Hitman Firearms

Since some of you folks brought the "Flagman issue". One needs to look up who pushed the "Flagman Law", A guy by the name of Long, who was a retired State Police LT, and then IIRC a State Senator who owned a Flagman Company, and now the Mayor of Methuen. He made sure that the guys who dress like they are "ready to invade Poland" would support it.

Not to burst the bubble but prevailing wage is just as high if not higher than an officer in ma. Also being a road contractor I won't go out with out an officer no one listens to flaggers. Even with officers when you mess with traffic there is issues. I e drunk drivers people under the influence of other substances. People that just don't care or want to listen. You are much safer with officers out on the road

Not to burst the bubble but prevailing wage is just as high if not higher than an officer in ma. Also being a road contractor I won't go out with out an officer no one listens to flaggers. Even with officers when you mess with traffic there is issues. I e drunk drivers people under the influence of other substances. People that just don't care or want to listen. You are much safer with officers out on the road
Yeah...for the most part we use flaggers up here in NH. Constant bedlam on the roads any time there’s construction or utility work. It’s insane. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky. Rivers and seas boiling. The dead rising. Cats and dogs living together - mass hysteria.

Yeah...for the most part we use flaggers up here in NH. Constant bedlam on the roads any time there’s construction or utility work. It’s insane. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky. Rivers and seas boiling. The dead rising. Cats and dogs living together - mass hysteria.
I am sure that the population difference makes a huge difference. Just my opinion as I said I won't go out with out to each there own.

You don't see them on the Interstates or most of the State Number roads. How so like most of these arguments, That is all it is. On most of the actual Highway jobs the Detail is Hired for the lights. That is a fact, That you can check if you want, That is, if you have any integrity.

Don't forget that NH gets their road projects done way too fast. And they seem to last too. Can't have that.
They widened 3/FE tpk in nashua what.... 25 years ago? I think I maybe have seen them pave it once? I've been on that stretch 3x week since they redid it. I bet when 93 is done, that will hold up too.
Why... in MA... do they seem to have 495 on a perpetual repave job since as far back as I can remember... 1980?

Why... in MA... do they seem to have 495 on a perpetual repave job since as far back as I can remember... 1980?
Don't.
Kill.
The.
Job.

I don't phone in to the Howie Carr show very often at all -
I go entire seasons between calls.
But one time I regaled him with The Bride's tale
of watching road work on the Northboro stretch of I-290:

They cut down all the trees lining the road.
And then planted brand new saplings.
They ripped out all the undamaged guard rails.
And then installed new guard rails.

And a couple of years later they cut down
all the brand new saplings,
and replaced them with even newer saplings.
And ripped out all of the couple-year-old guard rails.
And installed even newer guard rails.

But consider this:

When the chickens come home to roost,
and Mass. has a true state budget crisis,
what's gonna get cut are things like road repairs -
not the entitlement payments for the Shiftless-American community.

Crimaliens with several fraudulent EBT cards apiece
are gonna have a bumpy ride when they tool around.

Used to commute through NYC area, every frigging holiday there would be a construction project, screwing with traffic and delivering overtime. Nothing for months ahead of time, but a holiday boom something needs fixing. Nothing was ever fixed of course. Money for setting up cones.

1) I wish I could get paid to stay home from work for a year

2) that is a TERRIBLE name for his shop

I know this guy. The name of his shop is a play on words because his last name is Whitman. He's a big tall guy and probably thinks of himself as a badass (always seemed that way to me).

This was one of the two gun stores that were previously located in Pelham, NH and owned by Tyngsboro cops that I posted about recently in someone's thread (which, if I remember correctly, got locked, but not because of me). At the time, I didn't name the shop that moved to MA (Hitman Firearms) because he always treated me poorly, and I didn't want to give him any free advertising.

Money for setting up cones.
2zi8v7.jpg

I know this guy. The name of his shop is a play on words because his last name is Whitman. He's a big tall guy and probably thinks of himself as a badass (always seemed that way to me).

This was one of the two gun stores that were previously located in Pelham, NH and owned by Tyngsboro cops that I posted about recently in someone's thread (which, if I remember correctly, got locked, but not because of me). At the time, I didn't name the shop that moved to MA (Hitman Firearms) because he always treated me poorly, and I didn't want to give him any free advertising.
I had assumed it was a play on the last name, but that really doesn’t make it any less awful, IMO.

How is it every other state can have minimum wage/ community service/ work release flaggers. And we need to pay trained,law enforcement officers double time or time and a half for the same work?
the intent of using cops is to increase safety. People are mostly going to slow down for cops. Sure most will for flaggers also, but some @holes won’t.

I never personally worked a detail where I got to sit in the car, but if the crew doesn’t need a lane shut down at the moment, the best thing the cop can do is sit in the car or hide behind the work truck. If people see him standing there, they freeze and wait for instructions even when none are required.

I went to a Antique and Gun shop in SE MA a while ago that was run by a retired LEO. When I asked about transfers, he said $300.
They're probably only done while on OT.

How is it every other state can have minimum wage/ community service/ work release flaggers. And we need to pay trained,law enforcement officers double time or time and a half for the same work?
I've never heard of community service or work release flaggers. My experience is the minimum wage flaggers are often not worth paying minimum wage. In Mass a flagger would most certainly be paid a prevailing rate almost the same as an officer. An officer doesn't get OT or DT for working an 8hr traffic detail.

Anyone who thinks cops on traffic details are a waste of money probably hasn't worked road construction for any length of time. If cop is not present the a**h***s will be a**h*** drivers. With a cop present they're just a**h***s.

As someone that has had jobs stopped after being told no detail was needed, then having to pay for one in order to restart, don't forget the four hour minimum. Also, your fee is going to the Town/City and not directly to the officer. The city and union needs their cut, too.

Maybe one of his customers gave him sh*t

Don't look at me. I just bitch on forums.

I've never heard of community service or work release flaggers. My experience is the minimum wage flaggers are often not worth paying minimum wage. In Mass a flagger would most certainly be paid a prevailing rate almost the same as an officer. An officer doesn't get OT or DT for working an 8hr traffic detail.

Anyone who thinks cops on traffic details are a waste of money probably hasn't worked road construction for any length of time. If cop is not present the a**h***s will be a**h*** drivers. With a cop present they're just a**h***s.
The prevailing wage law covers only state funded projects. Independent companies like Verizon, Eversource, etc. would not be required to pay the "prevailing wage" .... which only "prevails" because the law does not allow union and non-union labor to compete for the work on price.

I have been to many other states, and lived in both NY and FL. Neither has mandated "pay the police or they will stop your work" laws, and construction sites are not deathtraps just because the flagger does not have power over the drivers.

My previous house was on a dead end street with about 5 houses after mine, and very slow boring suburban development driving. Even so, it required a police detail for Verizon contractors to open the pavement and run a cable across the street. In any real world, the contractors could have easily handled that very light and slow traffic.

Police details are an economic rent.

Don't.
Kill.
The.
Job.

I don't phone in to the Howie Carr show very often at all -
I go entire seasons between calls.
But one time I regaled him with The Bride's tale
of watching road work on the Northboro stretch of I-290:

They cut down all the trees lining the road.
And then planted brand new saplings.
They ripped out all the undamaged guard rails.
And then installed new guard rails.

And a couple of years later they cut down
all the brand new saplings,
and replaced them with even newer saplings.
And ripped out all of the couple-year-old guard rails.
And installed even newer guard rails.

But consider this:

When the chickens come home to roost,
and Mass. has a true state budget crisis,
what's gonna get cut are things like road repairs -
not the entitlement payments for the Shiftless-American community.

Crimaliens with several fraudulent EBT cards apiece
are gonna have a bumpy ride when they tool around.
My favorite .gov waste story goes like this:

I spent the summer of 2000 working for a company that was restoring some of the base housing on camp Edwards. Prevailing wage job, it was great. Redid about 12 duplexes that summer from roof to wood floors. Next summer we got called back to fix up some car ports and I drove by the neighborhood we spent last summer working on. They had torn down all the buildings. Gone, nothing left of them after only a year. Why? Who TF knows?

My favorite .gov waste story goes like this:

I spent the summer of 2000 working for a company that was restoring some of the base housing on camp Edwards. Prevailing wage job, it was great. Redid about 12 duplexes that summer from roof to wood floors. Next summer we got called back to fix up some car ports and I drove by the neighborhood we spent last summer working on. They had torn down all the buildings. Gone, nothing left of them after only a year. Why? Who TF knows?
Back in the 90's I worked for a town.
Large storage room. Intalled framing/walls and made about 6 offices.
Follwing year: Tore down the walls and made it a back into storage
Two years later... made offices again.
Total waste.

Bonus to me... That's where I learned to frame with steel studs, mud drywall, and install asphalt tile flooring.

I don't think large companies are any better. Used to work for a fortune 500 financial institution, and every 6 months some new middle manager hotshot would grab the reigns in an attempt to improve workflow. In reality it was shuffling people into new offices & the Walsh Movers where essentially in our building every day & may as well have been full time employees of our company. I moved into & out of the same office 3 times. over 5 years.

A Tyngsborough police officer and a Chinese national were arrested today and charged with firearms violations.

Daniel Whitman, 36, of Pelham, N.H., and Bin Lu, 49, a Chinese national residing in Westford, were charged by criminal complaint with conspiracy to violate provisions of the National Firearms Act (NFA) by making, possessing and failing to register short-barreled rifles, as well as possessing a suppressor without proper registration. The defendants will make initial appearances today in federal court in Boston.

The rest of the article is pretty well written. Purchased MCX pistol and put on a stock. Purchased lower and built into SBR. Is an 01 and not an 07 (cant manufacture). Does not have an SOT (cant possess NFA items). Gave tactical lessons to non US persons (chinese nationals) without the necessary export license. Overall, totally screwed whether through ignorance of arogance.

The prevailing wage law covers only state funded projects. Independent companies like Verizon, Eversource, etc. would not be required to pay the "prevailing wage" .... which only "prevails" because the law does not allow union and non-union labor to compete for the work on price.

I have been to many other states, and lived in both NY and FL. Neither has mandated "pay the police or they will stop your work" laws, and construction sites are not deathtraps just because the flagger does not have power over the drivers.

My previous house was on a dead end street with about 5 houses after mine, and very slow boring suburban development driving. Even so, it required a police detail for Verizon contractors to open the pavement and run a cable across the street. In any real world, the contractors could have easily handled that very light and slow traffic.

Police details are an economic rent.
I didn't say they were deathtraps without a cop but that they better control the a**h***s driving thru. That being said FL is #2 in the country with the amount of road construction accidents.

Dead end street, quiet one way street, etc doesn't matter, the liability for any company working in the roadway is huge. "If you hadn't been there this wouldn't have happened" is used by some in an attempt to get easy money Best example I have is the driver who (while drunk) drove around the barriers/signs for the closed street and drove into a parked piece of equipment. Admitted being drunk but claimed if we hadn't been there they would not have had the accident....we settled.

Verizon, Comcast, etc not using cops would mean they would have to setup proper traffic control signage which isn't cheap either. You can thank the people that drive into road work signs and the lawyers that sue for damages "because the sign was there" for that cost increase. The same municipalities that require me to setup traffic control on the dead end one way cul-de-sac also require the signs be "crash proof" to minimize the vehicle damage claims.

Bottom line is traffic control will always be costly be cause people are a**h***s.

A Tyngsborough police officer and a Chinese national were arrested today and charged with firearms violations.

Daniel Whitman, 36, of Pelham, N.H., and Bin Lu, 49, a Chinese national residing in Westford, were charged by criminal complaint with conspiracy to violate provisions of the National Firearms Act (NFA) by making, possessing and failing to register short-barreled rifles, as well as possessing a suppressor without proper registration. The defendants will make initial appearances today in federal court in Boston.

The rest of the article is pretty well written. Purchased MCX pistol and put on a stock. Purchased lower and built into SBR. Is an 01 and not an 07 (cant manufacture). Does not have an SOT (cant possess NFA items). Gave tactical lessons to non US persons (chinese nationals) without the necessary export license. Overall, totally screwed whether through ignorance of arogance.
Any guesses on what this “Chinese National” end game was?

wonder how much soon to be former officer was paid

Curious is Whitman American born Chinese. I can not find a picture of him. Is he the taller person all tacticaled out

Lu is listed on the FFL as a manager of Hitman Firearms and is also an investor in the store.

It is alleged that Lu and Whitman sought to build a large indoor shooting range, Freedom Alley Shooting Sports (FASS), which would serve regional and international customers, and offer shooting clinics and other services using funding from Chinese investors. On several occasions, Lu and Whitman did run firearms training camps, consisting of shooting and tactics trainings, for Chinese tourists. Providing such trainings to foreign nationals requires a license from the U.S. Department of State, which Whitman and Lu never applied for nor received.

The Chinese guy will make bail and sneak into Canada for the next flight to Peking on a fake passport, compliments of the Chinese Government, The Cop will be suspended with pay pending the outcome.... I hope he likes General Population in a Federal Prison, he is going to be very popular inside.

Any guesses on what this “Chinese National” end game was?

wonder how much soon to be former officer was paid
Based on the article sounds like he was just running training courses for Chinese tourists. Knowing some people that travel internationally for pistol and other competitions, it's not a stretch to assume some people would want to take a class or something in a foreign land, especially if it's not an opportunity they have at home.
Not too dissimilar from the places that rent machine guns to tourists I've heard about, although this likely crosses the ITAR line as "training" (i.e., a service subject to ITAR) versus "use" or something.

Things like Appleseeds include the whole "are you a citizen?" question probably for this reason.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom