• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hornady Zombie max

I bought some .308 at Cabela's recently, give them a call and see if they've got .223 on the shelf.

I picked up a box of 500 to reload from Cabelas in Hudson a while back because it was marked 50% off, haven't loaded any yet to see how it shoots.

it's a v-max projectile. devastating stuff. the zombie labeling is the same shit they call it z-max or something stupid for marketing purposes. tnoutdoors9 channel has done ballistics testing with it. would make a good SD round. it basically explodes on impact.

hornady also makes v-max 223 ammo which is cheaper than their varmint or zombie marketed stuff. i am unable to find any differences except the price. here's a link of the cheaper hornady variety. don't worry i'm not posting any sources of online ammo.
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Hornady_223REM_55gr_V_MAX_50rd_box_p/amu-83270.htm

Last edited:
I have not seen it around but it appears others have. I bought a box about 3 years ago as a joke for Halloween. Now its safe queen ammo.

You guys don't hunt zombies do you....
The Z max will identify a zombie and change trajectory for head shot.

Z max is,nothing more than a zombie green tip projectile.

Z max is the same as V max just green.

The SST bullet is another good expansion type.

The A max was designed for target shooting and does not expand well compared to the others.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the tips. Yeah I know it's just a rebranded bullet but I just want for a conversation ammo. Kind of funny. One box will suffice. Maybe I can find some silver Warewolf bullets in my my search

I did get a box of these. And just in the nick of time. There were 7 Walkers on my lawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom