• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holbrook Sportsmans Club Gun Show

50 BMG

Mosin Nagant Collector
NES Life Member
ADDED DISCOUNT COUPON

Holbrook will be having their annual gun show November Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th
Doors open at 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
150 Quincy Street
Holbrook MA
Just off Rt 137.

Feel free to print the $1.00 off coupon

Attachments

• IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
This. I have heard varying things about the number of vendors etc that show up to these things. Will there be lots of guns to look at?

Last year the millsurp ammocan and container guy was there with a former Pepsi city delivery truck (the one with all the roll-up doors down the sides.) Some here have asked about storage crates recently, for long term ammo storage.
Custom kydex holster guy, custom fitted ear plugs vendor, some sauce/jerky vendor if I remember correctly.
Holbrook is a small club but they pretty much packed every square inch of the main hall, indoor range, and a large outbuilding, in addition to a few vendors like the ammo can guy outside.
IIRC, there was little to no reloading stuff, and limited militaria/collectible stuff.

Last year the millsurp ammocan and container guy was there with a former Pepsi city delivery truck (the one with all the roll-up doors down the sides.) Some here have asked about storage crates recently, for long term ammo storage.
Custom kydex holster guy, custom fitted ear plugs vendor, some sauce/jerky vendor if I remember correctly.
Holbrook is a small club but they pretty much packed every square inch of the main hall, indoor range, and a large outbuilding, in addition to a few vendors like the ammo can guy outside.
IIRC, there was little to no reloading stuff, and limited militaria/collectible stuff.
That sounds fun

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

and limited militaria/collectible stuff.

This is OK with me. I go to a gun show to see guns, ammo and possibly some accessories. The big gun shows tend to fill up with militaria and collectables because they don't have enough gun vendors. Same bunch of junk at every show.

Gun shows are like this for me.
If I have nothing to do and it's raining I go ....if it's nice out and I have nothing to do I go shooting.

Holbrook is the best little gun show around. There is free parking. Food available and the admission goes to support a club.

How much of the door goes to the club?
I have not been over to Holbrook in years but the food has always been good.

I am not a member so I have no idea. But I would think all of it since it's their show at their club. But if it is that important to you, call them and ask.

So no gun show promoting company ...didn't know that.
If I had the time I might have gone?

Just got back as well. Nice little show. Didn't find anything I had to have, but still was fun walking around. I saw the Super B and it was priced pretty good. Best part was shooting the Benelli, or should I say it was bad as now I want a Benelli......

Just got back as well. Nice little show. Didn't find anything I had to have, but still was fun walking around. I saw the Super B and it was priced pretty good. Best part was shooting the Benelli, or should I say it was bad as now I want a Benelli......
I was carrying around my son, so I didn't get a crack... Probably for the best

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Nice show, all proceeds go to the gun club.

Some dealers however are ridiculous.

M&P Shield 9 mags marked $52! S&W MSRP is $38 on those mags.
http://store.smith-wesson.com/webap...4_750001_750051_758019_-1_757846_757837_image

One dealer had primers for $42/K, there were about 4 stickers on top of each other.

I think these dealers still think Hitlery won the election! [rolleyes] No reflection on Holbrook Sportsmen's Club as dealers get to set their own prices for better or worse.

In contrast, Terry Goode (Collectors Firearms & Militaria) had 1K Small Pistol Match Primers that were marked $30! He's always a fair dealer to do business with.

Nice show, all proceeds go to the gun club.

Some dealers however are ridiculous.

M&P Shield 9 mags marked $52! S&W MSRP is $38 on those mags.
http://store.smith-wesson.com/webap...4_750001_750051_758019_-1_757846_757837_image

One dealer had primers for $42/K, there were about 4 stickers on top of each other.

I think these dealers still think Hitlery won the election! [rolleyes] No reflection on Holbrook Sportsmen's Club as dealers get to set their own prices for better or worse.

In contrast, Terry Goode (Collectors Firearms & Militaria) had 1K Small Pistol Match Primers that were marked $30! He's always a fair dealer to do business with.

42$/1000 not to far off than the local shops... best price I have seen around Holbrook shops is 32$/1000 with no case discounts.. although that can be tough for some shops depending on the FD restrictions.

Im going to take a stab at this.
Are the vendors who don't have a actual store on the higher side of prices?

I only know of one vendor I recognise as having a actual store and that's hunters in Weymouth. Not that their prices have ever been that great.
I will say though Don has talked me out of spending money a few times[smile]

42$/1000 not to far off than the local shops... best price I have seen around Holbrook shops is 32$/1000 with no case discounts.. although that can be tough for some shops depending on the FD restrictions.

Im going to take a stab at this.
Are the vendors who don't have a actual store on the higher side of prices?

I only know of one vendor I recognise as having a actual store and that's hunters in Weymouth. Not that their prices have ever been that great.
I will say though Don has talked me out of spending money a few times[smile]

Outer Limits in Holbrook had a wall in the pavilion. They also had (from what I could see) decent prices. My best and only deal was a few hundred rounds of x54r for 2.50 a 20 round packet. Looks to be bulgarian light ball and maybe polish?

Big difference between $42 and $32/K for primers. I've also seen $32-39 in shops.

I don't know if the $52 for a $38 MSRP Shield 9 mag dealer is only at shows vs. actual store.

I saw a few dealers there that I know have stores, but don't know about any of the ones I quoted above.

Not a bad way to kill a coupe of hours. Went with a friend who picked up some ammo. In reference to high prices, one dealer had 20rd boxes of bear .223 for $20 - huh? Looked at some nice (but pricey) garands and saw a really nice DCM M1 Carbine but priced high at $1300.

Not a bad way to kill a coupe of hours. Went with a friend who picked up some ammo. In reference to high prices, one dealer had 20rd boxes of bear .223 for $20 - huh? Looked at some nice (but pricey) garands and saw a really nice DCM M1 Carbine but priced high at $1300.

Was that the one with the very nice tiger striped stock?

Back
Top Bottom