Hoodie Pocket Carry

Until the velcro gets full of crap or ruined with the washes.

But it could probably work.

Still won't solve the problem of pulling the hoodie up with the gun, since the hoodie is not rigid. He would need two hands, one to hold the hoodie and one to draw the gun.
That’s his problem, we can only offer ideas to make it not as bad and useless as it originally sounds.

So, depending on your skill level with a needle, you could cut 2 access slits into the pocket of the hoodie to allow a belly band to travel through the inside of the pocket. It would support the weight of the pistol and holster while allowing the hoodie to still move naturally. If you go this route, I would recommend buying a hoodie specifically for this purpose.

Wow.

These are an awful lot of complicated (though brilliant!) ways to do a mediocre job carrying in a pocket way too small and loose for a gun.

You should pick the right tool for every job. And that includes jackets. If you need a jacket that can carry a gun safely and concealably, then choose a more appropriate jacket.

Wow.

These are an awful lot of complicated (though brilliant!) ways to do a mediocre job carrying in a pocket way too small and loose for a gun.

You should pick the right tool for every job. And that includes jackets. If you need a jacket that can carry a gun safely and concealably, then choose a more appropriate jacket.
This is the answer. I will get a proper jacket or find a pocket holster that works with the scrub pockets. Thank you everyone.

What type of hoodie? You said zip up, but those pockets seem too small on the ones I have.

I do carry in a pullover hoodie with a big kangaroo pocket in the front. It's secure enough in my simple Uncle Mike's pocket holster. However, the weight of the gun sags quite a bit and the gun prints noticeably. It may as well be open carry.

Damn, I should have stayed out of this thread. Now you guys have me looking at these Enigma thingies. I don’t need another holster… but now I want one…

Damn, I should have stayed out of this thread. Now you guys have me looking at these Enigma thingies. I don’t need another holster… but now I want one…

Same here. I had never heard of them before and now I want one

Keep seeing this thread bump and just shake my head every damn time. Yes, let's pick the loosest, most unsecured pocket of any type of clothing. JFC...

That said, as a gag gift my kids did give me a hoodie with a velcro closure beer koozie in the pocket. It would fit a LCR or similar. Probably not a G43. I can check the brand if interested. The perfect match for your Crocs and cargo shorts office attire.

I checked the website and I'm not seeing anything special about this. It looks like a belt you wear under your pants / shorts. It says it's for appendix carry, but I don't see why you can't cut off the nut tether and rotate the belt to wherever you want it. I'm not liking it - will probably just stick with pocket carry in the summer.

I checked the website and I'm not seeing anything special about this. It looks like a belt you wear under your pants / shorts. It says it's for appendix carry, but I don't see why you can't cut off the nut tether and rotate the belt to wherever you want it. I'm not liking it - will probably just stick with pocket carry in the summer.
The special part is that it allows you to locate the holster with respect to your body, not with respect to your pants. For IWB holsters connected to your pants, often they result in placing the holster in a location that is not optimal for concealment based on the shape of your body. Enigma gives you the flexibility to locate the holster where you need it for best concealment.

Sometimes even good gear is made better by the user.
Started out as a Tactipac for a Sig P220. I needed "protection" for the love handle and the hip bone. I had a local cobbler add some leather to the top and bottom.
This is the answer. I will get a proper jacket or find a pocket holster that works with the scrub pockets. Thank you everyone.
Duluth Trading Co. If you are right-handed, there is an outer chest pocket with a zipper. A small pistol in a holster fits inside nicely.
If left-handed, there are two floppy pockets inside at the bottom (one right; one left). They will move/swing, but have a horizontal top opening, so you could drop something in there.

Attachments

• Carry2.jpg
    Carry2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • Carry3.jpg
    Carry3.jpg
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Carr;y1.jpg
    Carr;y1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
I'm a big Vedder guy, most of my IWB holsters are Vedder, but for pocket I like Alabama Pocket Holsters better. I had a Vedder and the base wasn't wide enough and the gun would not stay upright very well. It also has a thumb break and the hook catches much better on the pants when you draw than the Vedder.

Alabama also has a Cargo Pocket Holster which has an even wider base so it stays upright in larger pockets. They have a back pocket holster and deep cover pocket holster as well as pocket mag holders.

Here's a pic of a BG in the Alabama Pocket one. The website pics for the PH don't show the true proportions, the bend makes it looks like the base is much shorter than it actually is.

View attachment 721447 View attachment 721448

I've yet to try a pocket holster (my smallest is a Shield, and I usually have a +2 basepad) so it's good to know the Alabama is better if I ever want to get one.
My $0.02 - there is a long lead time for the Alabama so I got the Vedder pocket locker instead. Carry a P365 in it daily without any complaints.

The only thing I can think of atm is to have a tailor sew some Velcro panels on each side of your pocket and the matching ends to each side of a soft holster and mount it inside the pocket that way.
I tried that with a jacket pocket once. Didn't work all that well with a revolver but might be better with a flat semi-auto since you can fit more velcro against it.

I would not risk an unintentional "drop" from hoodie pockets. At least ime with hoodies they tend to have spacious but more of a horizontal pocket design . Possibly old skool ankle carry ?

I only ever carried guns in pullover hoodies that have a gutter pocket inside. Gutter makes it so stuff doesn't fall out.

My $0.02 - there is a long lead time for the Alabama so I got the Vedder pocket locker instead. Carry a P365 in it daily without any complaints.

I tried that with a jacket pocket once. Didn't work all that well with a revolver but might be better with a flat semi-auto since you can fit more velcro against it.

Yeah, Alabama lead time is long. Worth the wait IMO. I had the Vedder and it just wouldn't stay upright in larger jacket/cargo type pockets.

Yeah, Alabama lead time is long. Worth the wait IMO. I had the Vedder and it just wouldn't stay upright in larger jacket/cargo type pockets.
Mika makes a good pocket holster. Not pretty, but it works very well for a PM9 in my pants pocket. I don’t think it would work in a hoody pocket, however.

Back
Top Bottom