HK USP .45 vs HK45

wanted to see if anyone had any opinions in the H&K usp chambered in .45 vs the HK45. Which one is more left handed friendly? do you guys that own these like or dislike the LEM trigger?

Neither, really, although the HK45 does have ambi slide lock, which might help you a bit.

I had an HK45 with the LEM, I actually liked the system, better than DA/SA. I only sold my HK45 because I shot my G21SF a lot better!

-Mike

Neither! Unless you are LE or a commercial air pilot H&K have a ridiculously high mark up like 40%. Buy an FNX .45. 15 plus 1 .45 acp (doesnt apply to you though...) made in USA and less expensive

I had a full size usp45. It was hands down the most accurate 45 I have shot. Mine was std da/sa.

Let me just say I was more accurate with it than g30 or 1911. Ymmv.
But it is a BIG full size, not concealable for me gun. So that made it a range only gun.

It did everything extremely well, and I wish I still had it.

No experience with hk45. But I love my 9mm usp compact, but it is heavy for its size..

I've got the USPC 45 (V1 SA/DA), and I absolutely love it. Extremely accurate, and eats any ammo I feed it without issue. I'll never part with it.

I've actually got 2 nice .40 cal pistols in the classifieds right now because I am not a fan. I would like to get something full size in .45 that is both left hand friendly and not a 1911 (because I have those already not because i dont like them)

I believe they are very similar, and the main point of the HK45 was all around ergonomic improvements (same with the USP > P30>. Personally the HK45CT is my dream pistol, I think its the best looking pistol ever made and of course it has the HK rep for the quality, due to the price and rarity here I'll probably won't get one anytime soon though.

Not a lefty so can not help you there. I have a le trigger kit in a drawer but did not like it and removed it. I do like my H&K's though..

usp-1.jpg

nice pics!. I got a p30 myself and fell in love with it right away. I'd also like a p2000 but it I have only seen .40 ones and I'm looking out for the 9mm. I am very interested in the fn pistols as well but I never ever see them anywhere.

I have a FNX-9 and a few HK P30s. The P30 is the best 9mm pistol I have ever shot. It fits my hand perfectly and has very low recoil. Its accuracy is only limited by me shooting it. The LEM trigger is good, but not perfect. The FNX-9, on the other hand, doesn't fit the hand as well as the P30, but the trigger on the FNX is one of the best ever in a SA/DA setup out of the box. So I love them both.

I am buying a FNX-45 and a HK45 as soon as I find them in MA.

- - - Updated - - -

I never shot the LEM trigger, but I love my USP .45 - if memory serves, the HK45 has less magazine capacity than the USP.

correct. The USP45 holds 12 while the HK45 has 10.

I have an HK45 DA/SA (whatever version that is).

It's very accurate and I like it a lot. As for being lefty friendly, you'd need to add a safety/decocker on the right side of the frame and it would be completely ambi at that point.

Back
Top Bottom