House Bill for 1,000% Tax on Assault Weapons to Be Filibuster-Proof: Beyer

Just think Reptile will be a Gabillonaire.
Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing.​
He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."​
"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"​
His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion,​
nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands.​
Finally, the President looks up and asks, "How many is a brazillion?"

• A GOP congressional candidate suggested how gun stores could circumvent a 1,000% tax on AR-15s.
  • The entails stores selling a Snickers bar for $950 while letting an AR-15 go for $1.
  • The store would then charge a "$10 excise tax" and avoid paying the 1,000% tax on the AR-15.
A Republican candidate for Congress claimed this week that there would be a way for gun stores to circumvent Democratic lawmakers' efforts to slap a 1,000% tax on AR-15s ....

So much discussion over something that will never happen

More important things to focus on
I feel like there’s a better chance of an AWB getting passed than a 1000% tax. Just a complete guess though. I hope I’m wrong.

At least they're talking about it, unlike trillions of dollars that were spent (printed) with no debate whatsoever. That's kind of the point of legislative bodies, to debate topics.

I feel like there’s a better chance of an AWB getting passed than a 1000% tax. Just a complete guess though. I hope I’m wrong.
I feel a tax increase is more likely to pass. But maybe not 1000%. The court would most likely kill that.

My guess we will have some sort of tax pass to fund mental health research, but it will just be wasted.

Not so sure. You obviously don't reside in MA, CT, NY, CA, IL, etc.... These laws exist and democrats will do all they can to expand them across the US

Can't find the link, but saw that some congress/senator proposed to make ARs a class 3 firearm. I am not up on this regulation, but the article was saying that you can then purchase an AR after registering, being over 21, training, and paying a $500/yr tax.

It didn't seem like this was a bill, but rather a suggestion. From a repub guy who was offering a compromise of saying you can still get ARs, just a more stringent requirement. Someone here prob knows much more on this.

Democrats: "We need to ban ghost guns!"

Also Democrats" "We need to raise the price of the most commonly used firearm in America by adding a 1000% tax, effectively making them 20k a piece"

I don't see any world where Dem's basically make us all borderline millionaires, because if the retail rate for a firearm is 20k, I'm selling used at 18 and you'd be a moron not to. Anyone willing to fight me on that, I got some c-notes in my wallet, I'll buy your rifle no questions asked for a few hundos a pop after the bill passes. The only thing at that point that would suppress pricing is "ghost guns", and at 20k a whack theres no way in f*** we wouldn't be inundated with them.

But maybe thats the idea.

Elections wont matter if folks continue to fail to make an effort,

Are you part of the problem or solution?

Sorry to be a dick.....but at this point anyone that doesnt get involved and just complains deserve it and are part of the problem
Hey now, I don't just complain....I vote and agitate too. But I do complain.

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing.​
He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."​
"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"​
His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion,​
nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands.​
Finally, the President looks up and asks, "How many is a brazillion?"

I heard that one as a blonde joke, the subject of which commented to a friend that she'd "been with" two or three Brazilian guys. The friend wanted to know how many that was.

Manchin going full retard

Clearly lacks comprehension of american history, our founding and what the 2A actually says
I don't know why these idiots keep talking about hunting. I never went hunting in my entire life. I own and have owned many guns. Hunting was never a reason.

If there is a possible silver lining to passage of more Federal gun laws, it is how horribly poor the Dems did in 1994 after passage of the AWB. That passage was in May (I think) and the election in November was a Red Wave: Republicans picked up 8 seats in the Senate, and 35 seats in the House. Even Clinton warned the party not to do something like that again.

The timing is critical because if they passed this crap last year then the effect would mostly be lost. This close to elections one can be sure lawmakers will look for every reason not to take a position before November. We can only hope the balance shifts after that point making this whole cadre of useless lawz go away for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom