• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hope you Mass. gunowners.............

can rid yourself of Reilly. It could start at the Democratic Convention today. It's only the first step, but eliminating him from being on the ballot for Governor would be the "first nail in his coffin". As for a Republican(and gun enthusiast)running for Attorney General, I think the fix is much more complicated. The entire mentality of the citizens of Mass. has to change before the gun laws can. They have been brainwashed by the likes of Kennedy, Kerry, and Reilly for so long with their "guns kill" and the answer to crime is "tougher gun laws", that people believe it. They don't consider that violent crime is worse now than it has ever been and the police are incapable of controlling it. The answer is to make firearms more accessible to law-abiding citizens so that they can protect themselves and their loved ones. Hell, up here in New Hampshire many gun owners want to see a new Governor because he vetoed the deadly force outside the home law. The law as it stands now is not that bad. Before deadly force is used one has to retreat only if it can be done in "complete safety".

"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory."-----Jeff Cooper

We got to change more than just the A.G. We have to change the voting public and the Democratic control and leadership on Beacon Hill. And that not going to happened anytime soon.

THe only way that would happen would be if half the MA population moved out of state, and I don't want all those liberals up here [grin]. Maybe we need a fence at the (state) border [smile]

All the independents need to vote. They need to vote in the Democratic Primaries for the people they feel the the Republicans can beat. If you want Riley out, Vite against him in the Primaries. You can re-declare as independent on the way out.

Bitching on forums never accomplishes anything except expelling hot air. GET OUT AND VOTE be selfish and mean. Get the people out that need to take a hike.

It is also about time you Framingham/ Natick people got rid of that Hypocrite D Linsky. I knew him a long time ago and he sure has changed. He needs to crawl back under a rock.

Regards,

MarkM said:
THe only way that would happen would be if half the MA population moved out of state, and I don't want all those liberals up here [grin]. Maybe we need a fence at the (state) border [smile]

It's already happened to an extent. Look what got voted in for Governor in NH.

Couldn't agree more that the problem is the mindset of the MA population, B. Bill. Change the mindset and those in office will get changed. IMO, it would seem that, to help change that mindset, our side needs to be in the media much, much, much more than it is. And IMO, that means GOAL and the NRA pounding the press. It means multiple Letters To The Editor from every pro-RKBA member. It means getting the media out to cover competitions and re-enactments (maybe even landing a dedicated spot in the sports section - auto racing has accomplished this in only the past few years). It means getting some of the gun clubs and stores to reach out to their neighborhoods and involve themselves in the kinds of civil activities that will catch the eye of the sheeple, if not the media. It means that every time we help a little old lady cross the street, we hand out a business card with an NRA or GOAL logo on it demonstrating that, as gun owners, we are pro-people. Maybe we need our own "It's For The Children" campaign.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

MarkM said:

Yeah their passport should be an NRA or GOAL membership!! all others would be turned away at the boarder!!!! [laugh2]

It's easy - for the primary - change your designation to "D". Vote for Mr. Patrick (he's so flipping left wing, he won't win), then, after the primary, change back. [smile]

Lynne said:
It's easy - for the primary - change your designation to "D". Vote for Mr. Patrick (he's so flipping left wing, he won't win), then, after the primary, change back. [smile]
I've been known to vote for the side I DON'T want to win before... to make sure that the candidate that runs is the one I think can't win.

And then change my affiliation right back again to INDEPENDENT. I'm not a sheep to vote on party lines...

I honestly don't know who to vote for at this point...

Will Mihos be a real threat to Healy? If so, neither will be elected and I'll probably vote for Gabrielli in the primary (Gabrielli: he can't be any worse than Patrick or Reilly, right....right?)
If it looks like the right's vote won't be split, well, then I'll probably vote for the most demoralizing Democratic candidate--which looks like Reilly at this point. He's shaping up to be sort of a small-time version of Kerry.

There are terrible choices all around, really. Since I'm edging out the door at this point, I almost don't care if MA gets a Democratic governor. It's almost better to let the whole state go Dem than to let the ridiculous legislature continue to blame everything on the one Republican in public office.

It is a real shame that the politicians in the "cradle of liberty" have such ridiculous views on firearms. The very state where the average homeowner took up arms and formed a militia to fight for freedom in the Revolutionary War against England. You'd think a valuable lesson would have been learned from the blood of our original Patriots. I just don't believe they have an answer to the violence problem and they're in panic mode.

Buffalo Bill said:
It is a real shame that the politicians in the "cradle of liberty" have such ridiculous views on firearms. The very state where the average homeowner took up arms and formed a militia to fight for freedom in the Revolutionary War against England. You'd think a valuable lesson would have been learned from the blood of our original Patriots. I just don't believe they have an answer to the violence problem and they're in panic mode.
Absolutely a shame. Now, what should we do about it? The Demoncrats are done with their convening, where asshat Kennedy declared "open season on elephants," and have put gabby, patty, and thomasina on the September ballot. I plan to vote in that primary, but my vote would mean a whole lot more if a whole lot more were voting my way. Which "way" that is will be determined by the game plan put forth on this here site, right here. And, personally, I think that those of us in MA need to start, right now, persuading our friends, enemies, and the little old ladies whom we help cross the street to vote for the candidate of our choice.

Open season on elephants, eh? It's time to declare war on jackasses!!!

Regarding a republican AG, Larry Frisoli is running for the seat.

He's an energizing guy with a history of going after NAMBLA, among other things.

Any one in central Mass that would like to meet him is welcome to come to Winchendon in July. You'll get a bowl of chili out of the deal too!!

Matt
More info: http://www.larryfrisoli.com/index.html

An avid outdoor person Larry Frisoli’s hobbies include hunting (bow shotgun and black powder), fishing (fly and bait cast), and photographing wildlife on his Royalston, Massachusetts property. Each year Larry Frisoli plants acres of clover and oats and fertilizes apple and oak trees and maintains a supplemental winter feeding program so that the deer, turkey and other animals do not starve. For decades Larry Frisoli has been a member of the Woburn Sportsman Association, Gun Owners Action League and National Rifle Association.

EDIT: I see know that I've been beaten to the punch... I just now saw the sticky on him...

Last edited:
Fooped said:
Matt,

When and where (more specifically) is the event? I would very much like to attend.

Thanks!

It will be at the Mason's hall in Winchendon (unless we get indication of a large turn out). The date is not yet firmed up, but will be in July. When I get the date, I'll put it up.

matt

Back
Top Bottom