Holy CRAP they are good..

We just walked over to Stop and Shop for lunch. Well, I just walked over for the exersise. But my co-worker walked over there for some food.

Anyway, they have pringles on sale for a dollar a can.

So, we picked up a can of the jalapeno pringles.

Man, those are really damn good.

C-pher just be cafefull not to give Mrs. C-pher a smooth untill ya brush your teeth. Jalapeno potato chips whooooweeeee grab the bianca

Moderator said:
C-pher just be cafefull not to give Mrs. C-pher a smooth untill ya brush your teeth. Jalapeno potato chips whooooweeeee grab the bianca

Unless he gives her some of the chips first. [lol]

Lynne said:
Moderator said:

Unless he gives her some of the chips first. [lol]

Umm, I don't see that happening. She doesn't really like the Hot stuff.

I usually have to make two of things. One where I like it, and one not hot for her. And I don't even make things that hot. Now, my daughter loves hot foods. She takes after her old man. I was so proud when she bit into a red onion and said "Yummy!!"

Looks like I'll DEFINITELY have to bring some hot stuff to the OctoberFest. I'm into Habanero Sauces, and recently bought one that I had to sign a Memorandum of Understanding to get. We'll see just how hot it is.

Ye gods, I can smell the testosterone from here.

Boys, before you make the breakfast inedible by poisoning it with habaneros and jalopenos, do please consult with your victims, I mean, the people you're feeding first? Please?

Anything that you have to pick with rubber gloves on to prevent getting burned is NOT meant to be eaten!

I believe that this might be an appropriate emoticon for this discussion:
puke.gif

Don't worry Ross, I ONLY add Hot Stuff to food I'm cooking when EVERYONE that's eating is OK with it.

Otherwise, I put the stuff out as a condiment.

Ask any of the DeadHorse that go to Spring Bash or the Bean Run, and they'll vouch for me doing that. I usually am the "Head Cook", so to say, but thhere's no spicey stuff in the food, since some folks don't like it or can't eat it.

I may like it HOT, but some folks don't, so I cook for the crowd, NOT for me.

ETA, here's a good smiley for it:
jump_fire.gif

Nickle said:
Don't worry Ross, I ONLY add Hot Stuff to food I'm cooking when EVERYONE that's eating is OK with it.

Thanks, Nickle. I appreciate that. I do like a little spice in my food (I've gotten some really NEAT recipes out of the Dinosaur BBQ Cookbook https://dinosaurbarbque.com/catalogue/cookbookcat.htm), but I learned that not everyone likes the spices the same way.

Oddly enough, my wife, who likes Tex-Mex, has me tone down the recipes from the Dinosaur cookbook. Go figure. But then, I was the one who went nuts for Cajun food (toned down a little) when we visited NOLA.

Ross

I forget that hubby has a weenie stomach. I like spices and hot. Junior on the other hand goes for just down right painful.

James (son) likes HOT peppers, but doesn't do horseradish.

Heather (daughter) does horseradish, but won't do peppers, or even some onions.

The wife and I do both, but, I do hotter peppers than she does, and she'll eat peppers that 90% of people WON'T. We both like Habaneros. I'll have to look at what I bought recently.

Mrs WW, nice to know what Alan likes, now I know what to send him.

When we were in Texas this winter,I specifically picked up hot things for him. Habanero salt,various sauces,and my brother sent more really spicy sauce that I packed in his trunk,along with various food items. I did tell him he had to eat the spam before they head over. Figure you got to make them MRE's taste better. Oh, and I have to remember the adobo.

The current MRE's are FAR better than the original ones. They've still got a ways to go. I kind of miss C-Rat's myself. Being a Maintenance Puke, I always had an engine to heat them on. I miss the Beans and Meatballs.

I prefered c-rats too. First generation MRE's sucked. Chicken ala puke comes to mind. Alan likes quite a few of the MRE's he's tried. I guess they have come a long ways.

Junior will take a tube of Wasabi and eat it with his sushi,then bat at his face like somethings crawling all over his face. Rather comical. I like things in moderation, but I like hot.

The habanero chips my brother sent up had a really good burn. One of those you couldn't eat that many at once. Alan's a gluton for punishment and ate half the bag at once,then decided only handfuls were better and not as painful. [roll]

MrsWildweasel said:
The habanero chips my brother sent up had a really good burn. One of those you couldn't eat that many at once. Alan's a gluton for punishment and ate half the bag at once,then decided only handfuls were better and not as painful. [roll]

I love very hot food, but will admit that it hits you twice . . . so sometimes cutting back on the intake is a wise thing. [wink]

Oh yeah,I totally am with you on the cut back. :D The only thing is Alan is 19 and that whole common sense thing hasn't kicked in yet.

MrsWildweasel said:
When we were in Texas this winter,I specifically picked up hot things for him. Habanero salt,various sauces,and my brother sent more really spicy sauce that I packed in his trunk,along with various food items.

Hey, MrsWW... if Alan likes hot spices, you might want to try some stuff from Auntie Arwen. http://www.auntiearwenspices.com/index.php Auntie Arwen is a wonderful, multi-talented lady who is a PhD, a Baroness in the SCA, a published author, and an artist (I have several of her watercolors).

She sells spices, catnip, all sorts of stuff. (Shadow recommends her Organic Catnip!) I got this for a friend, and she says it's good stuff: http://www.auntiearwenspices.com/detail.php?prod_id=132 It's a Jerk seasoning called Klingon in the Alley (a more potent version of her "Bully in the Alley" Jerk seasoning).

Ross

Thanks Dwarven1,I will check them out for sure. My 2 cats neither of them like catnip. Won't touch it with a ten foot pole.

I'm wiht Nickel here. I do the same thing at home. When I'm cooking, I make a batch for me, and one for everyone else. Because some people don't like food as hot as I do.

And what's funny. When I think that it's bland, other people will think that it's hot. But I think that's from growning up in the deep south where hot foods are all over the place.

Now, don't get me wrong, unlike Alan, I like flavor, not undying heat. But if my nose isn't running, then it's not hot enough. But I don't want to be wishing that I never ate it. There's a difference between hot and tasty and just plain stupid hot.

But I do like that endorphin rush you get from the hot foods.

OK, I looked into the 2 hot sauces I bought.

Here's my favorite of all, but not one that I bought, since I can find it in Burlington, and still have some left:

http://www.melindas.com/sauces/xxxx.html

THis is the one I had to sign the Warning Notice for, it's hotter than the one above:

http://www.melindas.com/sauces/redsavina.html

The Red Savina pepper is suppossed to be hotter than the Habanero, about twice the heat.

The other one is here, the name is HAZMAT, Habaneros, Capsacin, vinegar and spices.

"One of the few things a firefighter fears more than a Backdraft- Hazardous Materials. "Haz Mat" for short. This sauce definitely fits the description! Hotter than the Backdraft, and just short of Stupid. You don't talk about flavors with a sauce this hot- you just talk about possible long term effects."

http://wildpepper.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=41HAZM&Category_Code=HS

Back
Top Bottom