• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

First time ltc applicant Barnstable.
Dropped off paperwork and had photo, fingerprints etc. done on 10/23/18 called the hotline to check on the status the other day (1/7/19) and my paperwork is still with the local pd pending my background check.

Called again 1/23/19 application was approved and pending activation. Was told to give it 2-3 more weeks. Today marks 15 weeks since I turned in my application.

After 115 days of waiting (10/23/18-2/15/19) I finally have my license in hand!!!!

Last edited:
Submitted my paperwork in Northbridge for renewal last night. Took me longer to write the check than it took to do the "interview". Less then 5 minutes including photo. Northbridge PD is great! I will report back when I receive permit. I know Northbridge PD does not sit on them, but the state..........

Finally got it today..... 3.5 months!

Turned my paperwork in and got my picture taken at the Rehoboth PD back on October 10th. Got the call today to come pick up my renewed LTC. 92 days. They said the delay was because the state is backlogged.
I also notice that the state has decided to put the suicide hotline and Samaritan phone numbers on the back. How thoughtful of them. I suspect it's because they believe that forcing people to go through the whole bureaucratic nightmare of licensing a constitutional right might possibly drive one to suicide.

Apparently, there is still a huge backlog at the state level with these LTC applications. I applied in Boxborough November 30th and still no license. 68 days and counting or 9 and a half weeks. The LO said that it was going to be a 8 week turnaround so I guess he was wrong. I called the FRB last week and they said "Pending FRB review" and that it was "Approved" by the LO on 1/22.

Feel like this is the longest I waited my entire life to get a license. Lol

Apparently, there is still a huge backlog at the state level with these LTC applications. I applied in Boxborough November 30th and still no license. 68 days and counting or 9 and a half weeks. The LO said that it was going to be a 8 week turnaround so I guess he was wrong. I called the FRB last week and they said "Pending FRB review" and that it was "Approved" by the LO on 1/22.

Feel like this is the longest I waited my entire life to get a license. Lol
Apply for a firearms license According to the mass .gov site they are processingCurrently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between December 24th and January 6th.

I heard once the local pd submits the paperwork the state has 30 days to respond? So is it the local side that is the bottleneck? How does one know if they received it but just not calling.
I've never seen that in the law. Nobody "calls", it is all done by computer these days.

Sorry , I meant how does one know if the local pd has received the license, but they are just not calling ppl to let them know.
You can usually call the PD and ask if it came in. Do so after checking the status with FRB confirming it was mailed back to the PD.

The wife and I just renewed our NH licenses. It took 3 days here.

;)
:D

Yes = NH is now constitutional carry, however we wanted to have our actual licenses for: locations where a license is required, and for state reciprocity reasons.

The wife and I just renewed our NH licenses. It took 3 days here.

;)
:D

Yes = NH is now constitutional carry, however we wanted to have our actual licenses for: locations where a license is required, and for state reciprocity reasons.
Smart thinking, especially with your new demoncratic legislature, avoid the rush later.

The FRB says it’s still pending my local PD? I dropped the appl on Nov 29.

I dropped mine that same day and still nothing. Called the FRB few days ago and they said the same thing "Pending Review by PD".

Funny that last week I called and they said "Approved by FRB". At this point I don't even know. It's been 10 weeks since they cashed my check.

I dropped mine that same day and still nothing. Called the FRB few days ago and they said the same thing "Pending Review by PD".

Funny that last week I called and they said "Approved by FRB". At this point I don't even know. It's been 10 weeks since they cashed my check.

Same thing for me (appt. early Dec), but was told by a friend on the PD that basically "pending review with local PD" is just a canned response they have when they haven't gotten around to processing the "batch" that your license is in. He is not the LO, but I think he has a pretty good idea of what goes on. Just the State being all Statie like.

Same thing for me (appt. early Dec), but was told by a friend on the PD that basically "pending review with local PD" is just a canned response they have when they haven't gotten around to processing the "batch" that your license is in. He is not the LO, but I think he has a pretty good idea of what goes on. Just the State being all Statie like.

This process is ridiculous. Can't wait until I move to a free state.

When I call and mention that I dropped mine off nov 29 and was asking about the status. They just say it’s still pending didn’t ask for a name. I paid cash.

When I call and mention that I dropped mine off nov 29 and was asking about the status. They just say it’s still pending didn’t ask for a name. I paid cash.
I dropped off my application on 11/2/18 and still haven't received mine. Looks like we're in for a bit of a wait.

I just called the hotline again and the guy was VERY rude. He said that I should not be calling that often (I called Monday last week) and that calling is not going to make my license show up. He then said "It's still pending review by FRB like I told you last week" and I asked him if he knew when they would get to my app and he said "you should call the FRB and ask them". All this time I thought that these people answering the hotline were the FRB, I just learn something new today.
I don't know why they have to be rude.

I decided that I'm not going to call anymore and I will forget about the LTC, if it shows up, fine, if it doesn't, whatever!

[QUOTE

I decided that I'm not going to call anymore and I will forget about the LTC, if it shows up, fine, if it doesn't, whatever![/QUOTE]
After 30 years of having my LTC, That is great advice, it will show up.

I did, they said it's pending. I'm in Boston so they don't really care.

edit; Just called again and they said my license has been mailed to my local PD. Not sure how long it takes from here.

Probably another month since every little step of the process seems to take 1+ month to complete. This is out of control!

Probably another month since every little step of the process seems to take 1+ month to complete. This is out of control!
Good to see progress..I called my local pd they told me they will look into my application and call me back. That was Friday........

I just called the hotline again and the guy was VERY rude. He said that I should not be calling that often (I called Monday last week) and that calling is not going to make my license show up. He then said "It's still pending review by FRB like I told you last week" and I asked him if he knew when they would get to my app and he said "you should call the FRB and ask them". All this time I thought that these people answering the hotline were the FRB, I just learn something new today.
I don't know why they have to be rude.

I decided that I'm not going to call anymore and I will forget about the LTC, if it shows up, fine, if it doesn't, whatever!

LOL...I remember talking to that fruitcake. He sounded like a flaming pickle sniffer.

I just tried calling to get an updated status on my license, no one answered after 3 "hold cycles". Guessing they sent non-essential govt. workers home early. Is there anyone more non-essential than FRB?

I just tried calling to get an updated status on my license, no one answered after 3 "hold cycles". Guessing they sent non-essential govt. workers home early. Is there anyone more non-essential than FRB?

And next week is Presidents Day & school vacation week. The FRB will be a ghost town.

Back
Top Bottom