Holy crap, this hobby is expensive

Hello, my name is Rich, and I'm an Gunaholic. I have not bought a firearm in nine days.

I've also spent a small fortune. Part of my reasoning is trying to buy some items before they are banned, or made much more difficult to acquire by the new administration. IMHO they will find one way or another to stick it to us. It might be an AWB, it might be huge taxes on ammo, it might be the elimination of FTF transactions, or it might be worse. Get'em while you can.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Rich

Hello, my name is Rich, and I'm an Gunaholic. I have not bought a firearm in nine days.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Rich

[laugh] I have not even thought about what I spend - I always spend huge amount of money on anything (or anyone, for that matter) that invigorates me!

After 30+ years of this [STRIKE]addiction[/STRIKE] hobby, I wouldn't even know where to begin to total up how much money I've spent. [shocked]

I have learned two things over that time:

1) If you want something and you can buy it without going bankrupt, do it, because it will cost you more later.

2) Think long and hard before you sell or trade any gun. You'll probably regret it and wind up buying it again - and it will cost you more (see #1 above). [laugh]

Next thing you knwo though if you were really into knitting you'd be buying the top of the line knitting stuff, knitting really expensive materials [laugh]

As long as it's on the approved list and non hi-cap.

After 30+ years of this [STRIKE]addiction[/STRIKE] hobby, I wouldn't even know where to begin to total up how much money I've spent. [shocked]

I have learned two things over that time:

1) If you want something and you can buy it without going bankrupt, do it, because it will cost you more later.

2) Think long and hard before you sell or trade any gun. You'll probably regret it and wind up buying it again - and it will cost you more (see #1 above). [laugh]

Amen brother.

I think I'm going to take up twice-a-week plasma donating to bring in an extra ~$5,000 a year just to pay for guns & ammo.

Seems like a good trade to me.

I don't even want to think about how much I've spent or calculate how much of my time goes into this hobby. It's worse than crack I tell you. What makes it worse is that my eyes are bigger than my wallet and inevitably I get into trouble.

I've made a decision though. I have enough weaponry to fulfill my needs and I am going to supress my wants. My only focus now is ammo and last gun purchase will be a pimptastic nickeled Colt 1911 when I turn 40.

**oops forgot the group buy lower and lpk. I then just need to get an upper. That's all....[rolleyes]

pj150, I'll bet you a brand new S&W that you will buy MANY more guns after you're 40 than before!!!

We oldtimers have all the money!!! (Except Fooped, and EC, and 50BMG...a few)

[laugh] I have not even thought about what I spend - I always spend huge amount of money on anything (or anyone, for that matter) that invigorates me!

You are investing in your happiness... good for you!

You go Girl!!!

Rich

p.s. In September I will have two daughters in college. No scholarships... it is all on Dad. Do you know how many guns and bullets I could buy if they changed their minds??? The good news is that investing in them invigorates me, and as someone pointed out recently, they will be the ones that decide what nursing home I go into. [grin]

Bushmaster Predator target rifle: $1300
.223 XM193 (Case): 400
Enjoying a day at the range, putting
hole after hole through a quarter sized
group, AND making liberals nervous and
afraid:

Well, you know...

Don't forget the nineteen bucks for NES membership, the biggest bang for the buck in the firearm hobby.

Chris

With a couple of recent exceptions, I always tried to do the "Do I REALLY want to do this?" test. EG, I'd take that gun out to the range, and only that gun, with a bunch of ammo and shoot it. If I didn't think to myself "wow you're a moron for even thinking about selling this!" then it got sold.

For example, one time I seriously thought about selling my P7M8, to use the money to fund some random thing or another. I'd take it to the range,
and after the session, I basically said to myself "This would be a bleeping travesty and a half if I ever sold this. " [laugh]

-Mike

Back in 1977 when I first got my LTC it was only ten bucks. The cost of a new gun was around $110.00 and 38spl reloads were between two and three bucks. My first 9mm pistol was a Smith and Wesson model 6906(second generation) brand new for $249.00 .When I decided to by my first Colt .45 that's when I had to spend the big bucks $389.00+tax and I even had to pay four bucks for factory .45 ammo. Boy, I sure miss the good old days.

you dont even want to know what i spend in guns ammo and accessories. dropped 12k on my trip to virginia plus i have an nice expensive glock addition i am working on along with all my ar's

Back
Top Bottom