How Did Your Representative Vote on ERPO?

This is what you get with one party rule (tyranny).
To be fair, several of our "allies" like Lombardo, Lyons, and Orrall voted yes. With friends like this, who needs enemies?

Lombardo is a bit puzzling, considering he sponsored some legislation against the 7/20 nonsense and spoke at the rally at the state house. I find the ERPO stuff even more oppressive, to be honest, but he gave the amended bill a yes vote.

Representative Kate D. Campanale Republican - 17th Worcester voted Ney. Thank you Rep. Campanale for doing the right thing.

And for the record,

KDC1.jpg

NOT GUILTY! LOL, what is it about Republican women? Usually quite stunning...

Not sure if anyone noticed but GOAL thanked all those who voted no but also thanked three reps who voted Yes: Shawn Dooley, Brad Hill & Nick Boldyga for their efforts: "GOAL would like to thank all of the people who took the floor to speak for civil rights and mental health care: Representatives Joe McKenna, Brad Hill, Paul Frost, Shaunna O’Connell, Shawn Donnelly (typo, it's Dooley), Nick Boldyga." http://blog.goal.org/ma-house-passes-new-gun-licensing-bill/

I had an email exchange with Shawn Dooley who has always been on our side and is very responsive/approachable. He was pretty upset but had to vote Yes (actually used the term "bullshit" in his email to me, and he doesn't know me personally). This was going to pass with or without his vote and if he voted No he'd have a tough time getting re-elected in this district and would be replaced by a D who will never be on our side. He's a good guy and despite this vote, I'd rather have him on our side than not. It was a no-win situation any way you looked at it.

Not sure if anyone noticed but GOAL thanked all those who voted no but also thanked three reps who voted Yes: Shawn Dooley, Brad Hill & Nick Boldyga for their efforts: "GOAL would like to thank all of the people who took the floor to speak for civil rights and mental health care: Representatives Joe McKenna, Brad Hill, Paul Frost, Shaunna O’Connell, Shawn Donnelly (typo, it's Dooley), Nick Boldyga." MA House Passes New Gun Licensing Bill? -

I had an email exchange with Shawn Dooley who has always been on our side and is very responsive/approachable. He was pretty upset but had to vote Yes (actually used the term "bullshit" in his email to me, and he doesn't know me personally). This was going to pass with or without his vote and if he voted No he'd have a tough time getting re-elected in this district and would be replaced by a D who will never be on our side. He's a good guy and despite this vote, I'd rather have him on our side than not. It was a no-win situation any way you looked at it.

I have mixed thoughts about that, but understand Dooley's position when thinking as a politician. I'm OK wit

-edit-

Found what I was looking for.

Last edited:
Where do I find the full list of votes on this? I can't see how my local rep Kim Ferguson voted. She voted 'yea' for bumpstock ban, but this is a total Fudd area so that didn't surprise me.

Where do I find the full list of votes on this? I can't see how my local rep Kim Ferguson voted. She voted 'yea' for bumpstock ban, but this is a total Fudd area so that didn't surprise me.
Check out the first post for the list. She voted yes.

My local rep, Boldyga, voted Yes and it surprised me. He’s usually a really pro-2A. He had two admendments filed on this bill that were both rejected.

I reached out to him yesterday, and this was his response.

Thanks for the message. I'm A rated by both GOAL & the NRA. I'm a strong 2A supporter and I'm disappointed in the rhetoric that GOAL put out. It couldn't be further from the truth. I’m happy to discuss it further over the phone if you’d like over the next few days.

I’ll be reaching out to him at some point in the near future to discuss it.
Please let us know what he has to say. I am very interested,

It sounds like unfortunately his brain is poisoned by the antis peacocking.... unless he's actually been approached by a bunch of constituents pushing for ERPO, his ERPO vote will likely be forgotten about by anyone except people here on NES or other RKBA folks looking at voting records.

-Mike

It sounds like unfortunately his brain is poisoned by the antis peacocking.... unless he's actually been approached by a bunch of constituents pushing for ERPO, his ERPO vote will likely be forgotten about by anyone except people here on NES or other RKBA folks looking at voting records.

-Mike

You're probably right about the yes vote being forgotten but I suspect a No vote would have been used very effectively against him by his opponent. I'm sure he calculated that he'd be run out of town on a rail if he voted no and living in the district, I'd say he's probably right. And believe me, his replacement won't be nearly as friendly to the cause as he is.

My local rep, Boldyga, voted Yes and it surprised me. He’s usually a really pro-2A. He had two admendments filed on this bill that were both rejected.

I reached out to him yesterday, and this was his response.

Thanks for the message. I'm A rated by both GOAL & the NRA. I'm a strong 2A supporter and I'm disappointed in the rhetoric that GOAL put out. It couldn't be further from the truth. I’m happy to discuss it further over the phone if you’d like over the next few days.

I’ll be reaching out to him at some point in the near future to discuss it.
Please do, I'd love to hear the rest of his excuses.

The vote should have been "NO" as soon as they got to the "prove your innocence" part of the bill, regardless of what it restricts.

You're probably right about the yes vote being forgotten but I suspect a No vote would have been used very effectively against him by his opponent. I'm sure he calculated that he'd be run out of town on a rail if he voted no and living in the district, I'd say he's probably right. And believe me, his replacement won't be nearly as friendly to the cause as he is.

I think the value of anti gun voting is vastly overstated. Maybe if he was a democrat and going to face another dem challenger... sure... because the hardcores show up at their primaries and throw votes, but in a general? in a district where he pretty much destroyed the last dem he ran against? I don't see a "no" being unsafe there.

-Mike

-Mike

I doubt some innocent person who gets their life jacked up on this crap will forget.

Kuros in Worc 8 voted No. I sent him a Thank You message and also I asked him what he thought about the Senate making it any better…His response:

T"he senate is more progressive than the House so Sen Fattman has his hands full. Our best case result would actually be that the Senate lurches left on the bill creating an untenable conference committee situation and it gets hung up there through the end of July when we recess. "

He also has a 100% voting attendance record and took his job seriously. I say took as he has announced he is not seeking reelection after 4 terms. Bummer... He and Fattman have some respect in my area too..

Only R we have looking to replace him is a former "Faker" errand boy who's wishy-washy and noncommittal commitments to the 2A to my direct 2A questions on his positions when he knocked on my door a few weeks ago make me think another major RINO who'd be a D were it not for the slow reddening of Central MA this last decade...

I think she has voted "My way" on every vote that I had concerns over.
That being said....
A vote to the contrary in most cases in this state dont mean shit with a,supermajority.
It's just pandering to the mostly red towns she represents.
Exactly, which is why I'm sending my money to the Republican that's running against her

I heard from a very reliable source that my rep. voted for it because he was afraid of the large contingency of Mothers against Guns in his district. He was afraid of losing his seat / job so instead he lost or sold his values along with mine and a whole bunch of others respect and votes.

Back
Top Bottom