• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HORA DOLOR: Winter Failings. Feb 24th. Information within!

There was a fair amount of live ammo found. Not just the slugs. We didn't plan on it, but it was kind of expected in hind sight.

The slugs were probably Atilla's. The are green hull Remington and say "I'm a pussy" on them. Though it's spelled "managed recoil". Weird.

I admit having a hard time calling him a pussy after the 10g incident. ;)

We didn't really forget about the picture.. but what happened was because of the snowstorm, a few teams had to bail after 1 run.

One of the teams (barakyu or something like this) was made up on the spot. One member of the original team couldn't make it and the second member I told to come and bring his stuff.. low and behold we paired the two up and they ran. They proclaimed to have had fun.

As to the loose ammo.. I am hoping we get more rain than snow tomorrow and I'll head back up and see if I can find any more loose live rounds. Hopefully I won't. I spent 10 minutes or so kicking snow.

As to the loose ammo.. I am hoping we get more rain than snow tomorrow and I'll head back up and see if I can find any more loose live rounds. Hopefully I won't. I spent 10 minutes or so kicking snow.

We were checking the rifle range pretty often and had a small collection of live ammo that was found :)

There are the pics on the rod and gun clubs page of each team, anyone on here can post the pic here and shed light on their identity.

563445_502639226449222_167116999_n.jpg

George on left , Paul on right, aka "Where's John and Ringo?"

Everyones favorite part of the event right?

[video=youtube_share;dAWFTor6kag]http://youtu.be/dAWFTor6kag[/video]

[video=youtube_share;2j6ISzq3-Jk]http://youtu.be/2j6ISzq3-Jk[/video]

I have to say I was pretty amused by the sleds! Based on watching the video above that might actually have been the fastest way to do it. It is what I had intended, but it looks like it may have also been the fastest!

It was a pain trying to keep your legs up and your back off the ground, really works the abs then factor just having pulled my teammate. Wasnt til that last stretch where i started to kind of run and pull with my feet that we got faster, joe said it made it much easier for him and helped him go faster.

did anyone see my girlfriend pulling me? i have no doubts about those stories where a mother lifts a vehicle to save a baby. she wanted to be done SO BAD she was like GET ON THE GODDAMN SLED and dragged me with seriously the force of joe and morgan combined. she was a woman on a mission and i firmly believe she could have gone clean through a brick wall if one was placed in front of her. she may never do another event again, but she proved how hardcore she really is by running this one.

did anyone see my girlfriend pulling me? i have no doubts about those stories where a mother lifts a vehicle to save a baby. she wanted to be done SO BAD she was like GET ON THE GODDAMN SLED and dragged me with seriously the force of joe and morgan combined. she was a woman on a mission and i firmly believe she could have gone clean through a brick wall if one was placed in front of her. she may never do another event again, but she proved how hardcore she really is by running this one.

+1

If anyone knows a member of Team Squiggly (Father/Son, redhead kid. Both of them way to nice and polite to be hanging out with the rest of us), if someone could either have them drop me a line or let me know one of their screen names, I'd appreciate it.

If anyone knows a member of Team Squiggly (Father/Son, redhead kid. Both of them way to nice and polite to be hanging out with the rest of us), if someone could either have them drop me a line or let me know one of their screen names, I'd appreciate it.

I think screen name was
Briank

Back
Top Bottom