• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hk p7 question

So I was looking through the classifieds here and saw a gentleman with an hk p7 for sale. I personally don't like the look of the squeeze safety. But without it i think it could be a real sharp looking firearm. So I'm wondering did hk ever release a striker fire no safety version of the gun?

Dude Its not a squeeze safety. The squeeze system is what cocks the striker assembly.

..which is why it's colloquially called "squeeze cocker"

The HK P7 bears a striking reselblence to the operation of the Gardenia (I think) garden hose nozzle.

It's a wonderful bit of engineering. The NJSP had these for a while but moved away from them due to ADs - probably something having to do with squeezing with 3 fingers to cock, but not squeezing with the 4th. Another problem is they make a loud "click" when cocking or uncocking, which can be a problem if you have to discretely make the gun ready, or if you are surrendering to armed police who respond to you holding someone at gunpoint.

All in all, I'd love one in my collection, but not at $2500 - although the one in the classified is a nice sample. I don't buy into the Chantilly marking adding value, but what does add value is that it is not one of those police trade ins with the agency name milled out of the slide.

Dude Its not a squeeze safety. The squeeze system is what cocks the striker assembly.

..which is why it's colloquially called "squeeze cocker"

Pertinant information to the question. And from my understanding is the gun cant be fired without it depressed. So it acts like a safety and is it really worth getting worked up over the terminology. Its a beautiful saturday go out side and play in traffic or something

The HK P7 bears a striking reselblence to the operation of the Gardenia (I think) garden hose nozzle.

It's a wonderful bit of engineering. The NJSP had these for a while but moved away from them due to ADs - probably something having to do with squeezing with 3 fingers to cock, but not squeezing with the 4th. Another problem is they make a loud "click" when cocking or uncocking, which can be a problem if you have to discretely make the gun ready, or if you are surrendering to armed police who respond to you holding someone at gunpoint.

All in all, I'd love one in my collection, but not at $2500 - although the one in the classified is a nice sample. I don't buy into the Chantilly marking adding value, but what does add value is that it is not one of those police trade ins with the agency name milled out of the slide.

Absolutely cool gun i just think aesthetically itd look better without it. Not knocking it but like you said the price is high i was looking for a cheaper way

I dont think I've ever seem one before. Around how much would they go for?

I dont think I've ever seem one before. Around how much would they go for?
They are no longer made.

There is one in the NES classifieds for $2500 firm, which is not totally out of line with Gubroker prices (though there are some with starting bid prices around $1400 that do not yet have bids).

It came in 3 or 4 models depending on how you count the 45:

P7M8 - Single stack 9

P7M7 - 45; never put into production; described as "rare as an intelligent thought from Senator Schumer" according to hkp7.com

P7M13 - Double stack 9

P7M10 - Foray (large, bulky slide, rarest of the 3)

Plus there may have been some factory nickel ones, and the P7K3 (22/32/380)

The P7 is an awesome gun if you like to pop off a few accurate shots at the range and then go home. They like to break parts and the frame get very hot after a few mags

The P7 is an awesome gun if you like to pop off a few accurate shots at the range and then go home. They like to break parts and the frame get very hot after a few mags

This is why I really like to stick with the classics for most of my shooting AR15's without alternative, proprietary, piston system and 1911 with traditional extractors (I don't think S&W will even sell you a spare 1911 extractor, since that is a factory fitted part - which translates to "we'll find on in the bin that fits your gun").

It's much easier to get parts, and I don't have to worry about chasing down parts that are no longer available from the manufacturer.

As an example, one of our locals just fitted a Colt Elliason sight for his Taurus PT92 since the only thing he could find on the internet were other PT92 users looking for replacement sights.

My brother carries a p7 m8 and it is very accurate and easy to shoot. They are not very common and seem to go for a fair amount of cash. he has had his a long time and has put many rounds through it with zero issues.

I had a P7M8 years several years ago. It was accurate and seemed to make anyone a better shooter, but did heat up after a bit of shooting and was too heavy to CC, for a single stack 9mm. I wish I still had mine as they are worth much more than when I sold mine(and I still doubled my money at the time).

They are no longer made.

There is one in the NES classifieds for $2500 firm, which is not totally out of line with Gubroker prices (though there are some with starting bid prices around $1400 that do not yet have bids).

It came in 3 or 4 models depending on how you count the 45:

P7M8 - Single stack 9

P7M7 - 45; never put into production; described as "rare as an intelligent thought from Senator Schumer" according to hkp7.com

P7M13 - Double stack 9

P7M10 - Foray (large, bulky slide, rarest of the 3)

Plus there may have been some factory nickel ones, and the P7K3 (22/32/380)

You forgot the P7 PSP, which is one of the more common versions.
It's basically the same as the P7 M8, but the mag release is on the heel of the frame.

4028361654_9a353010b6.jpg

but that cocker if it was straight walled would like sexy as helli think and almost perfect single stack ccw sized. Plus the accuracy and overall sexiness

Back in 1999 both FS and Village Gun were selling them, refurbs from NJ SP with ground off NJSP logo and they were ~$750 out the door! Neat gun but will burn your fingers after 2 mags!

I like the design and almost bought one. I gave up on the idea when I realized that it could use only jacketed ammo due to the gas bleed in the barrel.

I've shot the P7M13 several times. It's got one of the best triggers on a pistol. It's heavy and impractical to carry. I wish someone would make a polymer version. The M13 grip is pretty big. I haven't shot the M8, but I assume the grip is better. They're not easy to get in MA anymore, although they do show up from time to time.

I've shot the P7M13 several times. It's got one of the best triggers on a pistol. It's heavy and impractical to carry. I wish someone would make a polymer version. The M13 grip is pretty big. I haven't shot the M8, but I assume the grip is better. They're not easy to get in MA anymore, although they do show up from time to time.

They aren't easy to get anywhere and prices reflect that.

Gunbroker right now lists they from $1500.00-2300.00 (those are current bids, not asking/minimum prices).

Mags go $69 and up!

I still have a PSP I picked up in 2012 or so for short money, maybe $650 or so. The PSPs do not have a plastic guard below the gas cylinder and get warm, the P7MX variations are not as bad w the plastic insulator but are spendy.

I do think they look awkward, but it wouldn't be the same gun w/o the squeezer.

They aren't easy to get anywhere and prices reflect that.

Gunbroker right now lists they from $1500.00-2300.00 (those are current bids, not asking/minimum prices).

Mags go $69 and up!

Are those Mass legal pre-ban P7M13 mags ???
If so, that's a bargain because the last ones I saw for sale were $150 each.

So I was looking through the classifieds here and saw a gentleman with an hk p7 for sale. I personally don't like the look of the squeeze safety. But without it i think it could be a real sharp looking firearm. So I'm wondering did hk ever release a striker fire no safety version of the gun?
Short answer is NO.

The squeeze cocker is integral to the design of the pistol. Unlike a Glock for example , the striker is not cocked until you squeeze the cocker. That is why it is a cocking device, not a safety. And it also releases the slide after a reload which is pretty handy.

I think it is the finest stock trigger available on any production pistol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Are those Mass legal pre-ban P7M13 mags ???
If so, that's a bargain because the last ones I saw for sale were $150 each.

Sorry, no. I was quoting prices for the P7M8 and their mags. P7M13s are even more rare and expensive (even ignoring the MA-legal issues for mags).

Back
Top Bottom