• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How can I find out the Birthday of a Auto-Ordnance 1911???

DavidC77

NES Life Member
NES Member

How can I find out the Birthday of a Auto-Ordnance 1911???​

I just picked up a new to me Auto-Ordnance 1911 and I'm trying to find out when it was built...

Is there someone I can contact or somewhere I can look up the serial number to find out it's build date???

Or do I have to contact Kahr in Worcester???

Thanks in advance for the help...

David

20211014_041311.jpg

Service for West Hurley Firearms

Auto-Ordnance handguns produced prior to 1999 by Numrich Gun Parts, West Hurley, New York are no longer being serviced by Kahr Arms, Worcester, MA.

They open at 9am Eastern.

Service for West Hurley Firearms

Auto-Ordnance handguns produced prior to 1999 by Numrich Gun Parts, West Hurley, New York are no longer being serviced by Kahr Arms, Worcester, MA.

They open at 9am Eastern.

Thanks, I was going to call them already...

I wasn't sure if there was another place that would have the info....

All right, this one was born on 29 August 2012...
Same month as me, small world...

The guns in great shape, I think I'll get out in the back yard and pop some rounds off today to see how she runs...

Thanks everyone for helping...

Kahr/Auto-Ordnance/Thompson in Worcester was great, he looked up the BOD right away a we BSed for a few minutes about the gun...

I've got a good gun here...
20211014_102505.jpg 20211014_102312.jpg

Last edited:
I had pre-Kahr West Hurley made ZG-51 Pit Bull variant, it was a horrendous POS, most unreliable 1911 I ever owned. The ones made after Kahr bought AO are far superior.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom