Hopkinton (MA) Deputy Chief charged with child rape as resource officer

That TBL is thick in the comments section.

This girl had to carry this event for twenty years until the truth came out. When this occurred she has a high school student while Jay was a 36 yo married man who had stayed very local and very involved with police work his entire life. He was not your typical pedophile. Not to mention Hopkinton is having serious leadership problems right now and this is totally crushing news.
May God have mercy on him. This is such a painful article to read having worked with Jay in the past.

Are we talking "Rape, Rape" or statutory rape here?

If it was rape, rape - I hope he eats his gun.

How did this happen 3x?

Keep in mind the age of consent in Massachusetts is only 16.

She was 15.

Don't blame me, I don't make the laws.

Linksy wanted to legalize goat sex, so don't be so shocked.

For people who abuse kids, it's just a matter of time before they feel safe enough to report it.

I don’t have any sympathy if it was statutory rape either. He used his powerful position to take advantage of a child. If he is convicted I hope they send him to gen pop.

I don’t have any sympathy if it was statutory rape either. He used his powerful position to take advantage of a child. If he is convicted I hope they send him to gen pop.
I agree but there are often these odd cases...

The gym teacher at my school married one of his students. I don't know the details of her age when things started out but it was not rape, rape. There was only a 5 year age difference so she may have been 18 when it all began.

In town here, a coach had sex with a player. It was not rape, rape - but still disgraceful.

I think both sorts of sex with minors is awful but brutal violent rape is exponentially worse.

I also think both kinds end up really damaging kids for life.

I heard an interview with a fentanyl user today. She said that using fentanyl is the only thing she has to feel better from the horrific abuse she endured as a child. How sad is that and I think so much substance abuse is the result of sexual abuse.

I do think rape, rape deserved the death penalty in all cases but I don't think statutory rape warrants the death penalty.

If the cop who did this reads this - and he used force on this girl or threats or coercion - he needs to end his life for the betterment of society.

Hopkinton has been having a real, tax costing, police and leadership problem for the past few years. There is a longer thread here, somewhere, about these issues.

News Briefs: Pair of officers drop appeals vs. town, police chief​

by HOPKINTON INDEPENDENT| AUG 7, 2019|
Pair of officers drop appeals vs. town, police chief
Two of the three Hopkinton police officers who sued the town and Police Chief Edward Lee after Lee suspended their licenses to carry guns had their cases dismissed at their request while town officials worked on resolving the issue via settlements.

While Peter Booth and Linda Higgins filed motions to dismiss their cases, John Moran still had a hearing scheduled for Oct. 24 in Framingham District Court.

The three officers have been on leave since being injured on duty on July 24, 2017. The town did not release the cause of the officers’ injuries.

The officers filed a collective bargaining grievance seeking proper injury pay under state law on Dec. 12, 2017,

Two days later, Lee sent letters to the officers indicating they needed to turn in all licenses, guns and ammunition to their local police station.

“You are no longer deemed suitable as a result of post-traumatic stress related to injuries incurred while on duty,” Lee wrote in the letters.

The officers filed appeals in February through attorney Kathleen Reagan, accusing Lee of retaliating against them and seeking to reinstate their licenses to carry with our restriction. Hearings were rescheduled multiple times before Higgins filed a motion to drop her case on June 13 and Booth did the same on July 17, waiving their rights to trial or appeal.

In this day & age the "child" sometimes actively tries to seduce the adult and not always the adult using their powerful position to take advantage, however the adult needs to act like the adult and not engage. And sometimes when the adult refuses they get accused by the scorned child too. If I'm a male in any capacity that deals w/ female students, I'd do everything I can to never be one on one with the student. Same for female employees. Not always practical, I know.

<Edit> I'm not saying that is the case here, I haven't read the article.

Last edited:
In this day & age the "child" sometimes actively tries to seduce the adult and not always the adult using their powerful position to take advantage, however the adult needs to act like the adult and not engage. And sometimes when the adult refuses they get accused by the scorned child too. If I'm a male in any capacity that deals w/ female students, I'd do everything I can to never be one on one with the student. Same for female employees. Not always practical, I know.

<Edit> I'm not saying that is the case here, I haven't read the article.
The key to surviving that situation is to never get personal with the kids and co-workers.

If you keep that wall up - they will likely never try to manipulate and test you.

If they do, document everything and create a paper trail.

One of my co workers was interviewed for this. He was like umm I just work in hopkington. They ignored him.

So much for the man on the street.

To even suggest there is a difference is to be unwoke, and probably against current journalistic style guides. You will never read a headline "Former official porks female 6 months shy of the age of consent" - it is always "rape" without any qualifiers as to the type of rape.

And he won't eat his gun since he was disarmed just like a commoner would be.

He'll suck start his service weapon before he does time.
he was stripped of his badge and service weapon when he was put on administrative leave.

I thought I read they also took his personal weapons for "safe keeping"

He has not been arrested and arraigned yet.

In MA you can bet any bail conditions will involve no alcohol, no drugs, no guns.

which is why you always have a inherited gun or some other P80 type gun put away in a safe place for a rainy day

But trying to get 20 year old accusations to stick without DNA or supporting witnesses is going to be a hard case to prove.

I'm waiting for another woman to come forward with another claim, where there is smoke there is fire.

Now if he does make it to trial, and he is convicted, will the Middlesex Retirement Board revoke his pension as it was job related?

Back
Top Bottom