• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Going on 62 days in Barnstable for new LTC someone posted they received theirs in 37 days i was fingerprinted 5 days after they were (8-3-20) I did call hotline on 9-22-20 they stated it was activated any idea why such a difference in wait time?

That would indicate your local COP has it and is using it to smear cream cheese on his bagel.

Ask him to wipe it off and hand it over.

🐯

Wilmington, MA

46 days since prints, called two weeks ago and the hotline said it was approved and should be mailed in 2 weeks which should be this week.

I have 5,280 rounds stored (in NH) that I really want to bring down to MA so hopefully it's this week.

86 days still no license in East Longmeadow..
That is too damned long for something that is about as routine as registering a motor vehicle or getting a dog license. The Massachusetts system is way too subjective and fraught with mischievousness, unpredictability, whimsy, whimsicality, whim, puckishness, flightiness, capriciousness, whimsey, notion, impishness. (yeah, I looked those words up)

When I lived in Tewksbury they were playing games like that, I called my state rep. and they sent someone down and scooped a whole pile of apps off the LO's desk and delivered them by hand to the DCJIS. Had the simple FID, yeah, FID in a couple of weeks after that. They sucked then with no covid excuse, they still suck now.
They still use paper?

I agree with you about the federalization of firearms law but there's a potential downside to that too. If firearm laws/regulation is all centralized it makes it easier to do away with in one fell swoop. But certainly the current situation sucks for people like us that live in a state that is actively hostile towards the 2nd Amendment. At least my town is a bit more mature about things.
You are aware there are already federal laws and they can already do this, right.

I'd settle for a change in fed law that says no state can restrict beyond what the fed's says. States that want to can still issue permits, they just can't make any requirement beyond what the fed says.

They still use paper?

You are aware there are already federal laws and they can already do this, right.

I'd settle for a change in fed law that says no state can restrict beyond what the fed's says. States that want to can still issue permits, they just can't make any requirement beyond what the fed says.
Well, yeah, I am aware of The Constitution... but some folks read a "different" meaning into words that most of us understand to mean what they say.

It has been awhile, maybe more than 20 years, since there were some good outcomes about a may issue versus shall issue, argument. In that era I lived in Maryland. They had some regulation about a five day waiting period. After the "waiting period" it was possible to purchase many items on the same day. Subsequently, the enforcers capriciously changed the rules to restrict multiple purchases per "waiting period".

I am not advocating for additional federalization or modification of existing law so much as standardization of the rules, regulations and procedures with respect to reciprocity. It could be beneficial to be able to pass thru New Jersey without becoming a felon for doing something that is lawful in many places, even in Massachusetts!

Thanks for checking in and keeping the thread up to date.

Well, yeah, I am aware of The Constitution... but some folks read a "different" meaning into words that most of us understand to mean what they say.

It has been awhile, maybe more than 20 years, since there were some good outcomes about a may issue versus shall issue, argument. In that era I lived in Maryland. They had some regulation about a five day waiting period. After the "waiting period" it was possible to purchase many items on the same day. Subsequently, the enforcers capriciously changed the rules to restrict multiple purchases per "waiting period".

I am not advocating for additional federalization or modification of existing law so much as standardization of the rules, regulations and procedures with respect to reciprocity. It could be beneficial to be able to pass thru New Jersey without becoming a felon for doing something that is lawful in many places, even in Massachusetts!

Thanks for checking in and keeping the thread up to date.
National reciprocity, made it through the senate once, maybe it'll come up again and go through this next term.

Newton resident here, new to the forum. Called PD back in April and was put on a waiting list until next year but then received a call end of August telling me to come in with application and supporting docs end of Sept. They said to expect a call from a Sgt detective in the next couple of weeks and that my card should be ready to pick up by end of November.

Can't wait to hear what questions he asks me!

The call should last only a few minutes, at least mine did. The Detective basically asked me two questions... if you were truthful on the application/if there is something in your past history they might find and the reason(s) you want the LTC.

Unless you have some clout or own a business or something, be mentally prepared to be approved for a restricted license. You can either explore legal options or wait a full year and request the restrictions to be removed.

Welcome to the joys of living in a red city.

A colleague of mine informed me that they've been waiting since March for their renewal. The FRB says it's still being processed. That blows away my 5 month wait. I wonder how many mass.gov workers have not been collecting a paycheck during these trying times of delays.

A colleague of mine informed me that they've been waiting since March for their renewal. The FRB says it's still being processed. That blows away my 5 month wait. I wonder how many mass.gov workers have not been collecting a paycheck during these trying times of delays.
According to your Governor "we've kept everyone whole" I think this was his last appearance on the Greg Hill show WEEI

Quick update: received call from detective today. Good news is that I'm getting my LTC (he didn't ask any questions); less than good news is that Hunting/Target restriction for first year on all new LTC issues. He said just write a letter in a year requesting unrestricted and it should go through assuming there have been no issues.

Then he said 8-10 weeks before I can pick up my card...ugh. Said it's out of their hand and with ATF now. I also asked if I could get LTC# and PIN in advance of actually picking up the physical card and he said no.

-Started in April and was told not until next year
-Received call for application and fingerprinting in August
-Went in end of September for fingerprinting
-Received call 9 days later saying I'm approved with mandatory restriction
-8-10 weeks to pick up card (god willing)

Quick update: received call from detective today. Good news is that I'm getting my LTC (he didn't ask any questions); less than good news is that Hunting/Target restriction for first year on all new LTC issues. He said just write a letter in a year requesting unrestricted and it should go through assuming there have been no issues.

Then he said 8-10 weeks before I can pick up my card...ugh. Said it's out of their hand and with ATF now. I also asked if I could get LTC# and PIN in advance of actually picking up the physical card and he said no.

-Started in April and was told not until next year
-Received call for application and fingerprinting in August
-Went in end of September for fingerprinting
-Received call 9 days later saying I'm approved with mandatory restriction
-8-10 weeks to pick up card (god willing)
Did he really say ATF?

Finally received mine.
July 10th: Printed and Submitted application
Sept 18th: Issue date
Oct 8th: Received in the mail.
No restrictions; East Longmeadow MA.

Quincy

Dropped of application and $ - 8/3
Went for fingerprints - 8/13
Called hotline on 9/21, said it’s already been issued to QPD and should be getting it within 1-2 weeks

Update.....

still waiting on receiving LTC in mail or even a call from QPD. When you call QPD firearm division, it has a recording "If you're calling about status of LTC, we will mail it out as soon as we get them"

In south Hadley. Fingerprinted end of August and according to FRB has been "pending printing and delivery" for 3 weeks.
Shpd says itll be mailed out when they receive it. Which apparently they havent. I wonder if pending printing means nobody has pressed cntrl P or if it's the walk from the cubicle to the laminate machine.
This state is a mess and is rubbing their incompetence on our faces

In south Hadley. Fingerprinted end of August and according to FRB has been "pending printing and delivery" for 3 weeks.
Shpd says itll be mailed out when they receive it. Which apparently they havent. I wonder if pending printing means nobody has pressed cntrl P or if it's the walk from the cubicle to the laminate machine.
This state is a mess and is rubbing their incompetence on our faces

Call the hotline. Number is on Goals site.

Call the hotline. Number is on Goals site.
I've called the hotline and gotten the answer that my license is approved and pending printing and delivery. This is going on the third week since that call. Contacting SHPD today they said they still dont have it.
Maybe I missed the earlier cutoff for a batch printing

Hell, was that about 78 days? Thank goodness for no restrictions... other than a veritable dearth of ammunition, a state list of acceptable firearms, magazine limits, trigger selections and a government that would throw you under the bus if the twinkling of an eye if they thought that the ends justified the means. Haha, thanks for letting us know and happy trails.

Update.....

still waiting on receiving LTC in mail or even a call from QPD. When you call QPD firearm division, it has a recording "If you're calling about status of LTC, we will mail it out as soon as we get them"
Well, they couldn't really say " If you are calling about the status of an LTC, Go f*** Yourself!"

Had my renewal interview this week, about 3 months before my expiration. Licensing officer (very nice, reasonable) said the state was running about 2 months to process.

Had my renewal interview this week, about 3 months before my expiration. Licensing officer (very nice, reasonable) said the state was running about 2 months to process.
I love the way they are very nice as they lie to you. 2 months puts them well past the deadline, and any time anyone has ever called the state to check status it has always been the local PD that's just sitting on it.

I love the way they are very nice as they lie to you. 2 months puts them well past the deadline, and any time anyone has ever called the state to check status it has always been the local PD that's just sitting on it.
I just got a renewal reminder in the mail from the state. My license expires at the end of March!

Back
Top Bottom