• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hotter 'n Blazes Shoot at Scituate

Here are a couple of shots from the shoot last weekend over at Scituate. We had a good time, and I think that I'm in the middle of the pack out of about 50 shooters. Won't really know until they mail out out results. But the most I had was one miss on any stage. And the times were pretty fast, in the mid 40 second range.

But, the name of the shoot didn't let us down. It was freaking HOT.

Yep, sure is.

And it was hot. I must have gone through about 4 or so liters of water and only pissed once.

Sorry that they posted as thumbnails, if you click them, they will inlarge. Not sure why they posted like that...I'm still getting this whole picture thing down.

Hot is right!

It could be a nice 65 degree day anywhere on the south shore, but as soon as you turn into that long drive way up into the SR&GC, the temperature goes up about 25 or 30 degrees.
Easy spot for me to get to as I live 2 miles down the road, but it sure does get steamy in there.
CJC

C-pher said:
Well, not that many people here really seem to care. But I'm excited.

The results came in for this shoot over the weekend.

I came in Third in my Division. I can't wait for my next shoot. Talk about an addictive sport.

Congrat's to you. It may not be my "thing", but that doesn't make it any less fun to do. If we all liked the same things, life would get boring, wouldn't it?

I may have to try it sometime. I've got a small start on equipment, but I didn't get it for that reason. Not competitive equipment, anyways.

Now if they'd just run a WW1 course, I've got enough of the proper equipment for that. A couple of period revolvers, a proper rifle or two.

You know, all you need to do is find enough people that want to do that. Then start your own org like SASS. That's what they did.

I know it's not everyones thing. But I really do have a blast with this.

I just think that it's one of the reasons that I will just leave the Starz Western Channel on all day...well that and SciFi.

I was just excited to place in my first event. If I can keep this up, I'll just get faster and faster. LOL! We'll see. Just keep working at it.

Hah, I already spend way too much time shooting Battle Rifles. Not competitive, but just having fun. Through in a couple of annual trips to Machine Gun Shoots, and a few Bike Events, and I have little time left for anything. It's a good thought, though.

Congrats!
They have a cowboy shooting area at the club I joined. The day I took my range familiarization test and walk through there was one guy shooting at the plates. He was pretty fast and it looked like fun!.

Adam

Now, if someone were to bring plates for the Octoberfest get together, that would be GREAT. I've got some nifty stuff for shooting at plates, I just don't have the plates. Water filled jugs work, though, and they kind of explode when you hit them, even with a pistol.

Can you get me information so I could possibly make plates that will withstand 30-06 rounds?

The biggest I currently shoot power wise is the 7.62x54R, which is comparable to the 30-06.

Definitely bring the plates, even if we could only shoot lead, it'll be a hoot.

Back
Top Bottom