HK USP C .40 / P30 in .40

Hi guys-

I would like some opinions from current owners of either or both models.

I have shot the USP C in 9mm and I really liked it.

Thinking of getting one, and make it my EDC.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
hmm, well i used to own the USP C in 9mm, if i had to pick between the 2, i would buy the USP , i don't like the idea of the de-cocker right on the side of the hammer , on the back plate. plus the USP has a better slide release lever if you ask me.

downsides of the usp. proprietary rail system. and smaller mag release , but you can buy the hk45 mag release and put it in.

Screw H&K. They don't even like civilians. I'd take my money elsewhere (SIG, hint hint).

I own the USP 40 compact and the P30 9mm. I carry the USP and shoot the P30 at every range visit. I can't say enough about the quality, reliability and ergonomics especially of the P30. The only downside is the price!

I also own the Sig P226 (40 s&w)and 1911(45 acp) and they are fine/expensive pistols as well. You really can't go wrong with any of the major mfg's...I recently purchased the M&P 45c and had some work on the trigger and I'm really liking this pistol, have 500 rounds through it now and have started to carry it in lieu of the USP40c.

USPc just because you can get pre-ban hi-caps for it if you need them. [wink] The P30 is uber cool, but it takes some getting use to the location of the controls: I don't like the de-cocker on the rear like that! I am LH and rather have it in the normal location!

USPc is harder creature to get as well. Unless they stop importing the P30's, you can buy them in "any" shop. Go walk into 10 shops in MA and see how many USPc you can find. [smile]

Just my 2 cents - YMMV. [laugh]

I own a P30 and USP fullsize and honestly you can't go wrong with either. Shoot both and make a choice.

P30 in 9mm and hk usp compact .45 and I haven't had both for very long (less than a month). Love both of them and plan on shooting both a lot. P30 is better ergo's and superior but you can get lot's of pre ban stuff for the usp. I picked them up because they are left hand friendly

P30 in 9mm and hk usp compact .45 and I haven't had both for very long (less than a month). Love both of them and plan on shooting both a lot. P30 is better ergo's and superior but you can get lot's of pre ban stuff for the usp. I picked them up because they are left hand friendly

Very hard to find an HK 45 for sale already here in MA.

Im lefty as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I've got an HK USPc 45. I had one in .40 - I sold it and don't miss it one bit.

They are accurate and reliable. The slide stop is generously sized and well placed. The mag release is poorly placed and the spring is stiff. The stock sights are reasonable. The SA trigger is only fair. The DA trigger is absolutely horrid. It is truly bad.

The HKs also have a high bore axis, giving them a lot of muzzle flip. Perhaps the biggest sin of all is that the slides are grossly oversized, making the gun very large for its capacity.

I carry my Glock 23 now and then. I sold the USPc .40 and have never carried my USPc .45. In this size of gun, I think the Glock 19/23 is a far better package (and no, I'm not a Glock fan-boi).

The last time I had to get some parts out of HK it was a nightmare. Rumor has it HK is better about that now.

Last edited:
I think if I were right handed I wouldn't necessarily have a jones for h&k. I owned a g23 and carried it for a couple years and had to really teach myself how to reload with it. I also had two sigs (226 and 239) and same thing, loved the guns but once I got turned on to the h&k i couldnt look back. The first time I shot the p30 with ambi controls, my smile muscles hurt for three days. I would really love an FN FNX but I will wait until mass is in the rearview mirror.

I think if I were right handed I wouldn't necessarily have a jones for h&k. I owned a g23 and carried it for a couple years and had to really teach myself how to reload with it. I also had two sigs (226 and 239) and same thing, loved the guns but once I got turned on to the h&k i couldnt look back. The first time I shot the p30 with ambi controls, my smile muscles hurt for three days. I would really love an FN FNX but I will wait until mass is in the rearview mirror.

On Gen 4 Glocks, the mag release can be switched to the other side.

I'm sure they are nice but im not a leo and i'm not paying the same price for a gen 4 as i could for an h&k here in mass.....I can't wait to get a gen 4 g17 once I move away

Back
Top Bottom