How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Submitted for renewal Jan 4. Called 2/12 and was told it was 'awaiting approval'. Called 2/28 - now it is approved but 'awaiting activation'. This process is absolutely stupid. Seems like they have one person for each step, and nobody is allowed to do the other person's job.
I'm convinced this is the last go-round for me. I'm done.

Submitted for renewal Jan 4. Called 2/12 and was told it was 'awaiting approval'. Called 2/28 - now it is approved but 'awaiting activation'. This process is absolutely stupid. Seems like they have one person for each step, and nobody is allowed to do the other person's job.
I'm convinced this is the last go-round for me. I'm done.
Look on the bright side. At least you won't be waiting 7 months like that poor bastard from Falmouth.

Applied 12/3, check cashed 12/10, was told by person on the "hotline" that it was sent to the FRB on 1/16. Should be a couple more weeks she said.....getting on with my life at this point.
Update: Received 2/28, no restrictions. Methuen. Just shy of 14 weeks.

According to the FRB it's still pending local PD as if today. If it's over 40days and they haven't declined . I'm I hopeful that it will come someday soon? I have left a message with the local FA officer on Mon ...no call back yet.

Does calling them causing the process to be delayed.( Don't want to offend the local PD) :(

Lesson learned on my side it that the next big wait is joining a gun club. Start the process now so your not driving 45 minutes to 1 hour to shoot after you get the LTC...

Finally got my LTC today!

Unrestricted from Boxborough and 92 days total (13 weeks) from submitting app to have it in my hands.

11/30/18 - Had "interview" with LO.
12/7/1i - Check cashed.
12/28/18 - Called FRB "Pending review by LO"
1/11/19 - Called FRB "Pending review by LO"
1/20/19 - Called FRB "Pending review by LO"
1/20/19 - Email sent to LO to inquire about application and got a reply within minutes saying that it was going to be processed the next day.
1/22/19 - Called FRB "Approved by LO, awaiting FRB review"
2/5/19 - Called FRB "Pending FRB review"
2/19/19 - Called FRB "Pending FRB review"
3/1/19 - Got email to pick up my LTC at station.

Pretty straightforward process but LONG!

Unrestricted from Boxborough and 92 days total (13 weeks) from submitting app to have it in my hands.

12/7/1i - Check cashed.
1/20/19 - Email sent to LO to inquire about application and got a reply within minutes saying that it was going to be processed the next day.

Congrats, maybe I'll try emailing .. what did u say on the email.

Congrats, maybe I'll try emailing .. what did u say on the email.

I just asked him what the status of my app was, because at the point of the email it was already around 6 weeks and my application was still on the background check and he said the total process was going to be 8 weeks.

So far 9 weeks and 2 days in New Bedford, Boston said it was mailed on the 22nd, 9 days ago (5 business days) hopefully comes in soon. Tired of adding gear to my amazon cart waiting for the final answer.

My wife and I interviewed for renewals on Friday night, 12-14-2018. I figured it was going to take at least 2 weeks longer than normal considering the holidays coming up and muni and state days off, no matter what. Officer at the interview said it was running about 6-7 week turnaround for process and return, on average for our town (green North Brookfield).

LTCs delivered by the officer last week to my wife on 2-28 or 3-01 (Thurs or Friday, can’t remember), so that worked out to what, just shy of about 10 weeks.

Police dept here I believe has assigned one officer that handles most all renewals, etc., so if he’s out for a few days or vacation it does backup at times. But, they are a very pro-LTC department.

Did you happen to call in inquire at all or just waited? Thing that's killing me is the fact Boston said it was approved and sent out already
I just waited since I had the receipt to cover the expired license. At the interview I was told it would probably take 11 weeks. Good luck.

12/7/1i - Check cashed.

Is the process a cooling down period?

I just called the hotline again and the guy was VERY rude. He said that I should not be calling that often (I called Monday last week) and that calling is not going to make my license show up. He then said "It's still pending review by FRB like I told you last week" and I asked him if he knew when they would get to my app and he said "you should call the FRB and ask them". All this time I thought that these people answering the hotline were the FRB, I just learn something new today.
I don't know why they have to be rude.

I decided that I'm not going to call anymore and I will forget about the LTC, if it shows up, fine, if it doesn't, whatever!
Really? A state worker rude? I don't believe it, your making that up!

I just asked him what the status of my app was, because at the point of the email it was already around 6 weeks and my application was still on the background check and he said the total process was going to be 8 weeks.
Did they reply to the email?

Back
Top Bottom