• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How did you observe Veterans day?

PEW

How better to show gratitude for those in the armed services?

My wife and I at the range. Excellent.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384213075364.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384213075364.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 61
The gf and I slung our 22's and walked the back side of our property. Busted a few caps, almost fell in the creek, then went and got some pizza.

'Merica

she shooting a ruger mk 22? I observed by thinking of my step dad(Korea) and my dads father(D-Day survivor) and called my dad(army vet) and just gave alot of internal thanks to all vets.

she shooting a ruger mk 22? I observed by thinking of my step dad(Korea) and my dads father(D-Day survivor) and called my dad(army vet) and just gave alot of internal thanks to all vets.

Yes, she is shooting a MKIII Hunter with a Volquartsen MKII accurizing kit and MKII hammer bushing.

Went to the town's Veteran's Day parade,met quite a few friends there that are vets from wars past and said thanks to as many vets that I could.

I've been a little depressed today. I usually spend the day with my father and sister, both retired Marines. Dad did 3 yrs in Vietnam and little sis did a tour in Afghanistan. Now that I moved to SC this is the first year I haven't seen them on V-day. It is also my sisters first veterans day. The most eventful thing I did today was change the fuel pump on my truck. It was rather anticlimactic.

Got up early to help my son's Cub Scout Pack put up a couple hundred flags around town (they line Rte. 101), just got back from taking them down. The kids love the appreciation they get and you can actually see them learning an awesome lesson from it.

Went to Nashua's parade, worked on my father in law's Lincoln Town Car, made chex mix with the kids, watched Monsters University with same kids, drank beer, ate chili, drank more beer, and now watching Wayne's World with whole fam.

On Saturday, me and the boy and his pack/troop put flags on all the Vet's graves at Woodlawn in Nashua.

I had to work, but called my uncle as I always do on Veteran's day to thank him for his service.

Went to a parade...

Plowed some dirt...

Worked on the tree stand...

Cleaned up the yard before the snow falls...

Started building a workbench in the barn...

Made a bunch of calls to old USMC buddies...

Watched part of The Longest Day...

Going to be early!!!

Today I took time to thank... Tom Cruise. As he recently said his job as an actor is harder than being a soldier serving in Afghanistan. I can definitely agree with that, so here's to you Tom Cruise, because everybody knows playing a scientologist fighter pilot on TV is much harder than doing the real thing. I salute you, Maverick. Thanks for serving.

I fixed Harley-Davidsons all day... at work.
God Bless America and our veterans who fought/continue to fight for her...

Attended the town's Veterans Day festivities, thanked some soldiers who were there with their gear. Later in the afternoon I headed off to do some work.

Got out of work at 6am, went home and slept all day. Back to work at 6pm. Awesome!!

got out at 7a went home and slept till 6:30p and then back to work at 7p. what do you do man?? thanks again vets for keeping me safe while we all sleep!!

got out at 7a went home and slept till 6:30p and then back to work at 7p. what do you do man?? thanks again vets for keeping me safe while we all sleep!!

Lol, you guys sound like me... 7p-730a Saturday and Sunday nights, 11p-730a Monday and Tuesday nights... I'm a CT Tech...

So I called Dad after work and went to bed. He was WWII Navy. My uncle was a Marine, passed a few years ago. Dad's brother-in-law, grip like a vise, all I know is he never walked right, probably had more than a few stories.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom