• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK Customer Service

For all of you that think that Hecker and Koch has horrible CS, your dead wrong.

Had an issue with my HK45T, that after looking through the hkpro forum turned out to be a false reset problem. Called them up Friday and explained to them the issue i was having. No questions asked about it. Within 5 min they emailed me the "standard overnight" shipping label. I sent it out Monday. Got a call from them on Tuesday around 3pm saying they received my pistol. It did have a false reset issue caused by an out of spec trigger which they changed, and also cleaned and lubed the whole pistol. The guy said it was all boxed up and that i should receive it tomorrow. This was my first experience where i had to actually send a firearm back because of a problem. Ive read plenty of rants on here by people who have had sucky CS experience with companies they had to deal with and read a bunch of times on threads were at least one person says that "HK has horrible CS"

Well putting it out there for you all to know that there CS is top notch, just like there firearms. So find another reason to hate on HK.

MassBan, I 'm glad your experience with HK CS was great, However I can tell you that when I had a problem with a PSG1 trigger group I was told "don't call us, we will call you when we can address the problem"! In another contact with HK CS I was told tha cracking on a SL8 was normal ! Really!! Don't get me wrong HK makes a decent product but is way over priced. Just my rant, maybe they have changed, recently. There has been talk that HK has been in trouble financially and maybe they are trying to clean up their CS. In any case I hope you enjoy your HK.

For all of you that think that Hecker and Koch has horrible CS, your dead wrong.

Had an issue with my HK45T, that after looking through the hkpro forum turned out to be a false reset problem. Called them up Friday and explained to them the issue i was having. No questions asked about it. Within 5 min they emailed me the "standard overnight" shipping label. I sent it out Monday. Got a call from them on Tuesday around 3pm saying they received my pistol. It did have a false reset issue caused by an out of spec trigger which they changed, and also cleaned and lubed the whole pistol. The guy said it was all boxed up and that i should receive it tomorrow. This was my first experience where i had to actually send a firearm back because of a problem. Ive read plenty of rants on here by people who have had sucky CS experience with companies they had to deal with and read a bunch of times on threads were at least one person says that "HK has horrible CS"

Well putting it out there for you all to know that there CS is top notch, just like there firearms. So find another reason to hate on HK.

I had the same problem with a USP Compact 45 and the same exact C-S experience. Shipped to GA on Wed and had it back (in hand) on Fri. [smile]
Try and get that level of service from S&W or Ruger. [frown]

After the soaring sales of civilian arms last year, HK realized that they might actually be missing out on a bit of that gravy...

Exactly. There happy with there $400 pistol until they have a problem and the company makes it a hassle to send it back to be looked it. Im just glad others on here have had positive experience with there CS, because it seems like every time HK is mentioned there are negative things to follow. Usually they think there CS is horrible and that there over priced guns. But id bet majority of people on here are just going by opinion because they dont want to "buy once, cry once" and get a good quality gun.
I had the same problem with a USP Compact 45 and the same exact C-S experience. Shipped to GA on Wed and had it back (in hand) on Fri. [smile]
Try and get that level of service from S&W or Ruger. [frown]

I've delt with HK customer service a few times and they've always been good to me. I had some parts swapped out on a USP compact and they did the same thing for me with the overnight shipping label & I had it back in like 3 days. Same thing with parts I've ordered, I get them in like 2/3 days. I've always delt with Travis over there and he's been great.

But id bet majority of people on here are just going by opinion because they dont want to "buy once, cry once" and get a good quality gun.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that. Does HK make a quality product? Yeah, for what it is, it is pretty high quality. (I should know, I've owned 9 of them, including an MK23 and a P7M8. ) For some buyers selecting a handgun is more complicated than that. If HK's worked for me I'd have 3 or 4 of them right now instead of 4 Glocks. There are a bunch of different manufacturers out there because if everyone's needs could be met by an HK product then most people would own them, cost aside. Cost is only like a tertiary factor for a lot of buyers. I know a bunch of guys running Glocks, M&Ps, XDs that all could easily afford a handgun that costs 2-3 times as much and they would buy it in a heartbeat if it worked better for them, but they don't because they figured out that sometimes the cheaper, simpler options worked better for their needs.

Their CS has improved in recent years, but like I've told other people, if an HK works for you don't worry about it, you probably won't need the CS. Years ago they were renowned for being ****ing terrible in terms of CS, and old institutional memory doesn't die easily.

-Mike

Exactly. There happy with there $400 pistol until they have a problem and the company makes it a hassle to send it back to be looked it. Im just glad others on here have had positive experience with there CS, because it seems like every time HK is mentioned there are negative things to follow. Usually they think there CS is horrible and that there over priced guns. But id bet majority of people on here are just going by opinion because they dont want to "buy once, cry once" and get a good quality gun.

I've never had a problem with my $400 ($500 actually) pistol, but I've heard nothing but good things from those who've had to deal with the manufacturer's customer service. I carry it because I've bought many guns over the years, cried many times (sometimes more than others), and settled on the gun that works best for me. It wasn't the most expensive, wasn't the least expensive, but it's the gun I shoot the best. Cost has never been a factor, but as they say on the golf course, a $1,000 club doesn't make a $1,000 game.

There are a lot of guys walking around with expensive guns, acting like carrying it gives them a bigger dick. I love when they show up at a competition and get schooled by some guy shooting a police trade in GLOCK. It's not the gun, it's the rifleman.

Usually they think there CS is horrible and that there over priced guns. But id bet majority of people on here are just going by opinion because they dont want to "buy once, cry once" and get a good quality gun.

Nope. My opinions of HK guns and customer service are based on my direct experience. If your experience is different, great, but don't disparage others because they have had other experiences.

I've still got one HK USPc. It hasn't been out of the safe in years. I had another, but sold it. All in all, the USPc is heaping bucket full of "meh". The gun is reliable and accurate. The slide stop is properly located and generously sized. The sights are decent. The safety/decocker even works in the right direction. But the ambi mag release is too stiff, too far to reach with my thumb, and messing around with my trigger finger near the trigger guard to push it is something that I'm not particularly happy with. The slide is stupidly oversized for the gun, making it very large for something with that capacity -- compare it in size to a Glock 19/23. The bore axis is high, giving it a fair bit of muzzle flip. The SA trigger is only OK. But the DA trigger is truly horrendous; it has the worst DA trigger pull I've ever encountered.

My experience with HK customer service is based on my experience and that of my gunsmith. He needed to replace a spring on my USPc. When he called HK to order the spring, HK said that since he was an FFL, they would only sell him the spring if he bought $10k worth of inventory. The gunsmith had me call up HK for the spring. It took several calls and over a month to get the spring.

My experience was ~10 years ago, so maybe their customer service has improved, but I can tell you that it well and truly sucked.

Oh, and as for price, I've paid a heck of a lot more for some 1911s than for the HK USPc. If the USPc worked for me, it wouldn't be a safe queen.

Last edited:
The gunsmith had me call up HK for the spring. It took several calls and over a month to get the spring.

Sear spring? That's what happened to mine, same problem. (and same problem getting parts at the time) I was only saved by the generosity of Bruce Gray. (He took one out of one of his shop testing guns and gave it to me!!!)

-Mike

Mainspring. A different gunsmith had done a "trigger job" by cutting the mainspring and had cut it too much, resulting in light strikes.

Mainspring. A different gunsmith had done a "trigger job" by cutting the mainspring and had cut it too much, resulting in light strikes.

You did know, that Wolff has those? (course they may not have had them back then). They used to sell a factory job and a 12 pounder.. and a 10... The 10s are too light and make things weird (and unreliable ignition) but the 12 is perfect for USPs.

-Mike

Im not saying that everyone is going to have a great experience with there CS. I wanted to put it out there that i had a flawless experience with them because there is a lot of preception that there CS was horrible. Drgrant i know from reading posts from you on other threads that you have owned multiple HK's pistols and yea you can give the opinion about them because you have had experience with them. If you didnt like them thats cool, im not forcing them on anyone. I understand what works for one person wont always work for another person.

You did know, that Wolff has those? (course they may not have had them back then). They used to sell a factory job and a 12 pounder.. and a 10... The 10s are too light and make things weird (and unreliable ignition) but the 12 is perfect for USPs.

-Mike

My gunsmith said he had looked for alternatives and couldn't find any. I'm sure that my gunsmith was a regular customer at Brownells, so I have to assume that Wolff wasn't making a spring for them at the time.

Back
Top Bottom