• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holliston Firearms going out of business

Never went there because it’s out of range for a reasonable trip, but I hate to see one of the good guys disappear. It’s a tough time to sell gun stuff now though. I get it.

As for paying more to help a particular business, I’ll do it sometimes as long as it’s not too much more. I recently had a new shop open about 10 minutes from me. I’ve gone a couple times to by ammo even though it was a little more.

Closed I happened to be in the area and stopped by. There was a sign on the door that said they were closed for retail sales.

Only hearing this news now as I haven’t been over there since last September. When Mark didn’t promptly reply to an email as he always had I realized something may be up. I’ve purchased a few guns from him and a bunch of ammo over the last couple years. I made sure transfers I did for guns he didn’t have or couldn’t get me have gone through him as well for the transfer fee. He was local, so more convenient than a drive to Framingham or elsewhere, and I much preferred supporting his independent business. Wish him the best, they will be missed.

Only hearing this news now as I haven’t been over there since last September. When Mark didn’t promptly reply to an email as he always had I realized something may be up. I’ve purchased a few guns from him and a bunch of ammo over the last couple years. I made sure transfers I did for guns he didn’t have or couldn’t get me have gone through him as well for the transfer fee. He was local, so more convenient than a drive to Framingham or elsewhere, and I much preferred supporting his independent business. Wish him the best, they will be missed.

Not sure where you're located but I've been going to AC Arms in Mendon since Mark closed. It's a very small shop, but the transfer fee is low and Tony is a great guy to do business with. Just an option instead of going to MFS, which is very expensive.

Not sure where you're located but I've been going to AC Arms in Mendon since Mark closed. It's a very small shop, but the transfer fee is low and Tony is a great guy to do business with. Just an option instead of going to MFS, which is very expensive.

Yeah only reason I go to MFS is if I’m taking a Bob Macquarie class. Otherwise I avoid that place and go to Framingham or Natick. I’ll be sure to check his place out haven’t hear of it before!

Have things flipped? Last time I checked, MFS had a $25.00 transfer fee. AC Arms' posted transfer fee is currently $40.00. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom