• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

House Passes AWB; Senate Up Next

I wonder if her job would pay enough today to raise a family of eight. I think I know the answer though. A spokesman for the restaurant industry would probably tell me that the wage depression was needed to keep the price of a burger competitive in the global marketplace.
In fairness, she wasn't the only wage-earner in the household. My grandfather had a decent job at Hershey Metals in Ansonia (until he got sick), and the older children were expected to contribute when they were old enough to go out and work.

Of course technically the math isn't there, two more senators would give them a 52 to 48 majority, still short of the 60 votes needed for cloture to end a filibuster (assuming all the Dems voted in favor). There is no way that an AWB can be done under reconciliation, so you'd need 60 votes to move it through the Senate. They'd need at least a 10 seat swing to be able to do what he's saying. Of course what Joe is really saying is that with two more blindly obedient Dems, they can bypass Joe Manchin's and Kyrsten Sinema's opposition and go ahead and eliminate the filibuster. Then they can rule with just a simple majority.

Of course technically the math isn't there, two more senators would give them a 52 to 48 majority, still short of the 60 votes needed for cloture to end a filibuster (assuming all the Dems voted in favor). There is no way that an AWB can be done under reconciliation, so you'd need 60 votes to move it through the Senate. They'd need at least a 10 seat swing to be able to do what he's saying. Of course what Joe is really saying is that with two more blindly obedient Dems, they can bypass Joe Manchin's and Kyrsten Sinema's opposition and go ahead and eliminate the filibuster. Then they can rule with just a simple majority.
They had something like 12 or 15 RINOS vote for the red flag law, so given the right moment/big enough tragedy, it’s possible even this fall, they could get this through.

6rg6ub.jpg

To get the 15 RINOS who signed onto the federal red flag law on board again for a new 2022 AWB they’d need another rash of mass shooting events, highly symbolic, very tragic (young children likely again), and obviously the weapons used would be the ones they want banned.

The “MAGA are terrorists” Biden speech may have been purposefully paving the way, laying down the narrative for the big events to come, where Biden will be made to look like a prophet.

Stay frosty.

I don't think we're going to be seeing 50+ year old fat guys huffing and puffing their way into a school to waste a classroom while wearing a MAGA hat with a Stop the Steal T-shirt on under the Blackhawk tactical vest.

I'd say an El Paso is more likely where Hispanics are targeted as that group has shifted heavily to the GOP this year and Mass going into crisis mode over a bus of migrants being dropped off at Martha's Vineyard.

Back
Top Bottom