• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holsters for running.

I have a female friend who swears by Remora holsters for running. She does road as well as trail running, and loves them. Depending on her mood and where she is going she alternates between a .380 and an M&P 9c.

I wouldn't normally advocate off-body carry but since I started running/ jogging after quitting smoking, I sometimes carry my LCP in the case for my GPS. It's not ideal and obviously a lot slower to draw. I always hiked for exercise so I never had a problem with a regular IWB holster and my usual belt. But since I started jogging (mostly in the woods) I wear only a t-shirt and running shorts, no belt. I'll hold this little case in my left hand and a gatorade in my right.

LCP 001.jpg
LCP 002.jpg

When I started jogging in May I had tried wearing regular shorts with belt, and the LCP in the High Noon leather IWB holster that I'd used for hiking in hot weather previous summers. The LCP almost jumped out of the holster as I was leaping over a huge downed tree so I will not be using that holster again for jogging/ running. What I will probably eventually do is find one with a retention strap, as I really don't like the idea of off-body carry but it does the trick for now.

http://www.andresholsters.com/dcch_chest.html

lady atilla and i met the owner at a gun show. he was carrying a desert eagle in one of his holsters under his t-shirt and it was invisible. we bought one.

think these would work with a tanktop? I like to open carry my "other" guns when I work out

something tells me the 30, 20 year old women that also run the stairs at the wachusett dam wouldn't feel comfortable knowing the guy staring at them for the last 10 minutes also carries

think these would work with a tanktop? I like to open carry my "other" guns when I work out

something tells me the 30, 20 year old women that also run the stairs at the wachusett dam wouldn't feel comfortable knowing the guy staring at them for the last 10 minutes also carries

no doubt they would. i've worn it a few times and it's pretty comfy. some models are ambi so you can carry on either side, or just carry two guns. [mg]

no doubt they would. i've worn it a few times and it's pretty comfy. some models are ambi so you can carry on either side, or just carry two guns. [mg]

nice, I will have to pick one up. I have been looking for something strong enough to support my heavy ass sig while my heavy ass trucks it around

I find it essentially impossible to run with a conventional holster. I will usually throw a small handgun in an uncle mike's #3...(P238 or SW637) and put it in a camelback if I decide to carry while running.

Unfortunately this is one scenario where the discomfort of running with a gun wins the battle on how badly I will need it.

#1 threat running locally is soccer moms texting and driving followed by a distant #2 of unleashed aggressive dogs. Neither of which are appropriate to shoot.

I find it essentially impossible to run with a conventional holster. I will usually throw a small handgun in an uncle mike's #3...(P238 or SW637) and put it in a camelback if I decide to carry while running.

Unfortunately this is one scenario where the discomfort of running with a gun wins the battle on how badly I will need it.

#1 threat running locally is soccer moms texting and driving followed by a distant #2 of unleashed aggressive dogs. Neither of which are appropriate to shoot.

do you carry dog mace?

I usually do when I walk my dogs and take them on hikes but I havent figured out how to comfortably carry it jogging yet

I also just started jogging again recently

Holster issues are making me crazy - stupid newb. i just got a remora to try it out. can't imagine concealing anything bigger than a Shield :)

I started with a sig 239 in .40, can't imagine carrying anything as small as a shield [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom