How hard is it to install a picatinni one piece on a Rock River AR15?

I had ordered a Rock River AR15 and ordered the one piece free float picatinni quad rail. For some reason they shipped is loose not installed like it should have been. I have a fair amount of normal automotive tools and wondering how much of a problem it will be to try to install it with out all the specialty tools.
I watched a video on Brownell's on how they do it but they had clamps that held it in a vice and other specialty tools. I know I will need to remove the flash hider and front site then the barrel nut etc and install the new.
Can I do with out all that stuff or should I ship it back to the factory and wait again?

I am no expert but they make a wrench for the barrel nut. The "flash hider" is illegal if the gun is not pre-ban IIRC. A compensator which is pinned can be removed by a knowledgable gunny but I have no tips for that, I will guess that it is drilled and tapped or ground off in which case it will need to be replaced as post-ban can't have bare threads on the barrel. Again, this from a noob and someone really clueless on the laws of the Commiewealth.

Best of luck.

OP lives in NH, hes not bound by our retarded laws.

I'd recommend just sending it back and having them do it if its no cost to you. It may be able to be done without the proper tools, you may be able to substitute some stuff, but you have a better chance of marring the finish of breaking something that way, especially when getting the barrel nut off, and re-torquing it. You could also buy some of the tools, they aren't that pricey.

Mike

Mike

Back
Top Bottom