HOLY CRAP!!

Just so you know what I'm talking about...

600.jpg

I just checked.

Counting backwards,

#600 was today

#500 was 25 Nov

#400 was 17 Oct

#300 was 18 Aug

#200 was 22 May

#100 was 19 Mar

#1 was 25 Feb

I am #174 to have joined.

Nickle said:
Amen to that.

A decent forum, not full of braggarts and liars, like a couple of other forums I know of.

And lets hope to keep it that way!! It certainly helps those of us without an extensive background in fireamrs to know that you arent going to be ridiculed for asking a question.

Great job to Derek, the mods and all the forum members who make it a great place to hang out and learn
:D

Bugie

Bugie,
That's what first attracted me to this forum. I found it, I read a little, and joined right away. I had asked a couple of questions on other forums, and because I was not at their level I felt like I was "putting them out" by asking a rudimentary question and taking them away from their "1911 is the ONLY gun for a REAL man" debates.

This place is GREAT, and I know that our wonderful mods here will continue doing the right thing to make sure it stays this way.

And Derek... What can I say about you??? Well, lots of things, but they aren't appropriate for here (there are women present) :D But I would like to extend a sincere THANK YOU for all your efforts in making this forum what it is!

Adam

Forum moderation is so important. I moderate two forums (one a PDA forum, one Pilates forum) and they're both well run - not just because of me, but because the administrators care and pick moderators well. I've seen other forums go down the tubes fast because of lax administration, the spammers and scammers are out there ready to swoop in if you give them a chance! [shock] This forum is great, you all do a good job [!]

Forum moderation is so important. I moderate two forums (one a PDA forum, one Pilates forum) and they're both well run - not just because of me, but because the administrators care and pick moderators well. I've seen other forums go down the tubes fast because of lax administration, the spammers and scammers are out there ready to swoop in if you give them a chance! [shock] This forum is great, you all do a good job [!]

The credit for this place really all belongs to Derek!

He built it and set the tone of the forum and that makes all the difference in the world.

Thanks buddy!

--------------

Now having said that, it is all the users that keep it going and keep it friendly. A half dozen Mods with whips and chairs couldn't keep this place in order if the membership weren't the polite group that we have here!

Thanks to all of you!

He built it and set the tone of the forum and that makes all the difference in the world.

Thanks buddy!

--------------

Now having said that, it is all the users that keep it going and keep it friendly. A half dozen Mods with whips and chairs couldn't keep this place in order if the membership weren't the polite group that we have here!

Thanks to all of you!

Thanks buddy!

--------------

Thanks to all of you!

Adam_MA said:
Bugie,
That's what first attracted me to this forum. I found it, I read a little, and joined right away. I had asked a couple of questions on other forums, and because I was not at their level I felt like I was "putting them out" by asking a rudimentary question and taking them away from their "1911 is the ONLY gun for a REAL man" debates.

This place is GREAT, and I know that our wonderful mods here will continue doing the right thing to make sure it stays this way.

And Derek... What can I say about you??? Well, lots of things, but they aren't appropriate for here (there are women present) :D But I would like to extend a sincere THANK YOU for all your efforts in making this forum what it is!

Adam

I have to agree. At first when I came across this site, I wondered if it was going to be another High Power Forum. Then I posted about Cowboy Shooting thinking that it was going to cause a stir. It went over with out me getting ran out of town.

Then I was able to ask questions about guns that I didn't know much about, but I have. Like the AR's that I just came across because of friends that were getting rid of them. And I was treated very well...not like I was a dumb ass for getting a gun and not knowing much about it except how to shoot it and break it down and clean it.

It's one of the best run Chat boards on there....and it does have a lot to do with the members that are on here, the mods that watch over us at night. And our Fearless Leader that leads us into temptation and urges us to buy more and more FREAKING GUNS UNTIL WE RUN OUT OF ROOM...then post pictures of them and talk about them...and break what's got to be one of the comandments...

Isn't there one about Thou shall not covet your neighbors guns or something????

Adam_MA said:
Bugie,

Adam

I have to agree. At first when I came across this site, I wondered if it was going to be another High Power Forum. Then I posted about Cowboy Shooting thinking that it was going to cause a stir. It went over with out me getting ran out of town.

Then I was able to ask questions about guns that I didn't know much about, but I have. Like the AR's that I just came across because of friends that were getting rid of them. And I was treated very well...not like I was a dumb ass for getting a gun and not knowing much about it except how to shoot it and break it down and clean it.

It's one of the best run Chat boards on there....and it does have a lot to do with the members that are on here, the mods that watch over us at night. And our Fearless Leader that leads us into temptation and urges us to buy more and more FREAKING GUNS UNTIL WE RUN OUT OF ROOM...then post pictures of them and talk about them...and break what's got to be one of the comandments...

Adam_MA said:
Bugie,

Adam

I have to agree that this is the best forum for guns. I can't even begin to want to navigate Glocktalk again. I haven't logged on there in at least 6 months. Yay for Derek.

I have to agree that this is the best forum for guns. I can't even begin to want to navigate Glocktalk again. I haven't logged on there in at least 6 months. Yay for Derek.

C-Pher, you just reminded me of another thing I like here.

The Diversity of the members. You name the shooting discipline, and there's likely someone here that knows it. I have had very narrow competition interests in the past, and it's nice to know there's someone I can ask about IDPA, IPSC, SASS or such and get a straight answer. That, my friends, is truly priceless.

The Diversity of the members. You name the shooting discipline, and there's likely someone here that knows it. I have had very narrow competition interests in the past, and it's nice to know there's someone I can ask about IDPA, IPSC, SASS or such and get a straight answer. That, my friends, is truly priceless.

Back
Top Bottom