House Passes AWB; Senate Up Next

Even better without the ability to transfer. So does this make gun trusts a thing again?
It does look like pre-ban 2.0 will be a thing:

(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2022.

If this was to pass and someone has say 2 builds. One tested and now needs to be ef10’d. one not finished and 3 other lowers. All on 4473’s. Can those be finished? Or would those be banned?
This sounds a lot like you’re planning on complying with this nonsense.

Don’t worry, yours will all be legal prebans. The next generation will be screwed but hey at least you got yours right?

If you really want to eFA-10 all the lowers, slap the same upper on each of them for 5 minutes so it’s capable of firing a shot while you fill out the paperwork. I don’t know why you’d tell people who hate ARs and AR owners what you have, though. State paperwork has nothing to do with this federal bill.

This (terrible) bill still allows for transfer of pre-2022 “assault weapons”.

Yes, with two restrictions:
1) the transfer must be at an FFL where a NICS check happens. (in all states)
2) no 15+ round magazines can be transferred, regardless of age. All new owners only get 15 round or smaller magazines (which they have to buy, because they can't have your 20 rounders)

How do they enforce this? Assuming Pmags (for example) don’t change in appearance, how would they know if you had this mag in 2015 or 2025?? Or know when it was made
The same way the current MA ban is enforced? (Poorly)

Plastic mags have a date code on them now, as do many metal ones. It can be removed of course but not everyone will.

The bill also has new marking requirements for mags, and of course they can only be sold to exempt people.

3D printing is unenforceable if you don’t talk.

How do they enforce this? Assuming Pmags (for example) don’t change in appearance, how would they know if you had this mag in 2015 or 2025?? Or know when it was made

Selling of pre-'22 full size magazines would go 100% underground, because you can't advertise that you're selling them, or including them with a gun.

The same way the current MA ban is enforced? (Poorly)

Plastic mags have a date code on them now, as do many metal ones. It can be removed of course but not everyone will.

The bill also has new marking requirements for mags, and of course they can only be sold to exempt people.

3D printing is unenforceable if you don’t talk.
(c) Identification Markings For Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Devices.—Section 923(i) of title 18, United States Code, as amended by this Act, is amended by adding at the end the following: “A large capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2022 shall be identified by a serial number and the date on which the device was manufactured or made, legibly and conspicuously engraved or cast on the device, and such other identification as the Attorney General shall by regulations prescribe.”.

I'm too 'meh' to read all that. Is this a 50+1 vote to get past the senate or a 60 vote to pass?

51, I'm 'kinda' concerned. Too many democrats won't vote, but I fear a couple RINOs would. If Camelface gets to cast the deciding vote, it could get interesting.
From what I’m reading the dems knew they had the votes to get it through the senate, which is why it was brought back at the last minute on Thursday night. Apparently some holdout dems and repubs in the senate got their puds pulled and are on board with this new awb. Expect this to pass through the senate with well over 60 votes.

From what I’m reading the dems knew they had the votes to get it through the senate, which is why it was brought back at the last minute on Thursday night. Apparently some holdout dems and repubs in the senate got their puds pulled and are on board with this new awb. Expect this to pass through the senate with well over 60 votes.
Welp, here I was thinking my ammo wouldn't last my lifetime. Seems it might.

I am guessing most seasoned gun owners have bought mags for both pistols and rifles as well as ammo for at least 8-10 yrs now. After Obama was elected, sandy hook, 2016 and 2020 elections, Covid, BLM… how could you not.

Unlikely.

The last thing DNC wants to do is have AWB'22 actually pass -- they want to be able to use "guns'r'bad" as a campaign issue to push their overall agenda, yet fear that passing an actually impactful law would bring on a repeat of the 1994 election in which Americans clearly wanted Democrats out of congressional power -- more than 50 Democratic seats went red in that first post-AWB election.

No way S.736 is getting 60 votes in the senate. Look at the house vote -- the only (R) votes supporting H.R. 1808 were the ones with zero chance of getting primaried or who already announced they weren't running for re-election.

Just bringing this up for a vote in the Senate is New Hampshire's best chance of driving out Maggie.

Last edited:
Sources?

Haha no. It's not passing the senate.

The last gun package barely passed the senate and was nearly a nothing burger. That was the limit of what Republicans would "give up" - bad, sure, but now they are going to roll over for a full scale awb? No, extremely unlikely - or put it this way, as unlikely as say we get hit with a Russian nuke tonight.

Down the road, if we see a truly blue controlled federal government (ie not a 50/50 senate with a couple conservative democrats to boot) - the risk of this kinda thing is real. Today, no.

Haha no. It's not passing the senate.

The last gun package barely passed the senate and was nearly a nothing burger. That was the limit of what Republicans would "give up" - bad, sure, but now they are going to roll over for a full scale awb? No, extremely unlikely - or put it this way, as unlikely as say we get hit with a Russian nuke tonight.

Down the road, if we see a truly blue controlled federal government (ie not a 50/50 senate with a couple conservative democrats to boot) - the risk of this kinda thing is real. Today, no.
Might as well drop what you can on new lowers/mags/ammo while you can to be safe.

Might as well drop what you can on new lowers/mags/ammo while you can to be safe.

I own a lifetime supply, some of it bought over multiple such past fear mongering exercises.

It's good to be in that kinda position, I don't knock folks for stocking up (guns, mags, ammo, uppers, lowers, bcgs, barrels, small parts). But this right now is hype. The dems do this exercise almost yearly, it doesn't pass the senate, now isn't any different.

Unlikely.

The last thing the democrats want to do is have AWB'22 actually pass -- they want to be able to use "guns'r'bad" as a campaign issue to push their overall agenda, yet fear that passing an actually impactful law would bring on a repeat of the 1994 election in which Americans clearly wanted Democrats out of congressional power -- more than 50 Democratic seats went red in the first post-AWB election.
[rofl]

It's precious to thing that you still - STILL - believe elections matter.

This makes such guns valueless, because they could not be sold. Nobody would buy a gun that could not be fired.

Since the magazines cannot be transferred, the buyer would get only the gun.

someone will make 5 round mags for an ak47. Then the underground will take it from there.

it would be a great gun if price was about $1200 less than it is, from a $2600 level, i presume.
and if i would be dropping a top coin on the top tier .308 - it would be with a 20" barrel.
Still going be a bargain if this crap show passes.

Back
Top Bottom