• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HK parts net let me down.

I got myself a POF reverse stretch sp89 clone.
I'm planning on changing a couple parts just for looks. One thing I don't like is the metal trigger housing.
I have a plastic housing with all selections but although the trigger pack fits the selector doesn't. The trigger housing walls are thicker.
I asked HK parts net if there is a ambidextrous selector lever kit that I can buy. Their response was NO and buy our entire trigger pack for $500, BTW its backordered.
WELLLLLL.
Last week I found this. I love Magpul!!!!

mag1071-blk_magpul_esk_03_1.jpg

Fits perfectly and gives you 3 options for left side of the housing.
I understand they want to make a sale but $500?? They knew I was just looking for one simple thing and probably was NOT going to pay $500.
They haven't lost a customer, I was just a little disappointed. The lever kit is $47.

RC

I got myself a POF reverse stretch sp89 clone.
I'm planning on changing a couple parts just for looks. One thing I don't like is the metal trigger housing.
I have a plastic housing with all selections but although the trigger pack fits the selector doesn't. The trigger housing walls are thicker.
I asked HK parts net if there is a ambidextrous selector lever kit that I can buy. Their response was NO and buy our entire trigger pack for $500, BTW its backordered.
WELLLLLL.
Last week I found this. I love Magpul!!!!

mag1071-blk_magpul_esk_03_1.jpg

Fits perfectly and gives you 3 options for left side of the housing.
I understand they want to make a sale but $500?? They knew I was just looking for one simple thing and probably was NOT going to pay $500.
They haven't lost a customer, I was just a little disappointed. The lever kit is $47.

RC
Dude it's HK, rape is part of the deal. [rofl]

Not sure why you would expect any different.

LOL! Yeah.

I was expecting a response more along the lines of Sorry no we don't have a selector kit like you are describing.
Instead the actual response was
"Your POF trigger pack will not work in that trigger housing. You will need to swap the complete trigger group."

Which is wrong, it does work. I just needed Magpul to solve the problem.

RC

LOL! Yeah.

I was expecting a response more along the lines of Sorry no we don't have a selector kit like you are describing.
Instead the actual response was
"Your POF trigger pack will not work in that trigger housing. You will need to swap the complete trigger group."

Which is wrong, it does work. I just needed Magpul to solve the problem.

RC
Apparently they weren't wrong though. Your POF factory trigger pack DIDN'T fit that trigger housing. You had to replace it with something else from Magpul to make it fit. I don't expect to know every single aftermarket part that may or may not work for a clone that may or may not be in spec. Especially given POF has the worst track record of all the companies making MP5 clones. Had to add that qualifier because we all know that Century makes the worst G3 clone.
That doesn't really cover them trying to charge you $500 for something that if you understand more complex internet searches you can find for half usually. Hell there's a NH guy that sells HK trigger housings for substantially less on this forum alone. HKParts has always been for people who want immediate gratification and are willing to pay for it. But it can't usually be had for less, it can ALWAYS be had for less than them.

No no no, the trigger pack did fit. It was the selector that did not fit, which was my original question in the first place.
If I really wanted to I could’ve shave down that little knob on the selector lever post, but I did not want to do that work.
I had the same question to them a few years ago when I got my C 93. That one came with a plastic trigger housing so the select lever fit perfectly fine but I changed the housing out for a better look and then it looked like crap on the right side so I was asking if they had a dual paddle kit and at that time they said no. Didn’t try to sell me a $500 complete lower.
I have pretty good Internet skills searching for accessories is all I seem to do I don’t know how I ever missed this Magpul thing especially when I’ve done searches for this specific item for a while now probably over two years.
Oh I don’t think I’m trying to turn my POS POF into an HK, I’m not, just changing a few cosmetic items for “cool factor”.

RC

My favorite clones are POF and Zenith. I love that their lowers are able to accept the lower pin unlike HK and other clones. I’ve seen them being very accurate at 100 yards too.

I hate that clipped and pinned crap.

No no no, the trigger pack did fit. It was the selector that did not fit, which was my original question in the first place.
If I really wanted to I could’ve shave down that little knob on the selector lever post, but I did not want to do that work.
I had the same question to them a few years ago when I got my C 93. That one came with a plastic trigger housing so the select lever fit perfectly fine but I changed the housing out for a better look and then it looked like crap on the right side so I was asking if they had a dual paddle kit and at that time they said no. Didn’t try to sell me a $500 complete lower.
I have pretty good Internet skills searching for accessories is all I seem to do I don’t know how I ever missed this Magpul thing especially when I’ve done searches for this specific item for a while now probably over two years.
Oh I don’t think I’m trying to turn my POS POF into an HK, I’m not, just changing a few cosmetic items for “cool factor”.

RC
Ok I'm tracking. but as said, if it doesn't fit because one part doesn't fit then it doesn't fit. Though them saying it'll never fit is over the top.
That being said I'm glad a simple swap made it fit. I'm also not knocking POF because they for a long time made the firearm substantially more accessible than it has been, just that they've also had a similar history of problems over that time. Not nearly as bad as CAI by any means, but it was there. Even if you were trying to make it into an HK, why do I care? as long as you're happy it doesn't matter.
About the most tardy thing POF does with the model you have is call a reverse stretch a K model.

My favorite clones are POF and Zenith. I love that their lowers are able to accept the lower pin unlike HK and other clones. I’ve seen them being very accurate at 100 yards too.

I hate that clipped and pinned crap.
Still needs to be modified, but yeah, I get how goofy that solution is. Also not the cheapest solution typically. I believe I got my PTR complete clipped/pinned trigger pack & housing from RobertRTG and the whole thing ran me $200

HKParts has always been for people who want immediate gratification and are willing to pay for it. But it can't usually be had for less, it can ALWAYS be had for less than them.

Here in 2021 that isn't always the case, unfortunately. Lots of German stuff is hard to find anywhere, and prices elsewhere aren't really any better than HKParts for some stuff. Hell, they sold me a pile of 30rd MP5 mags that looked like they were NOS for significantly less than anyone else was charging for well worn stuff. That was a couple of months ago. But you're right about them otherwise.

Oh yeah this guy:

Apparently they weren't wrong though. Your POF factory trigger pack DIDN'T fit that trigger housing. You had to replace it with something else from Magpul to make it fit. I don't expect to know every single aftermarket part that may or may not work for a clone that may or may not be in spec. Especially given POF has the worst track record of all the companies making MP5 clones. Had to add that qualifier because we all know that Century makes the worst CETME C clone, HK makes the best CETME C clone.
That doesn't really cover them trying to charge you $500 for something that if you understand more complex internet searches you can find for half usually. Hell there's a NH guy that sells HK trigger housings for substantially less on this forum alone. HKParts has always been for people who want immediate gratification and are willing to pay for it. But it can't usually be had for less, it can ALWAYS be had for less than them.
Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.
No you didn't. Yes, they are both CETME clones, but CAI specifically made a clone of the HK91 as well and it was exceptional shit.
Yes, they have the C308 which is a more straight Cetme clone.
They had the C91 which was discontinued years ago and was an even bigger POS.

I actually searched out my POF. I am very happy with it, it works fine and the welds are good and everything straight.
One thing I’ve always hated about the SP89 was that it couldn’t except a retractable stock because of the plates welded over the slots.
When people started making the reverse stretch I jumped on that bandwagon and then with the POF has the reverse stretch AND the 2 pin lower I fell in love with that. No one else does both.

RC

No you didn't. Yes, they are both CETME clones, but CAI specifically made a clone of the HK91 as well and it was exceptional shit.
Yes, they have the C308 which is a more straight Cetme clone.
They had the C91 which was discontinued years ago and was an even bigger POS.
Yes you are correct on the C91. I forgot about that one.

Back
Top Bottom