• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How are you carrying full-size .45s?

Like a mutha f***in boss that's how.

Boondock-Saints-Il-Duce-Multiple-Holsters.jpg

Now that we are in the rabbit hole. [laugh]

Srsly, I almost had my ass shot off by a Cambridge leo retrieving my .45 from my canted SOB holster. Story here on NES somewhere.

1668832133213.png

i don't carry full size 1911's but posted about this guy before and thought i'd put it up again, just for fun. hopefully you click the link and my post comes up. just thinking about the weight this guy carried daily.... i have to carry my weight, he could have shed 25 lbs in an eye blink. lol

I know you're supposed to carry a 1911 with the hammer cocked and the safety on but I could never get comfortable carrying a pistol with the hammer cocked. I have a DeSantis leather IWB with a retention strap that goes between the hammer and the frame. I don't carry the 1911 anymore because between the blued gun and the leather holster, I was cleaning rust off the gun every day after work.

alien gear shape shift, cause I like stuff with cool names...f*** comfort.

seriously though a legit gun belt is the most important thing imo, after that it's all preference

I carry a HK45 daily in the colder months, for work. GIANT pistol, but it disappears in both my Red River Tactical IWB, as well as my GearCraft IWB holsters. I carry it between 3 and 4 o'clock

I don't carry my 1911 often, but when I do it's either a shoulder rig, or a horsehide/kydex IWB holster I got from this guy:

Mine's a Sig with the squared slide, and he did his kydex mold using a real Sig for perfect fitment.

I carry my 1911 in a Bianchi 77L every day, everywhere in New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont. It is open carry, condition one. When using a shoulder rig, it is in a Galco Miami Classic.

Desantis is my shoulder holster.

IWB I use Alien Gear Cloak Tuck.

First Spear makes a pretty cool tanker style that fits multiple guns. Good for woods walking as mentioned or out on your property hacking around. Looks pretty comfortable and gets the weight off your sciatica, I mean hips, while you’re working.
5D74D29C-9F30-42CE-B04A-45CD9AA59085.jpeg 8C844D0A-5A6A-41D6-97CD-D5E2B2B4E827.jpeg

P220 in a Blackpoint tactical dualpoint appendix IWB with side car for spare mag. I switched out the metal clip that came on it for soft loops off of a NSR holster. That allows for the holster to move with me vs being glued to my belt. Also when taking the holster on and off the metal clip stresses and eventually cracks the plastic behind the metal clip. Here’s a stock picture of the holster before swapping the metal clip.

Attachments

• 1EF89715-DAE3-4709-8802-A1BDB5A06358.png
    1EF89715-DAE3-4709-8802-A1BDB5A06358.png
    326.1 KB · Views: 2
The comment about the CZ97B made me curious so I went upstairs, got out a 97B and looked through my collection of shoulder holsters. I found 2 that the 97B would fit into. Both are Bianchi and both are vertical. The X-15 is for an auto and the X-2100 Phantom is for a revolver but the CZ97B fit fine. The others wouldn't accommodate that big slide.

Back
Top Bottom