Holy Crap???!!!

Yeah like all of you guys wouldn't be buying the best, newest and coolest stuff if you could. I can only imagine what kind of things would be in the NES police dept. if we were ever to create the Town of NES.[smile]

My main point in taking an antagonist position in this thread is to drive home the point that no firearm, or other piece of equipment, makes a police department "bad" anymore than a NFA item makes one of us "bad." That's a distinction that I don't see many people getting.
No argument there - but WHY does that sherriff feel the need for so much firepower? What's he expecting, and why isn't he calling for military support if there's a need for that?

How's he planning for paying for maintenance, training for the users, and practice ammo?
My point, even when quoted and lumped in with a response to Dench, remains unchanged. An organization established by citizens to police citizens has no need for an automatic .50 caliber machine gun. It goes against the very principles of the organization. Their job is to deliver warrants and bring criminals to the judicial system, not gun them down with superior firepower.
And before you go saying that you or I have no NEED for something, let me point out that we don't have to have a "need" - we're free citizens, purchasing what we want to purchase. The Sherriff's Dept was specifically created to keep the peace... so what they purchase DOES have to be "needed". If there's no need... they shouldn't be purchasing it.
Yeah like all of you guys wouldn't be buying the best, newest and coolest stuff if you could. I can only imagine what kind of things would be in the NES police dept. if we were ever to create the Town of NES.[smile]
What NES police dept? I don't know about you, buddy, but if I create an NEStown, there won't be a police dept - citizen militia all the way. Neighborhood watch. Whatever you want to call it when the citizens handle things themselves.

What NES police dept? I don't know about you, buddy, but if I create an NEStown, there won't be a police dept - citizen militia all the way. Neighborhood watch. Whatever you want to call it when the citizens handle things themselves.

Yeah but we need police credentials to buy all the really cool stuff.

trainwreck.jpeg

Unless there is something going on down there that we do not know about,I would say that an armored vehicle with a 50 cal is rediculous for Police use.Maybe down Bolivia way with the drug lords?

What no masks! Someone will know who they are. Oh wait, there's only five. Someone will probably figure it out anyway.

LOL - wonder if the dude up front knows Gomer has what looks to be a carbon-15 pointed at his head...[shocked] And dig those Leapers Tacticool Vests - doesn't look like much in the pouches - the citizens of Podunkville can rest easy...

arpistols.jpg

No argument there - but WHY does that sherriff feel the need for so much firepower? What's he expecting, and why isn't he calling for military support if there's a need for that?

How's he planning for paying for maintenance, training for the users, and practice ammo?

After 9/11, DHS created massive grant programs. Creative writing gets most of those toys for a ton of PDs/Sheriffs Depts/etc. So the US Gov gives them the toys.

Most departments don't have funds for proper training and maintenance and so once the glow wears off most of the toys sit unused and the officers aren't adequately trained with them (assuming there is a legit need for the toy in the first place).

the citizens of Podunkville can rest easy...

arpistols.jpg
I'm not so sure, Mark... look at the sign behind their heads. I hadn't noticed it before, but it looks like it says "Town of Tazew"-something. Wonder if they carry Tazers... [laugh]

Ya just can't make this sh*t up...

Somebody's wife picked out the uniform color. Or maybe they had some fabric left over from the Church Christmas Pageant.

Those guy look like major league stooges.

Dear Town of Tazewell Police Department:

Your muzzle control is f@cking fabulous.

Sincerely,

RD

+1 to that...

Wonder how the guys in the front row felt about that after they saw the photo??? A tad worse than the old "bunny ear" joke...

I'm not so sure, Mark... look at the sign behind their heads. I hadn't noticed it before, but it looks like it says "Town of Tazew"-something. Wonder if they carry Tazers... [laugh]

Ya just can't make this sh*t up...

Bloody hell! If I were one of the two guys in the front row, I'd be pissed as hell with the guys pointing rifles and my head. What idiots!

Man, I'm late to this party. How did I miss it? Anyway, this seems like Sheriff Lott's style. I go to see his antics while going to school in Columbia. Sheriff Lott was under criticism for purchasing a whole bunch of muscle cars (don't remember which one specifically) for use by the sheriff's department. I see Lott has been upping his game wasting more money on stuff he doesn't need.

There is no legitimate peacetime use for an M2 in this country for law enforcement. It would be like killing a fly sitting on a china plate with a hammer.

Back
Top Bottom