Holbrook Sportsmen's Show Nov 23 & 24

I always liked the Holbrook show. It was the first show I took my son to years ago. I haven't been in a couple of years, but plan on making it this year. I plan on asking my son if he wants to go. Maybe pick up some stocking stuffers and who knows what you will find.

Definitely worth going if you live on the south shore. They do a nice job. Decent prices, for a gun show, in my opinion. I'll be going.

The Holbrook show seems to be the last decent show left in Mass.
are they not the same vendors from , plymouth, hanson, bridgewater, willmington shows ? toss in a few random local gun stores like hunters and outer limits ?

Definitely worth going if you live on the south shore. They do a nice job. Decent prices, for a gun show, in my opinion. I'll be going.
decent prices are relative.
I generally dont find good prices at gun shows for the exception of a few deals on bulk ammo. I tend to go to gun shows in the hope to find odd ball parts and odds and ends local shops wont have.

are they not the same vendors from , plymouth, hanson, bridgewater, willmington shows ? toss in a few random local gun stores like hunters and outer limits ?
NO, it is a club-run gun show. No big name promoters from out of state involved. It brings lots of small dealers from the general area.

NO, it is a club-run gun show. No big name promoters from out of state involved. It brings lots of small dealers from the general area.
its been several years since I have been to any show, think plymouth was my last. Then the bridgewater club and holbrook same year.
I was shooting ATA trap over at holbrook.
i might go just to look at some steel and wood.
Gun $$$ broke so no purchases for me.

The Holbrook show seems to be the last decent CLUB show left in Mass.
Fixed it for you. [grin] Let's not give nubes the impression that this is some kind of massive gun show. It's a nice little club show with a bunch of local area shops showing up. The people are nice and the food, for some reason, is actually pretty good (IMHO). There are a few activities too. It is worth going to if you are in the area just to support the club if nothing else. But if you are already familiar with the local shops that show up, you probably already know their stock and their prices. Again, a pretty good club show... no more, no less. [cheers]

Fixed it for you. [grin] Let's not give nubes the impression that this is some kind of massive gun show. It's a nice little club show with a bunch of local area shops showing up. The people are nice and the food, for some reason, is actually pretty good (IMHO). There are a few activities too. It is worth going to if you are in the area just to support the club if nothing else. But if you are already familiar with the local shops that show up, you probably already know their stock and their prices. Again, a pretty good club show... no more, no less. [cheers]

Yeah, I get it. It is important that first timers understand that it is a smaller club show and not some massive commercial style show. However, I will stand by my comment that, IMHO, it is also the only remaining decent show in Mass, period.

It's a decent club show most years, occasionally it's it's a bit of a clunker. I'd probably go, but I'll be out of town over the weekend. I will say that the first year I went, 2006, I got a super good deal on a S&W Model 10-5. $210.00 out the door from a dealer I haven't seen since.

Years ago, I met Scott Brown at Holbrook. I shook his hand and he vowed to fight for our rights and told us all he was on our side.
I'd like to see the son of a bitch show up there now. LOL.

Holbrook is a really good take, especially if you are local. The last time I went, the chainsaw sculptor was there and had some great stuff for sale and was just cool to watch. I fell in love with a Uberti lever gun that almost left with me. It wasn't crazy expensive and the walnut was possibly the nicest I have ever seen, but it wasn't in a caliber I wanted.

Anyone know if the guy from VT? With all the springfield parts will be there?
Being a relatively small show, they don't attract vendors that travel 100+ miles to work a show. They attract small dealers within ~50 mile range and you can sometimes find a gem on a table.

Being a relatively small show, they don't attract vendors that travel 100+ miles to work a show. They attract small dealers within ~50 mile range and you can sometimes find a gem on a table.
Im not sure if he was from VT but I know hes been at holbrook in the past. All "milsurp" parts with a lean on 1903/garands and such. I cant even remember the last time i was at holbrook...maybe 2012?

Im not sure if he was from VT but I know hes been at holbrook in the past. All "milsurp" parts with a lean on 1903/garands and such. I cant even remember the last time i was at holbrook...maybe 2012?

I Think i know the vendor you are referring too, but haven't seen him at the show in a few years, and i cant place his name/vendor.

if i see anything Friday during setup, i will try to remember to login and reply to this thread as well.

Any reviews? i will be pushing the time frame but might be close enough to run through around 2pm?

Just got home. Not a bad take. The usual vendors plus a couple of new ones. No outdoor activities but a nice way to kill a couple of hours. Spoke to a vendor friend who was at Boxboro and he said Boxboro was a complete disaster.

It was a good club show but thought they could fit more tables. To the guy who said it was sold out - they had many more tables stuffed in there years past.

Back
Top Bottom