Hopkinton Sportsmen's Association Semi-offical thread

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hi,
Highly interested in this club. I was a member of the Southborough Rod and Gun club last year. From what I have seen online and spoke to one club member in passing, This is the club I would love to join. The only issue is that I am a new resident to the area and I do not have anyone for a sponsor. Is there anyone I could reach out for sponsorship?

SJan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Visit the club during a public event like trap and skeet on Sundays, talk to people, make friends. Check the club's calendar for other open events

Whutmeworry

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NOT 1600 Pennsylvannia Avenue anymore!!!!
Hi,
Highly interested in this club. I was a member of the Southborough Rod and Gun club last year. From what I have seen online and spoke to one club member in passing, This is the club I would love to join. The only issue is that I am a new resident to the area and I do not have anyone for a sponsor. Is there anyone I could reach out for sponsorship?
I'm a member of HSA. I joined back in 2014 and at that time sponsorship was not required for new memberships. I didn't realize the policy had changed. PM me when you get the chance if you still need a sponsor.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I stopped by here over the winter, met Bob and he gave me permission to check the ranges out. I'd love to become a member here but need a sponsor and figured I'd look here first rather than going there to meet someone during an event.

Editor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hey all! I stopped by here over the winter, met Bob and he gave me permission to check the ranges out. I'd love to become a member here but need a sponsor and figured I'd look here first rather than going there to meet someone during an event.
Personally, I suggest you in fact do make effort to meet people during an event. Sponsoring someone means vouching for them; and that cannot be done with integrity without knowing the person at least to some degree.

ILikeGlocks

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you are into handguns & interested in getting involved in USPSA & contributing to the program, your best bet is to come to our open wednesday night practices (5:30PM), if you are more into shotgun sports, we have open Skeet & Trap (check the website for schedule).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are into handguns & interested in getting involved in USPSA & contributing to the program, your best bet is to come to our open wednesday night practices (5:30PM), if you are more into shotgun sports, we have open Skeet & Trap (check the website for schedule).
I'll see if I can make it down sometime then. Are members usually receptive to new people interested in joining? I just don't want to be a nuisance by just showing up while people are trying to practice.

ILikeGlocks

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'll see if I can make it down sometime then. Are members usually receptive to new people interested in joining? I just don't want to be a nuisance by just showing up while people are trying to practice.
Yes, but keep in mind that we only have 2 sponsorships per year & often have them promised out to close friends. You will have a better chance of finding a sponsor if you commit to helping with the USPSA program (e.g. help with set up and attend matches).

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Don't worry about just showing up. Unless there's a major match coming up, practice is largely pretty casual.

Just don't expect an offer of sponsorship the first time you come. Like Editor and ILikeGlocks said, we only have two sponsorships a year and making the referral, if it turns out poorly, reflects badly on us.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry about just showing up. Unless there's a major match coming up, practice is largely pretty casual.

Just don't expect an offer of sponsorship the first time you come. Like Editor and ILikeGlocks said, we only have two sponsorships a year and making the referral, if it turns out poorly, reflects badly on us.
I get what you guys are saying. Thanks for all the insight. I'm gonna try to get to one of the next USPSA practices to meet people and I'll try to help out as much as I can given my odd work schedule. I'll do whatever it takes.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How do I pay HSA dues electronically?
At the moment, you don't. Renewals just went out (I think I got mine Friday) listing dues owed for the year. Simply bring or mail a check to the club.

B.O.D. meeting on 12/2 and General meeting on 12/9. Meetings begin at 7:30 PM.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The reference in the bill was to persons whose banks offer bill pay services where one enters payee/amount/address and the bank dispatches a check to small operations and does electronic transfer to biggies (utilities, cell phone vendors, etc.) is has arrangements with. It does not refer to any electronic option offered by the club.

Editor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Left in pistol bay #4 ~ 2:00 p.m. this afternoon, a navy blue brass pouch containing ~ 200 pieces of .45 ACP brass. It was no longer there when I went back to retrieve it around 5:00 p.m.

To the person who picked it up for safekeeping: Thank you, and now please let me know how and where to retrieve it!

EDITED TWO DAYS LATER TO ADD: Thank you to the good citizens of HSA. The brass bag was, indeed, picked up, put in safekeeping, and returned. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

JJ4

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Somehow I got dropped from email lists. I just thought there was no communication coming out anymore. No reply to an email sent a couple weeks ago. Any suggestions or just be patient?

chris_1001

NES Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Back a few pages (in this thread) I was looking to join Hopkington, had a member reach out but had joined another club, times up and looking to switch, and I’m interested in joining Hopkington again. Anyone once they open back up to the public interested in possibly sponsoring me? I’ve been there 2x for the Wednesday plate shoots, done trap there and went to 2-3 Uspsa’s there and the all classifier event last year.

I also do idpa, 3-gun etc. So I’m far from a noob shooter. Post or PM me. Thanks.

Edited to add: also a current idpa safety officer (yeah yeah... idpa and not uspsa... yet)

joseb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This club looks great and I'm looking to join one with outdoor rifle facilities like this. Have events open to the public reopened, or in lieu of that, are there any members who would be up for giving a tour? I'm happy to reciprocate at Weston Shooters.

Last edited:

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When the club mentions "pay electronically", it is referring to the online banking services where you direct you bank to dispatch a check drawn on your account to a third party. The clubs gets the check and an indication as to whom it is from, but still needs the other information on the renewal form.

The club does not have a direct "pay here" link online. Also, the $3.00 or so per member cost to the club of using cards would cost would total to a couple of $K which could go towards club maintenance and equipment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've used one of mine and the other is already promised. If you come out to some of the shoots (pick you favorite) and meet a few people it should be possible. Just ask around at the next match. Talk to the folks handling registration as they can point out the HSA members.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm a member at HSA. Could not recommend it more.

People are very friendly, excellent shots, and usually willing to talk guns, let you shoot their stuff, show you a few tricks, etc.

I'm just getting more involved in the skeet / clays. They have an awesome range!

regards,

HarryPottar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My son was shooting at the range today (Sunday October 14th) and someone left some keys.
He left them there figuring who ever lost them would go back looking for themIMG_2344.jpegIMG_2344.jpeg

Top Bottom