Hitman Firearms

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Chinese guy will make bail and sneak into Canada for the next flight to Peking on a fake passport, compliments of the Chinese Government, The Cop will be suspended with pay pending the outcome.... I hope he likes General Population in a Federal Prison, he is going to be very popular inside.
I don't think that will be the case, as Tyngsborough is not a "Civil Service" town, The Town Manager will most likely fire him and then selectmen will confirm

paul73

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious is Whitman American born Chinese. I can not find a picture of him. Is he the taller person all tacticaled out

Lu is listed on the FFL as a manager of Hitman Firearms and is also an investor in the store.

It is alleged that Lu and Whitman sought to build a large indoor shooting range, Freedom Alley Shooting Sports (FASS), which would serve regional and international customers, and offer shooting clinics and other services using funding from Chinese investors. On several occasions, Lu and Whitman did run firearms training camps, consisting of shooting and tactics trainings, for Chinese tourists. Providing such trainings to foreign nationals requires a license from the U.S. Department of State, which Whitman and Lu never applied for nor received.
it is an odd story indeed. i am thinking more of it to correlate with this:

snax

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Curious is Whitman American born Chinese. I can not find a picture of him. Is he the taller person all tacticaled out

Lu is listed on the FFL as a manager of Hitman Firearms and is also an investor in the store.

It is alleged that Lu and Whitman sought to build a large indoor shooting range, Freedom Alley Shooting Sports (FASS), which would serve regional and international customers, and offer shooting clinics and other services using funding from Chinese investors. On several occasions, Lu and Whitman did run firearms training camps, consisting of shooting and tactics trainings, for Chinese tourists. Providing such trainings to foreign nationals requires a license from the U.S. Department of State, which Whitman and Lu never applied for nor received.
No.

snax

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The Chinese guy will make bail and sneak into Canada for the next flight to Peking on a fake passport, compliments of the Chinese Government, The Cop will be suspended with pay pending the outcome.... I hope he likes General Population in a Federal Prison, he is going to be very popular inside.
Cop has been suspended since last year.

clampett

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
it is an odd story indeed. i am thinking more of it to correlate with this:
I think if there was an armed pro-democracy uprising in HK, the CCP would crush them flatter than Tiananmen Square.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that Whitman any relation to Anthony Whitman the stupid Lowell cop?
One "free" web site thinks they've both lived at the same address
in the past. I wouldn't bet my life on it being true, but it could be.

It's hinky enough that I ain't revealing my precise sources...

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Nick Leduc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Dealing with the Chinese is a bad career move for an FFL. The "Chinese connection" is what got Steve Holmquist, former owner of ARMCO, indicited and convicted on federal charges.

Walk around SHOT Show, the amount of Chinese manufacturers is insane.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0

A Tyngsborough police officer and a Chinese national were arrested today and charged with firearms violations.

Daniel Whitman, 36, of Pelham, N.H., and Bin Lu, 49, a Chinese national residing in Westford, were charged by criminal complaint with conspiracy to violate provisions of the National Firearms Act (NFA) by making, possessing and failing to register short-barreled rifles, as well as possessing a suppressor without proper registration. The defendants will make initial appearances today in federal court in Boston.

The rest of the article is pretty well written. Purchased MCX pistol and put on a stock. Purchased lower and built into SBR. Is an 01 and not an 07 (cant manufacture). Does not have an SOT (cant possess NFA items). Gave tactical lessons to non US persons (chinese nationals) without the necessary export license. Overall, totally screwed whether through ignorance of arogance.

I can only imagine what the guys at the sportsman's club think of all this.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only imagine what the guys at the sportsman's club think of all this.
I can easily imagine what the officers at all the other sportsmen's clubs think of all this.

BTW...

Q: Does anyone know whether the ITAR training issue applies to all non-citizens,
or only non-residents?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can easily imagine what the officers at all the other sportsmen's clubs think of all this.

BTW...

Q: Does anyone know whether the ITAR training issue applies to all non-citizens,
or only non-residents?
For ITAR foreign person is any person who is not a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and includes foreign governments and organizations.

moojpg2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

BTW...

or only non-residents?
non residents/non immigrant visa holders can not possess guns or ammo unless they go through proper channels and are doing it for legit sporting purpose, they usually have to obtain a hunting license, etc. Resident green card holders can buy guns and ammo, get resident alien FID card here in MA, etc.

PappyM3

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
or only non-residents?
ITAR does not apply to U.S. persons. That includes both citizens and permanent residents.

However, there are exceptions. If a U.S. citizen or permanent resident is working for a foreign government or even foreign company, then they are not a U.S. Person according to ITAR.

I highly doubt anybody would get in trouble for training, or selling NVGs, to a U.S. citizen who works for a foreign company. But it does technically still apply. Like, if person A worked at a defense contractor, and their spouse worked for a foreign company, technically person A couldn’t show their spouse most of their work and would have to ensure they always locked their computer while working at home. Make sure their spouse could ever see their screen. And no printed work papers (even unclassified) at home.

June4th

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I know Bin Lu by reputation. He has been a cringe-worthy joker among ethic Chinese firearm instructors, showing plenty of safety violations in his online videos. Apparently he was uploading videos as recent as three days ago:

Chinese tourists/students/new immigrants bring a lot of money and shooting guns is the coolest forbidden fruit they couldn't do in China. I know many Chinese instructors try to tap into this market. Some are oblivious to laws, willfully violate them or worse even post evidence all over social media.

This isn't the first one get busted and won't be the last.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Was primarily wondering about the legal residents who
had their Mass. gun rights acknowledge in Fletcher v. Haas).

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
non residents/non immigrant visa holders can not possess guns or ammo unless they go through proper channels and are doing it for legit sporting purpose, they usually have to obtain a hunting license, etc. Resident green card holders can buy guns and ammo, get resident alien FID card here in MA, etc.
Green card holders can get LTCs on the same basis as any citizen, though I believe they have to include the permanent resident number on the application. Under Fletcher v. Hass this is limited to green card holders, and does not cover those legally here on a visa or visa free travel arrangement.

Top Bottom