

While I do not agree with their description of the guns/ammo seized, I have to give the police credit for being patient and executing the warrant in a non-violent manner.

Los Alamos police trying to serve a warrant arrested Richard Lee Morse, 75, outside his 1350 Bathtub Row home at 11:45 a.m. Thursday when "he just came out to throw some trash away" after nearly 19 hours, according to Los Alamos Capt. Randy Foster.

"We were told he was planning to use those weapons if we tried to take him, so we proceeded with great caution in serving this warrant," Foster said. "We didn't have reason to believe he was going to ever go out of the home to use these weapons, but when dealing with people we have reason to believe may have some mental instability, we have to proceed with that caution, and this ended as peacefully as could be expected given the circumstances."

While I do not agree with their description of the guns/ammo seized, I have to give the police credit for being patient and executing the warrant in a non-violent manner.

Note to self: Always carry when taking out the trash and completing other mundane chores.....

The characterizations of this guy (and how long he's been employed at the lab), as well as the characterizations of 'all those lab folks', doesn't do anything to raise my opinion of rank-and-file government 'employees'. I continue to lose sleep over many of the people we're relying on for our national security.

Directly to the OP, most of us here are in deep doo-doo whenever anyone in law enforcement wants to characterize us as the 'gun nut' with the arsenal or massive ammo cache. Any half-way serious gun owner is vulnerable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom