HK USP 45

So are you shooting your first shot DA? Or are you chambering the round and then just shooting SA?
Depends on what I'm doing, if I'm practicing drawing for self defense I do first shot da (as in carry decocked round chambered), then follow ups single. IF I'm shooting to just shoot some times ill do all DA (Decock after ever shot) or all SA.

Depends on what I'm doing, if I'm practicing drawing for self defense I do first shot da (as in carry decocked round chambered), then follow ups single. IF I'm shooting to just shoot some times ill do all DA (Decock after ever shot) or all SA.

Excellent. A lot of folks with a DA/SA gun will just load a mag, charge the chamber, and shoot all their rounds SA -- if they ever had to actually shoot DA they'd throw their first shot badly.

Excellent. A lot of folks with a DA/SA gun will just load a mag, charge the chamber, and shoot all their rounds SA -- if they ever had to actually shoot DA they'd throw their first shot badly.

It's worth noting that the P99/SW99 has an alternate mode for the first shot. If you don't decock, you get a long, but (relatively) light pull. When Walther came out with the P99AS, they played this feature up quite a bit.

-Mike

It's worth noting that the P99/SW99 has an alternate mode for the first shot. If you don't decock, you get a long, but (relatively) light pull. When Walther came out with the P99AS, they played this feature up quite a bit.

Thanks, I've never fired either of those guns. The DA/SA guns that I have or had (SIG, CZ, and HK) ranged from meh (SIG) to just stupid (HK).

I sold my USP .40c. It has the same issues as the .45c.

I prefer the Glock 23. The 23 is significantly thinner and easier to conceal. The 23 has less muzzle flip. The 23 has the mag release in the correct place. You can get pre-ban mags for the 23.

The USP .40c is reliable and it comes with decent sights -- the factory standard Glock sights just suck, although they are easily replaced.

If you go to an IDPA match, you'll see a ton of Glocks and quite a few S&W M&Ps. But in the past year I haven't seen a single HK.

Maybe not because I has g23

-Mike
Yes true, I liked mine a lot, I sold it because I like the .40 more than the 9mm and I may just add the p99 in 40 some day I might look to pick up the .40 version

Oh I'd be stupid not to practice how I carried it, but some times like I said I'd fire off rounds every which way just for fun at the range.

I called Manchester range, they said to rent the HK USP 45 is $30, and a box of ammo is $28.[frown]. Way too much money

There's plenty of folks with a USP 45 here on NES. If you ask nice and bring factory ammo, I'm sure you'll one who will meet you at a range and let you try it out.

I love my sig, the DA doesn't bother me at all. And I shoot both DA and SA at the range. Would it with trading a 226, for HK Usp .40 full size?

If it was a really good P226 9mm with a clean SA pull (not too heavy, breaks clean) you would be a fool to make that trade.

They're both good pistols but if you forced me to choose between the two I'd take the P226 9mm first.

I sold all my Sigs and HKs but the Sigs are the only ones that remotely tempt me back. (The other day I was at IDC and it took all my willpower to leave a nice Tysons's Corner folded slide P226 there. ) [laugh]

-Mike

If it was a really good P226 9mm with a clean SA pull (not too heavy, breaks clean) you would be a fool to make that trade.

They're both good pistols but if you forced me to choose between the two I'd take the P226 9mm first.

I sold all my Sigs and HKs but the Sigs are the only ones that remotely tempt me back. (The other day I was at IDC and it took all my willpower to leave a nice Tysons's Corner folded slide P226 there. ) [laugh]

-Mike

Thats why I love it so much, both the DA/SA breaks nice and clean. And it is 9mm

-Mike

I like the newer HKs, but the USPs don't interest me. Between SIG and HK, I'd rather have a SIG at the range but I trust the HKs to go bang more reliably. Also, I did try a P30L and I'd definitely get one if I lived in a free state.

I should have tried your G34 on Sunday though if I got one of those, I'd have to get it modified to fit me.

I actually end up using the mag release tab on the right side of the trigger guard with the middle finger of my grip hand. It's easier than trying to reach the other side with my thumb.

I been looking at the HK45, and I kinda like it. But the compact model appeals to me more than the full size version. If I don't end up with an HK, I just might end up picking a Kimber pro carry II

I been looking at the HK45, and I kinda like it. But the compact model appeals to me more than the full size version. If I don't end up with an HK, I just might end up picking a Kimber pro carry II

Do you plan on carrying it? If not, I see no reason to go for a smaller gun.

As mentioned, I have an HK45 (full size) and a P2000sk. I've also tried a P2000 and P30L though I've never tried an HK45c. Personally, I find the spiderman grip on the full size HK45 to be more comfortable than the others.

You seem to be skipping all over the place. Find out what you actually want to do with the thing first before you buy it. I realize that takes the excitement out of it but you'll be a lot better off in the long run.

Kimber doesn't exactly make a top quality 1911, either. (and I say that as someone who owns one). At least I finally got mine to work right... thanks to an astute gunsmith. (Lou @ BEC fixed it up for me. ) The reality is what they make is never any better than what S&W makes, and is probably worse some of the time. If I didn't get the deal I got on mine I would have ended up with an S&W.

I'll also second what PaulD said- if you're not carrying this, a lightweight or compact .45 is a really, really dumb idea, unless you just enjoy transmitting extra recoil and muzzle flip into your hands for the fun of it. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
I love my HK USP Tactical 45 with M6x. I could never see myself selling it.

In my opinion you want to buy/shoot a gun you love, and also one that will retain value should you need/decide to sell it. HK's always hold thier value if you take care of them. Especially in MA.

I should note that I've probably bought most of the guns I own before every firing that model. This state being what it is, it can be very difficult to find certain guns to try or even hold. However, I at least tried to research the model before purchasing and think about what I wanted the gun for and whether the particular gun had a good rep (in other words, I've never wanted a Kimber).

I'll admit though, that some were purchased because I looked at it, got the jitters and couldn't control myself. Luckily, most of those turned out to be keepers.

I have a USP45CT and I just got it back from a Bill Springfield trigger job. Amazing is all I have to say. I agree with the pros and cons listed above except for the trigger (though mine is no longer stock) and the concealment factor as I have a cross breed holster and carry mine concealed often. I have worn it in shorts with a fleece pull over. Shorts and a t-shirt are a nogo, but jeans and a pull over-no problem.

Do you plan on carrying it? If not, I see no reason to go for a smaller gun.

As mentioned, I have an HK45 (full size) and a P2000sk. I've also tried a P2000 and P30L though I've never tried an HK45c. Personally, I find the spiderman grip on the full size HK45 to be more comfortable than the others.

Its a personal preference, I perfer smaller compact or "mid sized" guns.

Back
Top Bottom