House Passes AWB; Senate Up Next

Anyone paying attention to what’s going on right now in the senate with the “Vote-a-Rama” bull shit can see that this government is completely corrupted and broken.
Watch what happens to any 'outsider' candidates who would be likely to drain the swamp. Definitely not all, but many have wised up to the tactics for destroying the non-swampers. The mid's this year and the coming 2024 elections are going to be very interesting. Could get spicy- we'll see.

Watch what happens to any 'outsider' candidates who would be likely to drain the swamp. Definitely not all, but many have wised up to the tactics for destroying the non-swampers. The mid's this year and the coming 2024 elections are going to be very interesting. Could get spicy- we'll see.
Politics... The Sport of Kings...
1659895278413.png

Meh — while I still get mildly hot and bothered over Marines lying about the “weapons of war” we used and pretending they are AR-15s, as I continue a career in the .mil, I am less impressed by the folks who can’t let a 4 year year footnote in their life go.

You’re a f***ing liar if you were a grunt and pretend that an AR is the same thing as the various actual “weapons of war” an infantry battalion has at its disposal. So is an M9 by that logic. I’m sure that dude served admirably, bravely, and honorably. Doesn’t make him less of a piece of shit now. I have friends whose politics I disagree on — I don’t really care. I don’t know that we would keep hanging out if they were in congress actively working to dismantle our rights, especially if leveraging lies based on a shared past.

We should be able to own any and every small arm that the marine corps uses.

if they want me to take photos of myself and submit finger prints and wait 25 months for the ATF to decide Im worthy, fine. But let's not pretend there are much differences between my old M16A4 and the current colt clone I own. Because in reality there arent any. As if I'd ever use the burst function on that while in outside of f***ing around at a range.

The 2A is so we can squad up and fight people who need to die. That's the point and that's what we need to be aiming for. Not pretending that X isnt y... blah blah blah. Not important.

if they want me to take photos of myself and submit finger prints and wait 25 months for the ATF to decide Im worthy, fine. But let's not pretend there are much differences between my old M16A4 and the current colt clone I own. Because in reality there arent any. As if I'd ever use the burst function on that while in outside of f***ing around at a range.

The 2A is so we can squad up and fight people who need to die. That's the point and that's what we need to be aiming for. Not pretending that X isnt y... blah blah blah. Not important.
Great. That's way too long for a tattoo... [rolleyes]

^^^THIS^^^

Aero definitely GTG. Rather than jam up this thread with the particulars, here's this week's panic buy project fueled by some Mrs. Mountain arm twisting: Aero M5 'Project' - Sub MOA Made Simple

1659819337890-png.646914

The heavy weight, VG6 brake, and squishy butt pad make it a relatively soft shooter- perfect for Mrs. Mountain.

Folks, don't wait- do it! [rofl]

I didn’t wait. Found a complete lmt mars-l and a piston LWRC. Shouldn’t have, but I don’t trust the senate.
Now that we all uave AR10s, the next go around is gonna have us buying 50 cals

I’ve always thought that United States v. Miller said exactly that:
In the absence of any evidence tending to show that possession or use of a "shotgun having a barrel of less than eighteen inches in length" at this time has some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well regulated militia, we cannot say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear such an instrument. Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment, or that its use could contribute to the common defense.

I read this to say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear arms suitable for use in the militia, which now a days would mean any small arm that the military issues to its troops.

I’ve always thought that United States v. Miller said exactly that:

I read this to say that the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear arms suitable for use in the militia, which now a days would mean any small arm that the military issues to its troops.
It does. But as people who know better like @pastera have pointed out Miller is treated like a freak show combined with a mystery novel. So it's not often touched, used or messed around with.

To call it “totally unnecessary” is foolish.
Well, that was humor- at least partially, and no more foolish than claiming "you dead" without night vision and what sounds like some sort of tactical training. OK, nice to have all of these but saying "you dead" without them reads like a Gecko45 thread. I assume we are talking SHTF / civil meltdown scenario. If I am picking my 'kick ball' team for that, I'll take that grumpy old battle-hardened Peshmerga with a Mauser and smoker's lungs before I'd pick anyone who can run a 5 minute mile, went to Tactical Brah Academy a couple times, and will be busy fumbling with Call of Duty inspired gadgets.

My own personal "fapping to SHTF fantasy" list doesn't involve anything that needs batteries nor anything that interferes with carrying lots of ammo and water. YRMV...

Well, that was humor- at least partially, and no more foolish than claiming "you dead" without night vision and what sounds like some sort of tactical training. OK, nice to have all of these but saying "you dead" without them reads like a Gecko45 thread. I assume we are talking SHTF / civil meltdown scenario. If I am picking my 'kick ball' team for that, I'll take that grumpy old battle-hardened Peshmerga with a Mauser and smoker's lungs before I'd pick anyone who can run a 5 minute mile, went to Tactical Brah Academy a couple times, and will be busy fumbling with Call of Duty inspired gadgets.

My own personal "fapping to SHTF fantasy" list doesn't involve anything that needs batteries nor anything that interferes with carrying lots of ammo and water. YRMV...
Truthfully I'd rather have a swat team hunting me than a bunch of genuine hillbillies.
Those boys have been killing things from a distance unseen since they were kids.
I've hunted with a few of those boys and they would scare me more than someone with an overinflated ego geared up in full battle rattle.

Truthfully I'd rather have a swat team hunting me than a bunch of genuine hillbillies.
Those boys have been killing things from a distance unseen since they were kids.
I've hunted with a few of those boys and they would scare me more than someone with an overinflated ego geared up in full battle rattle.
For that matter, I'd rather have 6 FBI agents rather than one local hillbilly hunter on my ass. I used to frequently work in Cocke County Tennessee and was grateful to have a close friend with lots of family connections there.

My best friends father in law had a hunting cabin way up in NH. The Stone family lived next door. He brought them turkeys on Thanksgiving and always shared his kills with them. He always wanted to be in his good side. Before that they used his place as a Bang House. They would show up at 3am, shithoused to say hi. They didn’t believe in private property. When some guy from NYC tried to explain it to them, they burned his cabin down. The sheriffs came by and they disappeared into the woods for months. They hunted whenever they wanted and no game warden could catch them. They are the definition of ungovernable. No teeth but ungovernable lol

Last edited:

can confirm. there's a couple of 12 year olds in my neighborhood can get squirrel headshots all day

I grew up with All in the Family, Those Were the Days.
I have to keep reminding myself...

Having grown up in the 70s, the same amount of time has passed between then and now, as between then and when my grandparents grew up in the 20s. A few days ago would have been my grandmother's 100th birthday.

Mother.jpg

Well, this thing has made it to committee and the back room meetings at the WH have begun. They will be coming off break early to get this thing done. f***in shame we are going have to squash this in the courts, if they don’t whack Thomas and Kavanaugh first.

Usually if I am posting Twitter content here I do it as a screen shot unless there is embedded content like video.

In this case I am posting the actual Tweet so that if you have a Twitter account you might re-Tweet this. I know the bill will go nowhere legislatively, but more people should know that they are trying to arm every bureaucratic arm of the Government for deadly force while at the same time disarming the people.

View: https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1557096526324842496

Adding it with the link cuz Twitter doesn't seem to be rendering here right now.

🐯

Back
Top Bottom