• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HORA DOLOR information request

Hey all to have participated in, would like to participate or just want to make a comment about how Atilla is a questionable gay but has a super nice and really pretty girlfriend.

Joe and I are tossing the idea out about the next Hora Dolor being a sort of 3 stage 3-gun. Where instead of a long run followed by a shoot or a "thing" we'll set up like a 3-gun match where everyone is hanging out behind a stage and they you do the stage and then we move on to the next stage.

There will still be running, still be gunning (possibly MORE gunning) and still be stupid amounts of fun. But in this stage it will be a full blown no screwing around sprint.

The benefits I see are this:
1) No possibility of teams "stacking".
2) Minimal RO help required
3) Faster game play
4) If you want to screw around and be non-competitive you won't run the risk of hurting someone else's run (we encourage screwing around and having fun!)
5) everyone can watch everyone else fail.. err.. be awesomely mediocre.

Downsides:
1) All teams will be outside the whole time (we can set a car on fire or something if it is cold).
2) We continue to wander from the original intent of the Hora Dolor (a marathon style beat down).

So players.. what say you?

That was the only downside of the previous setup... The bumping into another team. I like the idea of stages, and watching everyone else shoot as bad as me.

ambiguously-gay-duo.jpg

Me and atilla

My partner is in vet school in Caribbean [sad]

I'm so in though. Can this be on a Sunday? What month were you guys thinking? (if you've already thought about it)

I think it would expedite things if there were multiple stages running at once.

Transitioning the people could be done two ways :
1 - Entire group transitions stage to stage as everyone in the group finishes
2 - Start people on each of the stages, as the people finish, they move over to the next stage. As long as each stage is similar in duration, it should keep a steady flow of people moving between stages instead of standing around and waiting for everyone.

I'd be concerned about having 25-50 people all standing around watching everyone do the stage and getting incredibly bored.

JCV: wasn't it on a Sunday last time(s)? I think it will be again anyway because Joe is working until the weeeee hours of Saturday mornings now.

Noxin: 1, 2 and unnumbered #3: Yup. Though I am thinking that if we break everyone into 3 sets on 2/3 ranges this should reduce downtime. Though it's not really any different than when you have to wait for your turn when running serially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Bj-7b0rC4

Don't worry kids.. this isn't an "in or out" post. We're just working on planning the next event.

We don't know when. We don't know where. We don't honestly know that we WILL.

We need to make the event as simple/planned as possible. We'll worry about invitations later. ;)

I liked on the last one i did that we were able share guns with our partners. I own a trap gun, my friend owns a sd shotgun. Would be nice to share again so we dont have to go shopping or borrow a strangers.

Im also a little unclear on what you mean by a sprint then a 3 gun stage. No running between shooting? If you run then do all the shooting you will be rested by the last couple shoots right?

I liked on the last one i did that we were able share guns with our partners. I own a trap gun, my friend owns a sd shotgun. Would be nice to share again so we dont have to go shopping or borrow a strangers. Im also a little unclear on what you mean by a sprint then a 3 gun stage. No running between shooting? If you run then do all the shooting you will be rested by the last couple shoots right?

The last two events were setup in a way that sharing firearms was completely possible.

How about something for us old geezers? Or people that have disabilities or people that are just fat and out of shape? I probably qualify for all of those. These HD's seem to be for young fit people only, and exclude 70% of the shooting public.

I've got mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, I like shooting. On the other hand, this event isn't just about shooting (to me at least). I get that you guys put in a ton of work to make this thing happen, and you have to overcome a bunch of issues on the fly during the event. You guys are underestimating the "we" factor. You've done this 3 times now. Every time you've made some format changes to make it run smoother than the previous version. The problem is that every time you change stuff, we find a way to f*** it up. We're going to do it again this time. We aren't trying to, it just happens. On the upside, we usually have the kinks worked out by the second or third running of the course that day.With that in mind, do you want to depart further from the intention of the event? If people are holding the works up because they can't run, group those people together and run the groups accordingly. I think people who are going to walk it will probably know ahead of time. Just ask people when they sign up what their basic athletic capabilities are, then group the teams based on that.

How about something for us old geezers? Or people that have disabilities or people that are just fat and out of shape? I probably qualify for all of those. These HD's seem to be for young fit people only, and exclude 70% of the shooting public.

Dont sell yourself short, 2 years ago my friend and i won it, we were 38 and beat the pants off the young skinny 20 somethings in 2nd place. We shot a lot better and ended up having more endurance. The worst part was we were the last team to run the first stage, we got back and just sat down with our food for lunch and told us because of our quick time we were running first in 2nd stage. I didnt eat half my lunch for fear of puking and had to go reload all the ammo.

Back
Top Bottom