• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How is the market for buying ammo right now?

I just did a search for ammo at some local shops online and I am finding nothing. Is ammo hard to get right now? Is demand up and pricing up again? What's the deal?

I just did a search for ammo at some local shops online and I am finding nothing. Is ammo hard to get right now? Is demand up and pricing up again? What's the deal?
What calibers you looking for? Targetsportsusa has quite a bit of the common stuff. Prices are not what they were pre-2020 of course.

Or are you like that other NES member looking for 257 roberts ammo? [laugh]

I periodically check Midway USA, Target Sports USA and Natchez SS for my latest "state of the market" on ammo, as it pertains to price and availability. You can also look at LuckyGunner.com.

There are supply chain issues and literally 10s of millions of new shooters over the past 3 years. Even without the supply chain issues, if supplies were normal, the additional 10s of millions of shooters would have driven up,prices substantially. pudding brains Antoine firearms stance isn’t helpful either.

What calibers you looking for? Targetsportsusa has quite a bit of the common stuff. Prices are not what they were pre-2020 of course.

Or are you like that other NES member looking for 257 roberts ammo? [laugh]
Has anyone seen Reloader 16 🤪

ha. Good luck with primers!
Got a few thousand delivered the last couple of weeks, actually. SRP, SPP and LPP. 7-8 cents each which is more than my stash of 2.6 cent primers, but they're still out there. I get notifications practically every day on my phone. Still a lot cheaper than buying factory.

Less than a month ago:
1650652453258.png

Got a few thousand delivered the last couple of weeks, actually. SRP, SPP and LPP. 7-8 cents each which is more than my stash of 2.6 cent primers, but they're still out there. I get notifications practically every day on my phone. Still a lot cheaper than buying factory.

Less than a month ago:
View attachment 606853
Yup. They are out there. But you got to dig deep in the wallet.

The Ram has had magnum CCI SPP in stock since yesterday. $85 per 1k
Not sold out yet.

Anyone got any salt peter they'll trade for my extra charcoal and sulfur?
we were doing that back in the 60's. had to get the salt peter @ the drug store. some brainiac we hung with related
you just went in, told the druggist the vet said to mix it with the dog's food and they would sell it to you. never found out why
it was good for dogs, but our back-yard bombs never delivered as promised

i keep on trying to tell you guys...we defunded the dupe police a while ago!

i'm getting several emails weekly, and have for some time, telling me the the ammo i've asked to be notified when back in stock, is back in stock. and it's not just target sports, but everywhere else i searched at the time. and the list is extensive. some places have what i call completive pricing and i'm not offended and would order some if i needed it now, while others make me very butt hurt with through the roof prices. primers and powder also, but phew...you need a second income for that shit.

If it's not 9mm, .223, .22, or 12ga you're pretty much fukked. The other common calibers like 762x39, 45, etc. you can get, but it's gonna cost a lot more than normal. The first 4 I mentioned are available and reasonable in price, everything not 9, 223, 22, or 12 is not.

Also look at the dealer classifieds. KAGArms has competitive pricing. Beats TSUSA non-prime member pricing

Will others ship to you , will you likely receive the order in two days or so or do you have to drive somewhere, gas is what in your area - and mix and mingle with people who have who knows what ?????

If none of the above matters then take advantage of the only reason to do so-paying with cash and its inherent benefits.

Otherwise it is TSUSA almost -all- the way with regard to cost , convenience and safety.

I get email blasts from many vendors with ammo in stock notices. Sign up for as many as you like and jump on it if the price is what you like.
Most people I know have not had a terrible time finding ammo as long as they are willing to pay.

Newbie here, ltc-a end of 2020.

Prices are down considerably since Jan 2021, nearly 50% though I'm sure long time members have seen better days.

Best tool to use ammoseek.com. Allows you to exclude retailers that won't ship to MA. One retailer mentioned already lucky Gunner does not ship to MA. Target sports does and occasionally they have great deals. But you have to know your prices.

Even factoring in shipping many times I'm able to beat local retail prices.

I think someone mentioned the standard calibers like 9, .223, 5.56 and 12g are easily found for good prices.

Start digging online and you might just save some cash in gas. With gas at $4+ it doesn't make sense to drive 100 miles to save $0.05 cents per round.

Back
Top Bottom