• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HORA DOLOR 3-GUN INVITATIONAL!

WTF is an invitational and how do I get invited? Simple... sign up. Everyone is invited. Even you.. and you.. aaannnnd YOU.

From the dopes who brought you the Hora Dolor events. At a club that hosts a 300 yard range and the attitude "screw them, we can do it better (and we have beer)!"

We hereby announce the first (first and a half) Minuteman Armory 3-gun Invitational!

WHEN: September 25th.

WHERE: Hardwick Rod and Gun Club, 25 Thresher Rd, Hardwick, MA. Safety brief will be at 8:30. Shooting starts at 9am.

COST: $60. $50 for the shoot and $10 for the breast cancer fund raiser we are holding. If you make it $20, you get a ticket to win the gun and other goodies that are in part of the fund raiser.

PRIZES (for the 3 gun)? Yup.

First place - In honor of Furor Healey - a Glock 19. Yeah, a real life, freaking Glock. Not a model, not a toy, not paper mache replica. Not the words GLOCK made of metal and plastic. A genuine pew pew. It's a preban Gen2.. but.. uhh.. when is the last time you got the opportunity to have a bitchin time shooting and, maybe, win a gun!?

Second place - Also in honor of the Commandant Healey - an 80% lower. ARs are scary and dangerous, but this fine paperweight (and future death machine) couldn't hurt a fly... or could it.

Second to last place - you get a bunch of ammo. Clearly you suck and this will help you suck less. We hope.

Shooting will begin PROMPTLY at 9:00am. Safety brief will be at 8:30 and you can enjoy the course before that for as long as you so see fit.

Round count? Tons. You are going to a gun club.. to shoot guns.. BE PREPARED FOR THAT KIND OF STUFF.

You'll need a pistol, It should be 9mm or larger. A rifle, centerfire. And a shotgun.

This is a run what you brung event. If you have a revolver and a Sears pump action and a sweeeeeeeeet Mini-13 (it's a Mini-14 that your grandfather left out in the barn one time to many). You'll be fine. If you have an STI DVC with a laser and Leupond VX-3 Handgun scope.... uhh.. I mean..cool.. rock and roll.. weirdo. If you are missing certain equipment odds are high that if you come.. someone will let you use their equipment if your Mini-13 becomes a Mini-12. People with guns are cool despite what the news media tells you.

The course of fire will be on the MMA webpage in a day or so (but we'll summarize in a moment).

HOLY CRAP MINUTEMAN, THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!! HOW DO I SIGN UP?!

Come to the shop and give us your crispiest $50 bill and a haggard $10.. or 2 $20s and a $10 and a pair of 5s. no more than (4) 5s shall be accepted. No ones, Alex dances for ones at work, but that's a different job.. No coins. Not even dollar coins!

ENTRY IS LIMITED TO 25. TWENTY FIVE. Not twenty six and most certainaly not 27. 28 is right out.

If you're some weird ass out of stater and you can't just drop by.. call us and we'll make it work for you. 978-632-4222

The club will have lunch food available! And for when you are DONE SHOOTING.. they will have beer and the like available. They have a liquor license, but I promise you, we will be STRICT about the once boozy.. no shooty rules!!

Last edited:
Though this is a run-n-gun.. running will be minimal at this event.

Roughly your equipment requirements:

A pistol, a rifle and a shotty. Loaner equipment is available if you are in a pinch.

You only need to bring holster for you pistol.
Mag pouches are a good idea.. but not mandatory.

Pistol info:

You will need a minimum of 2 magazines - your first will be loaded to 10 rounds. The second and subsequent.. as many rounds as you can stuff into whatever gun you wanna run. You do not have a magazine limit.. as many as you can carry. You don't need to actually carry them.

Rifle:
First mag, 10 rounds. Subsequent, as many as you can stuff into your preban Magpul magazine. No limit on how many you carry, again, you don't need to carry them.

Shotgun: pump or semi, whatever. Run what you got. You WILL need to reload, so some way to carry a couple shells will do you well. Plus you'll probably miss.

Joe and Morgan -- delighted to see you guys back in the "event promotion" business (business is not the right word, I know, but let it stand).

Team Squiggly (TM) very much regrets not being able to make this one due to a previous commitment to ride the shit out of the Blue Ridge Mountains on rented motorbikes, but ... we've got our eyes on you (obviously) and look forward to the next one.

All you lucky buckers who are able to make this... we envy you. Have fun and stay safe.

Would love to make this one, so I could reclaim my honor after my last (honorary) last place, but that weekend is both my son's birthday and my anniversary.

Hopefully there will be another, once the snow is deep on the ground...

Wish these were closer. I ran in one of them a few years back and it was great, but the cost of attending plus the cost of getting out there from the Cape is too much for me right now. Did I completely miss a different thread where this was posted as a feeler? I could certainly make it to the next one if I had a little time to throw $100 aside for it.

I will say though that I competed in my first ever IDPA match today and man, was that FUN!!! That was 15 bucks and only a 20 minute drive. Now I have to get one of those vests I never really had any practical use for.

Wish these were closer. I ran in one of them a few years back and it was great, but the cost of attending plus the cost of getting out there from the Cape is too much for me right now. Did I completely miss a different thread where this was posted as a feeler? I could certainly make it to the next one if I had a little time to throw $100 aside for it.

I will say though that I competed in my first ever IDPA match today and man, was that FUN!!! That was 15 bucks and only a 20 minute drive. Now I have to get one of those vests I never really had any practical use for.

I just use a loose button up haha, I refuse to buy a shoot-me-first vest.

I'm guessing you did CDP? I shot my match on Sat in CDP -- normally I use a G34 in SSP. I miss having 10 rounds, and my 1911 reloads are sloooow compared to the Glock.

Glad to see Hora Dolor making a comeback. I'm going to be at NASCAR, otherwise I'd be so down for this [sad]

I just use a loose button up haha, I refuse to buy a shoot-me-first vest.

I'm guessing you did CDP? I shot my match on Sat in CDP -- normally I use a G34 in SSP. I miss having 10 rounds, and my 1911 reloads are sloooow compared to the Glock.

I never wanted to wear one of those vests. But if it works well for just these competitions, I'll get a cheap one I guess. I won't be out in public with one.

I still haven't become an IDPA member. I just "shot along" I guess you'd say. I did ok for my first time I think. 8th place out of 36 shooters. Honestly the closest thing to that style of pistol competition I ever did was at the last Hora Dolor I ran in. (Townsend Fish and Game I think it was) Even though that was a bit more of an obstacle course than an IDPA match.
HD.jpg

What screwed me a few times were the "procedurals". I need to work on when/where you can/can't reload. On one of my first runs I dropped a mag with one round still in it while crossing an open area to the next cover and someone was like "You can't do that man!" Hahaha. I learned the rules as I went along.

uhh.. when is the last time you got the opportunity to have a bitchin time shooting and, maybe, win a gun!?

So I had a bitchin time shooting, and won a gun [smile]

This was a well run event with a great group of guys at a very nice club.

Last edited by a moderator:
What screwed me a few times were the "procedurals". I need to work on when/where you can/can't reload. On one of my first runs I dropped a mag with one round still in it while crossing an open area to the next cover and someone was like "You can't do that man!" Hahaha. I learned the rules as I went along.

I was told when I first started to shoot IDPA that "you'll learn the rules 3 seconds at a time." [wink]

Last edited:
Don't worry ladies.. the next one will be more Hora Dolor and less "typical" 3-gun.

You have to bear with us a little. We did a LOT of trial runs before the HD events went off. New club, new layout and we have to figure it out slowly.

The only thing we promise no matter what.. is you will have fun.. every.. damn.. time.

If you're not getting your monies worth when we operate a shoot, you're the problem! ;)

First place - In honor of Furor Healey - a Glock 19. Yeah, a real life, freaking Glock. Not a model, not a toy, not paper mache replica. Not the words GLOCK made of metal and plastic. A genuine pew pew. It's a preban Gen2.. but.. uhh.. when is the last time you got the opportunity to have a bitchin time shooting and, maybe, win a gun!?

They were not kidding. Here is the prize gun. Thanks again to Minutemen Armory

Back
Top Bottom