HK/PTR/CETME receiver flat bending jig available

I have a jig (from HKparts.com) for bending every kind of HK or CETME flat: 33, 93, 91, 94, MP5.

Build you rifle before new AWB turns your kits into expensive scrap!

robertrtg.com has all the parts you need to build your own HK-clone or CETME-clone including flats. It's great place to get parts especially if you don't have a kit.
Let's make this happen folks!

Jig is available for rent or sale and is in classifieds: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...or-CETME-HK-G3-PTR-94-93-91-33-MP5?highlight=

Last edited:
Hit up the NES Build Crew thread in the members section, maybe a few guys would want to split the cost of the jigs and have a flat bending get together. If I were not so broke at the moment I would be very interested in this.

What are the kits going for?

Hit up the NES Build Crew thread in the members section, maybe a few guys would want to split the cost of the jigs and have a flat bending get together. If I were not so broke at the moment I would be very interested in this.

What are the kits going for?

I got CETME for $150. probably pretty bit up. we'll see, it comes Monday night.
haven't seen cheap g3 kits but parts are plentiful.

I've seen pictures of them being bent with nothing more than a round pipe and some pry bars, but personally I wouldn't go that route.

Along with the jig on hkparts, there is a different type one on Gunbroker for slightly less $$: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=269092152

Also there is a thread at http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=687996 detailing someone bending one on a different jig, and they refer to it being available to rent so you may want to contact some folks there.

If you're even more ambitious, you can find the critical measurements at http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?21843-H-amp-K-Bending-Jig-Plans and http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?13953-Flat-folding-fool-new-guy-questions!/page3

Where did you get your CETME kit? I'd love to build a G3 or CETME so those Copes flats have been calling my name, but I haven't found a decent kit for much less that the cost of a new complete PTR.

Thanks SSS

i've been through all those links except for this one http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?21843-H-amp-K-Bending-Jig-Plans. I like it [smile] simple and almost elegant.

I sent you a PM about where you can get CETME kit's

I myself just received it on Monday and it's good condition. internals I'd say event very good to excellent.
Wood had seen some wear, few dings/scratches but nothing major. definitely no cracks/repairs at least on the sample i've got.

kits are most likely Israeli demils with stars of David pressed into mag wells. correct me if i'm wrong, since i'm not a historian.

I've been so pleased that I just ordered another kit to make it into HK-style with modern synthetic furniture etc
it's much cheaper doing it this way than to buy all-german/hk parts and building rifle from scratch. yeah, it's gonna be not real Hk, but i don't really care-it will look and function the same and whomever's got stiff upper lip about it can go fuc... themselves.

And i'm planning to keep first one the way it is - aged, well-worn like it has seen some service.

there is actually some 'holly land' dirt still in the groves of the rubber butt pad.

Last edited:
kits are most likely Israeli demils with stars of David pressed into mag wells. correct me if i'm wrong, since i'm not a historian.

you are more than likely correct. AK kits with the star of david proof marks are tell tale signs that they've been through the hands of the IDF.

PM me where you got such a kit. Did it come with the barrel intact?

pics as promised

c9.JPGc1.JPGc2.JPGc4.JPGc5.JPGc6.JPGc7.JPGc8.JPG

I did some research and it turns out that rifles had to be produced by spanish state arms factory (santa barbara, spain) between 1965 and 1984. logo matches.

seems like not Israeli after-all, since serial numbers are marked exactly as spanish did it, despie the star of david

===========

got my second kit today. on this one wood looks rough but metal seems to be in unissued condition.

Last edited:
quite so far. I had to put it on the back-burner. My next step is to machine flat bending jig and go from there.
i'll be renting it out after i'm done with it.

It is a whole rifle, but it had some problems to address: broken firing pin, ground bolt head, rough internal receiver-the action was not smooth and would get stuck rearward. I've replaced and polished most of the guts, deburred and polished the inside of the receiver, cut off the CAI loudener in favor of a better brake, re-crowned the barrel, chopped off the shitty rear site for an HK diopter, and am in the process of installing a paddle mag release per ATF instructions. I took it to range after I replaced and polished the internals, ran like a champ. Now just messing around with cosmetics ala the brake, sites and mag release-and refinishing the furniture. Then I'll prolly duracoat in HK black. Should be a sweet battle rifle when I'm done.

I got new unused bolt face, locking piece and played with rollers until the cocking tube and bolt face gaps were OK and it cycled OK. Took it to the range and gave it a brief workout no failuers and the brass (that I could find, it got flown a good 30-40 feet to 2 o'clock) came out OK considering its a cetme- and took everything down. All the parts looked OK and the gaps were all in spec. So I figure the one thing Century did right was press the barrel in OK. Everything seems fine and it functions just as it should. Usually you will see peening on the cocking handle or cocking handle stop if the head space is ger****ed as the bolt carrier will push too far forward and actually rest on the cocking handle - or it wont cycle correctly. I read somewhere one guys head space was so off the rifle fired like a bolt action, it did not cycle - as the rollers couldnt release. I dont know if the headspace is perfect, but it does seem to be running fine... so far.

finally got myself receiver flat bending jig from HK builder
suitable for HK H&K 33 93 91 94 MP5
with new ban looming don't want my kits become expensive scrap metal.
anyone interested in renting it out or want to setup a HK/CETME-clone build party, give me a holler if you want to use my jig.
i can not host my own party but would gladly participate if someone else hosts it.

anyone interested in renting it out or want to setup a HK/CETME-clone build party, give me a holler if you want to use my jig.
i can not host my own party but would gladly participate if someone else hosts it.

you might be a certain group's new best buddy.

leghump.gif

This is a kit build I have always been interested in. But sadly, I'm not too good with a mig welder. I will be keeping an eye on this.

got my receivers bent this past Saturday. Boris, his building experience and metal bending know-how was instrumental. Greatest of thanks you to friend!

to all whom interested in renting or buying jig i have it listed in classifieds.

here are the results of our combined effort.

DSCN3423s_zps2de35760.jpg

DSCN3416s_zpsbb64de85.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom