• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HOLY CRAP!!

Nickle said:
C-Pher, you just reminded me of another thing I like here.

The Diversity of the members. You name the shooting discipline, and there's likely someone here that knows it. I have had very narrow competition interests in the past, and it's nice to know there's someone I can ask about IDPA, IPSC, SASS or such and get a straight answer. That, my friends, is truly priceless.

Agreed, and that there are people on here that can and will help you with things that you might not know about. Or doing things that you wouldn't be able to do yourself. That in itself is a HUGE thing about the people on here...Nickel!

Nickle said:

The Diversity of the members. You name the shooting discipline, and there's likely someone here that knows it. I have had very narrow competition interests in the past, and it's nice to know there's someone I can ask about IDPA, IPSC, SASS or such and get a straight answer. That, my friends, is truly priceless.

Agreed, and that there are people on here that can and will help you with things that you might not know about. Or doing things that you wouldn't be able to do yourself. That in itself is a HUGE thing about the people on here...Nickel!

Nickle said:

In reading all of your comments it looks like I have reached my goal. I wanted to create a place for shooters to get together, share ideas, ask questions, spread gun law awareness, become friends, and go shooting.

I am pleased to say I have gotten a chance to meet a lot of you in person, and I am proud and privileged to call you my friends.

The ultimate goal is to increase firearm awareness and increase gun ownership. I want to thank you all for your contributions and for always putting a smile on my face.

Semper Fidelis

In reading all of your comments it looks like I have reached my goal. I wanted to create a place for shooters to get together, share ideas, ask questions, spread gun law awareness, become friends, and go shooting.

I am pleased to say I have gotten a chance to meet a lot of you in person, and I am proud and privileged to call you my friends.

The ultimate goal is to increase firearm awareness and increase gun ownership. I want to thank you all for your contributions and for always putting a smile on my face.

Semper Fidelis

Semper Fidelis

The fact that someone can come here not knowing anything about anything, and come out knowing a lot is priceless. There are people who come here looking to buy a first gun. There are people here who own guns but have a specific mechanical question. There are people interested in laws, training, hunting, whatever.

No matter the question, there is either someone here who can help answer, or at least to commiserate with. The ones who know stuff can show it by helping others and at the same time, they learn a little more also.

Thanks LenS for pointing me here, and thanks Derek for doing this.

The fact that someone can come here not knowing anything about anything, and come out knowing a lot is priceless. There are people who come here looking to buy a first gun. There are people here who own guns but have a specific mechanical question. There are people interested in laws, training, hunting, whatever.

No matter the question, there is either someone here who can help answer, or at least to commiserate with. The ones who know stuff can show it by helping others and at the same time, they learn a little more also.

I applaud Derek as well for creating a place that is THE coolest out there. :D Thanks D. Job well done.

I would also like to thank those of you who participate. You make being a Mod fairly easy. You're good people.

I applaud Derek as well for creating a place that is THE coolest out there. :D Thanks D. Job well done.

I would also like to thank those of you who participate. You make being a Mod fairly easy. You're good people.

Nickle said:
I am #174 to have joined.

#79 here... Amazing how many names there are on the member list with 0 posts.

Derek, let me add my conga-rats to the ever-growing list. I used to read 1911Forum and rec.guns. Haven't looked at either in months.

And it's ALL YOUR FAULT!! [lol]

Nickle said:

Derek, let me add my conga-rats to the ever-growing list. I used to read 1911Forum and rec.guns. Haven't looked at either in months.

Nickle said:

Adam_MA said:
Bugie,
That's what first attracted me to this forum. I found it, I read a little, and joined right away. I had asked a couple of questions on other forums, and because I was not at their level I felt like I was "putting them out" by asking a rudimentary question and taking them away from their "1911 is the ONLY gun for a REAL man" debates.

Adam

So if the 1911 isn't the only gun for a Real Man, what the heck is?

By the way, isn't the term Real Man a clinker from the 1980's?

[roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll] [roll]

Adam_MA said:
Bugie,
That's what first attracted me to this forum. I found it, I read a little, and joined right away. I had asked a couple of questions on other forums, and because I was not at their level I felt like I was "putting them out" by asking a rudimentary question and taking them away from their "1911 is the ONLY gun for a REAL man" debates.

Adam

Adam_MA said:
Bugie,

Adam

Coyote33 said:
The fact that someone can come here not knowing anything about anything, and come out knowing a lot is priceless.

Especially to those of us (like me) for whom this is true! If I have one complaint, there is so much information here it takes a long time to read it all!!

The variety of information is astounding and keeps it interesting. If ever my liscense comes, I'll be a better, more responsible, more educated, more active, gun owner becasue of this place.

Thanks,
Matt

Coyote33 said:
The fact that someone can come here not knowing anything about anything, and come out knowing a lot is priceless.

Especially to those of us (like me) for whom this is true! If I have one complaint, there is so much information here it takes a long time to read it all!!

The variety of information is astounding and keeps it interesting. If ever my liscense comes, I'll be a better, more responsible, more educated, more active, gun owner becasue of this place.

Thanks,
Matt

Coyote33 said:

Thanks,
Matt

Cross-X said:

Oh, I love straight lines like this!

How about "A Real Man can shoot anything he picks up"? [wink]

Reminds me of that bozo I overheard at the range telling the woman he was teaching how to shoot that "a .380 is a good defense round for a girl." [roll] [roll]

Cross-X said:

Reminds me of that bozo I overheard at the range telling the woman he was teaching how to shoot that "a .380 is a good defense round for a girl." [roll] [roll]

Cross-X said:

Back
Top Bottom