• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House bill would increase the number of public ranges

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
http://www.guns.com/2017/02/06/lawmakers-introduce-bill-to-expand-public-shooting-ranges/
[FONT=&quot]A bipartisan group in the U.S. House last week filed legislation that could see the number of shooting ranges available on public land expanded.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The bill, H.R. 788, introduced by Congressional Sportsman Caucus member Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-California, has 23 co-sponsors from 19 states including four Democrats, making it nominally bipartisan.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The bill would use money already made available to the federal government through the Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937, commonly referred to as Pittman–Robertson after the two lawmakers pivotal to its passage. This 80-year-old law uses an excise tax levied on all firearms and ammunition sold or imported into the country to perform conservation-related tasks as varied as restoring elk habitat to funding safety programs and establishing public shooting ranges.[/FONT]
I am emailing my gun prohibitionist US Representative, Carol Shea-Porter, to see where she stands on this.

We need more public ranges....too many private ones with crazy application fees and dues...$150 to look at my application...no thanks.

[rofl][rofl] Let us know how it works out for you. Another cheap gun owner. [rofl][rofl]

Up north there's a few sand pits across the street from me that the land owner allows shooting on. I find the place completely littered with crap. Broken glass, shot up cans, splintered wood, left behind targets, empty ammo boxes and enough brass to start a foundry. Absolutely disgusting, looks closer to the inside of a dumpster. We cleaned up after ourselves and policed all the brass that was on the ground within our shooting lane. One of my neighbors came by later and cleaned up the pile of crap.

We need more public ranges....too many private ones with crazy application fees and dues...$150 to look at my application...no thanks.

If you think that's bad, never move to Florida.

Having a nice range and taking care of it is not cheap. Building an indoor shooting range with ventilation can be VERY expensive. A 100, 500 or 1000 yard rifle range is not built by just cutting a few trees.

Maybe you can open a shooting range with a few nice rifle ranges and charge $10/year. I will be the first one to sign up.

Last edited:

[rolleyes]
What is that, three flats of shells? 1/3 of a Glock? Seriously if $150 keeps you from shooting then maybe you should look at downgrading.

122p817gunmag1.jpg

What club did you go to that charges 150$ just to look at your application... serioulsy.
The "private" clubs around me all seem to be in the same ball park for money.
250-350$ to join and 125-175$ a year after.
If you think most clubs are making money go to a club and you should be able to find the monthly money report hanging somewhere. Also even if the Gov opens up more Gov land for gun ranges what makes you think it will be cheap?

Back
Top Bottom