HORA DOLOR: Winter Failings. Feb 24th. Information within!

Our one major fail was not running fast enough [laugh]

Other than that, we did pretty well. Only other thing i'd change is actually having enough mags for a pistol that I could have done my 2x6 and a couple full ones.....and not used my SW m36

dibs on prize. sorry, guys. calling it here and now. [laugh]

i just failed all over. morgan has the atilla fail compilation on tape... so basically my e-peen is ruined once he edits and posts it. there's me sliding, tripping, cursing, proclaiming my love for elizabeth warren, and me ****ing up my knee, probably where i am being dragged through the snow/mud on my stomach or back and generally having a good time. a regular lazy sunday.

I'll have the results up in a couple minutes.

Beastly: Yeah, sucked that you had to jam. I came looking for you for a third run! There was a little odd man out action at the end and I hunted you guys down but recognized what happened when I sa the Jeep gone.

I'm going to generate a new post in a minute with the results, suggestions, complaints and what have you.

So today I ran a race dressed as Elmer Fudd in a foot of snow and got to shoot a bunch of shit. Then I ate lunch and did it all over again. What did you do with your Sunday?

Special thanks to Joe, Morgan, and everybody else at Townsend. You guys put on a great event. Can't wait for the next one, and really looking forward to more pics and videos.

I'll have the results up in a couple minutes.

Beastly: Yeah, sucked that you had to jam. I came looking for you for a third run! There was a little odd man out action at the end and I hunted you guys down but recognized what happened when I sa the Jeep gone.

I'm going to generate a new post in a minute with the results, suggestions, complaints and what have you.

post moar.

One of my near faceplants

734626_4681989454154_475207470_n.jpg

dibs on prize. sorry, guys. calling it here and now. [laugh]

i just failed all over. morgan has the atilla fail compilation on tape... so basically my e-peen is ruined once he edits and posts it. there's me sliding, tripping, cursing, proclaiming my love for elizabeth warren, and me ****ing up my knee, probably where i am being dragged through the snow/mud on my stomach or back and generally having a good time. a regular lazy sunday.

dont forget the false start

Blood (weather related bloody nose), sweat (from doing something other than sitting on the couch, for once) and tears (of laughter for all the fun had).

Thanks to our hosts and ROs for putting this on, had a blast. Thanks to P14 for inviting me.

Stuff I learned today:

1. I am really out of shape. I was panting and wheezing after answering the question wrong and running back up the hill and back.
2. Tacticool Battle Bass works well for shotgun slugs. We were able to reach in quickly and grab slugs since it opens so wide.
3. Shooting handguns after running is way different than shooting totally relaxed. We shoot deuling trees and falling plate but always standing still. Much harder after running. I burned way more ammo than I thought I would.
4. Shooting shotgun slugs is easier than I thought. I have never shot slugs and I was terrified of having to proclaim my desire to make sweet sweet love down by the fire in Liz Warren's teepee so we had boxes and boxes of slugs in the bass.
5. I love shooting my M1. Never shot it prone before, so that was a new experience, but it did everything it was supposed to.

got beaten to the link. anyone who was there feel free to friend me on teh facebooks.

Meghan is uploading the 278 photos to her facebook right now... and done. She's still sorting and removing duplicates(thanks, facebook), but feel free to go in tagging. https://www.facebook.com/ShiverSkinwalker

EDIT: the album is public for your convenience, so go in and use the images for continued proclamations of your failings.

HUGE thanks go to Joe and Morgan and everyone who made this event a reality, you guys rock and my shoulder hates you. Next year, I'm gonna have something else to shoot. 12 gauge skeet followed by 15 rounds of .30-06 and then 5 12 gauge slugs twice in one day... My buddy Mike said he's going to get in shape for next years, he had a blast as well, and the swelling has gone down on his forehead. Hell of a blister on his hand, but he works for his fathers restaurant, so burns are nothing new to him.

I'm not going into my failings, as I think I'll exceed the character limit for this post...suffice to say that I was NOT going to profess my love for Liz Warren, as I brought enough ammo to supply two or three teams through both iterations and I still cut it closer on the slugs than I care for.

Last edited:
I tried to get at least a few pics of all the groups, I'm sure I missed a few but I did my best! ... if they're blurry, it's because I was shivering. I was sooooo cold.

oh, also, just as a heads.up, some of these will more than likely end up in my photography class portfolio. you'll be famous! haha

Last edited:
Team Wildly Inaccurate reporting in.

Looking forward to our trophy pic!

Things learned from our failure:
-Running is faster, but leads to missing. Walking is slow, but after walking, shooting is much easier.
-Trap is hard.
-Shooting handguns while out of breath and with shaking hands is hard. It's even harder if your 1911 decides it hates you, doesn't like the snow much either, and doesn't want to feed ball ammo anymore.
-Rifle, with massive targets like these, is pretty damn easy. Ditto Slug.
-Mosin Stripper clips are not the worlds most awesome loading mechanism.

I carried a gps on our second run but sadly having turned it on in the lodge before the start it didn't seem to find it's calibration until we hit the 100 yard course, the yellow dot on the map is where the track starts on the 100 yard shoot, then you can see where I had to run back to the trap range to fetch the sled.

549287_4684249150645_794209707_n.jpg

can't wait to see some of my videotaped fail.

my shoulder hurts finally today, same from my cheek--now i know why, in the pictures with the 10GA you can see the muzzle rise about a foot!

knee feels better today but i also haven't been walking around so far.

Team It's Time 2A: Midnight's Failings

1. Learned that the KSG shoots HARD! Cheek placement is directly above chamber. My right cheek is bruised and sore. Ejection port directs spent shells straight down, right where my trigger hand wrist is... Fast racking the action results in spent shells slamming into the wrist, which was very bruised and swollen.
2. Learned that if you use the bead on the trap gun, you can actually hit the clay.
3. Even with a plan, things go wrong. Jeremy and I agreed that we would run to the buckets and go right back to the range without bothering to remember the stuff in them. On round 1, we probably wasted 3-4 minutes looking at and trying to remember all the stuff.
4. I still shoot pistol horribly when I rush.
5. My tacticool drop leg dump pouch is not very user friendly for stuffing magazines into, or I need to practice with it many more times.

Thanks to Joe, Morgan, all the ROs, and the staff at Townsend R&G. This was a great time and I am looking forward to doing another one.

Also, thanks to everyone who stopped to listen to my improvised speech on It's Time 2A . Please go to this page and sign up and take action.

again, thanks for the brace, shoulda just done both knees and both ankles! [laugh]

the KSG is a great gun, would have been my second outlandish choice if someone didn't actually come up with a 10 GA for me. 10GA 3.5" magnum slug, 2.5 oz of lead. my cheek and shoulder... jesus h. christ.

again, thanks for the brace, shoulda just done both knees and both ankles! [laugh]

the KSG is a great gun, would have been my second outlandish choice if someone didn't actually come up with a 10 GA for me. 10GA 3.5" magnum slug, 2.5 oz of lead. my cheek and shoulder... jesus h. christ.

Atilla: I heard that the 10 ga. kicked so hard that your tramp stamp ended up on your chest!

Atilla: I heard that the 10 ga. kicked so hard that your tramp stamp ended up on your chest!

ZING!

That's true though.

hugs. so true.

got me a knee brace and more excederin and i am doing a bit better. knee brace works wonders, shoulda seen me gimping my stupid ass around the store. i probably will end up on people of market basket's website.

got me a knee brace and more excederin and i am doing a bit better. knee brace works wonders, shoulda seen me gimping my stupid ass around the store. i probably will end up on people of market basket's website.

Don't worry - Obamacare will save you. /sarc

Back
Top Bottom