How is the recoil from IWI Tavor TS12 12 ga. shotgun?

cjmass

NES Member
Can anyone who has fired the IWI Tavor TS12 12 gauge shotgun provide any feedback on how the recoil is with full power buckshot and slug loads? Some on-line reviews say its very mild while others say the opposite. Some of the videos that I have seen make it look like the recoil is pretty heavy. Insight from anyone with experience would be much appreciated. Also, does anyone know how the Tavor IWI TS12 recoil compares with the Benelli M4 12 ga. shotgun? Thanks!

It's pretty violent and lumpy compared to most more common semis. Not painful but itll give you a good push. Not on same planet as an M4 or for that matter any of the other tube fed semis that are any good.

No experience with the Tavor TS12, but I have a Keltec KS7 also a bullpup shotgun that has some kick to it will full power loads as opposed to minishells. Also, recoil impulse is very different compared to my Mossberg 930 semi-auto, my 590A1 pump or even my Shockwave. I would imagine the Tavor is comparable to the Keltec based on the bullpup design, and I would expect the recoil impulse to vary from a traditional semi-auto or pump.

@Tinkermatic any additional thoughts to add on that from your experience?

Can anyone who has fired the IWI Tavor TS12 12 gauge shotgun provide any feedback on how the recoil is with full power buckshot and slug loads? Some on-line reviews say its very mild while others say the opposite. Some of the videos that I have seen make it look like the recoil is pretty heavy. Insight from anyone with experience would be much appreciated. Also, does anyone know how the Tavor IWI TS12 recoil compares with the Benelli M4 12 ga. shotgun? Thanks!
in a classic sense on nes :) - if you are concerned about recoil - look up recoil removing solutions - i just installed a recoil module into my beretta 1301 - which is not exactly economically reasonable, but if you are after new rifle - check out beretta a400 with a new version of recoil reduction in front of the stock - kick off mega

or a beretta 1301 comp pro with an older version of the kick-off plus system at the end of the stock.

i have the latter one in the 1301 now and it works quite well. if it may or may not be installed into a tactical 1301 stock - not sure, check it yourself.

No experience with the Tavor TS12, but I have a Keltec KS7 also a bullpup shotgun that has some kick to it will full power loads as opposed to minishells. Also, recoil impulse is very different compared to my Mossberg 930 semi-auto, my 590A1 pump or even my Shockwave. I would imagine the Tavor is comparable to the Keltec based on the bullpup design, and I would expect the recoil impulse to vary from a traditional semi-auto or pump.

@Tinkermatic any additional thoughts to add on that from your experience?

I didn’t notice a drastic difference in the recoil versus a standard semi or pump. As @drgrant said, it’s kinda lumpy, but bullpup shotguns themselves are lumpy, so it’s to be expected. What I found most cumbersome was the manual of arms. One would need to train for a significant amount of time to use one practically. Aside from that (and dumping live rounds whilst trying to chamber a new one, which was probably my fault) it was damn fun to shoot.

No personal experience with that platform, but I will say that what's mellow to one, is hell to another.

My kid has a Browning Trap gun - I've fired one round (24/25, missed the last one, of course), and I loathe it. Everything about it is wrong for me. I prefer my prelapsarian A5. He can shoot 200 rounds in a day without blinking, but it's not for me. He's no fan of my A5, though he's run them with it.

Fit, technique, and habituation all build into perceived recoil.

That said, how many full-power rounds of Buck and slugs are you going to be feeding it at a given session? If it's 5, and it's too nasty, that's one thing -if you're running 50, that's another.

Back
Top Bottom