• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hingham man gets the full popo and metlec swat visit after posting on social media

DPR

NES Member

INGHAM — A 20-year-old Hingham man is facing more than two dozen gun charges after police and a SWAT team executed a search warrant at his home Wednesday morning.

Julian J. Gilmartin, 20, of 6 West St. is facing 26 charges: two counts of possession of a large-capacity firearm; possession of dangerous weapon; three counts of leaving a firearm unattended; improper storage of a large-capacity firearm; possession of ammunition without an FID Card; 18 counts of possession of a large-capacity feeding device.

Hingham Police Sgt. Steven Dearth said in a statement that it appears Gilmartin had some of the items founds shipped to his home in pieces from out of state.

Hingham detectives began an investigation after receiving a tip that a resident was seen online loading and unloading a semi-automatic pistol and an AR-15 style rifle, which he purchased illegally. The tip also stated he had a ballistic plate carrier — a bullet-proof vest worn by police and military — and that Gilmartin made references several times to killing police and federal agents.

Detectives served the search warrant at 5:40 a.m. on Wednesday, and cetectives from Cohasset, Hanover, Hull and Norwell Police assisted. The Metro-LEC SWAT team also assisted in the execution due to the types weapons, the plate carrier and alleged threats to kill law enforcement.

Dearth said all residents came out of the house as instructed without incident.

Police found a loaded semi-automatic handgun; a loaded AR-15 style rifle; numerous loaded and unloaded handgun 21 round and 20 round rifle magazines; a revolver; a ballistic vest carrier with two plates; a ballistic helmet; several portable radios; additional gun and rifle parts; a tourniquet; packages of a substances used to treat gunshot wounds; zip tie handcuffs; and a double-edged knife.

Gilmartin was arraigned by telephone conference from the Hingham Police Department on Wednesday and was ordered held without bail pending a dangerous hearing on June 29.

receiving a tip that a resident was seen online loading and unloading a semi-automatic pistol and an AR-15 style rifle,

The first rule of Doing Something Illegal Club is . . . . Don't post DSIC business on Facebook!

Second rule of DSIC is. . . .ah F-it. Just go to jail and reduce the stupid quotient in the population.

Imagine how many illegal guns were owned by Americans back before 1997 or so. Just wow. Short of posting a pic in the local Classifieds, no one knew you were loading and unloading guns you weren't supposed to have.

And never trust a guy with a tourniquet kit. He's looking for go-time. Watch out if he has "packages of a substances used to treat gunshot wounds". (That would be Quik-Clot for those in teh media who don't know how to look crap up b/c it would interfere with their 65 cigarettes and 3 trips to McDonald's a day.)

???????

I mean, why not list how many rolls of TP and what brand??? Hell, even the double-edged knife isn't illegal. Illegal to CARRY, not to own. Even then, who the freak cares???

Any ninja stars??? Expandable batons??? I mean, let's see if he was REALLY dangerous.

Note what the charges are at their core. What a dismal place to try to own firearms.
...two counts of possession...
...possession...
...leaving a firearm unattended...
...improper storage...
...possession...
...18 counts of possession.

The tip also stated he had a ballistic plate carrier — a bullet-proof vest worn by police and military — and that Gilmartin made references several times to killing police and federal agents.
Are plate carriers illegal in MA yet?

Also:
Hingham Police Sgt. Steven Dearth said in a statement that it appears Gilmartin had some of the items founds shipped to his home in pieces from out of state.
I wonder if that just means he home-brewed.

Are they going to nab him on the plate carrier because he was doing something illegal (possession of firearm without license) while wearing it?

Separately, I wonder what the "dangerous weapon" is that's not a firearm. My money is on ninja sword.

And never trust a guy with a tourniquet kit. He's looking for go-time. Watch out if he has "packages of a substances used to treat gunshot wounds". (That would be Quik-Clot for those in teh media who don't know how to look crap up b/c it would interfere with their 65 cigarettes and 3 trips to McDonald's a day.)

???????

I mean, why not list how many rolls of TP and what brand??? Hell, even the double-edged knife isn't illegal. Illegal to CARRY, not to own. Even then, who the freak cares???

Any ninja stars??? Expandable batons??? I mean, let's see if he was REALLY dangerous.
Let's not jump to conclusions. That AR might have a bayonet lug on it, also those plates could easily be made into death stars.......with a plasma cutter. If anyone knows the out of state companies that were shipping him this stuff please pm me.

Ignoring all of the BS regarding whether he was a threat or not and the moronic description by the HPD of what they confiscated - this dude needs to be 21 to own any of the guns on that table

Ignoring all of the BS regarding whether he was a threat or not and the moronic description by the HPD of what they confiscated - this dude needs to be 21 to own any of the guns on that table

21....Another arbitrary age assigned to things that government loves to control.

In the military they'd have been issued to him at age 17-18.

We know.

However if he lived 70 Miles due north (NH) not one of his possessions would be illegal and he wouldn't even need a permission sli......***ehem***...license.... to own them.

Let that sink in.

Last edited:

According to unconstitutional laws. There is zero reason for restrictions on firearms ownership based on age, after one becomes an adult at 18 and could be part of a militia or serve in the military.

I think the most interesting thing is that he didn’t get an AWB charge. Also looks like a barrel under 16”...

Though, Hingham PD may call the feds to screw him over more for an NFA violation.

Last edited:
Honestly the AR looks like a SBR. and if not, that looks like a surefire “flashhider”.

Still seeing no “real” crime committed except for social media stupidity.

I'm surprised they didn't disassemble the 30-rounders down to followers/spring/body and floorplate to really fill that table up.
Most Hingham folks would not know they are disassembled...

View attachment 368063

I’m surprised they did not get him for having a Hingham patch and badge... 😜

ETA: all those 30 round mags and only 8 rounds of steel case .223/5.56. 😞

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom