• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Doesn't seem that odd, a week ago the state told you it's approved and they have to print it, this week the city told you they are awaiting it in the mail after printing.

As for the 89 days welcome to MA where the motto is, "Yeah you can have your rights but only if we approve of them and only when we get around to it."

Anyway the 2017 state audit showed the average total days for Lynn to be 75, and obviously that was before the shamdemic and the post rioting surge of new applications.

🐯
Yeah makes sense, I got ya. I’m being “impatient” but seems as though this month I should have the license. Hopefully.

Yeah makes sense, I got ya. I’m being “impatient” but seems as though this month I should have the license. Hopefully.
In Lynn back in Oct 2017 my nephew called and got a processing appointment at the police station for the 3rd week of Jan (2018), was fingerprinted etc. in January and received his license end of march maybe first week of April.
Just under 6 months. That was when things were not crazy busy.

In Lynn back in Oct 2017 my nephew called and got a processing appointment at the police station for the 3rd week of Jan (2018), was fingerprinted etc. in January and received his license end of march maybe first week of April.
Just under 6 months. That was when things were not crazy busy.
Yeah seems like it’s still the same timeline unfortunately. Well it gives me time to save up for what’s looking to be an expensive hobby lol

I was printed January 26th. Hotline said pending review by local PD on 02/19. Called hotline today and last week, both times they told me it was approved by local PD and pending review by the state. They also said it would be about a month to a month and a half wait time before I'd get the license. I know it's pretty short wait compared to towns like Boston, but still not ideal as I thought the state part of the process moved a lot quicker.

I was printed January 26th. Hotline said pending review by local PD on 02/19. Called hotline today and last week, both times they told me it was approved by local PD and pending review by the state. They also said it would be about a month to a month and a half wait time before I'd get the license. I know it's pretty short wait compared to towns like Boston, but still not ideal as I thought the state part of the process moved a lot quicker.
Yeah seems like 6-8 weeks after printing is the timeline. Regardless of how long it took to get the app in and even get the call for printing.

anyone know why we couldn’t just pick up the license from the dcjis office? They said it’s waiting to be sent back to local PD. Meaning it’s printed and activated and just sitting around. Seems like I could cut out the middle man and just pick it up?

anyone know why we couldn’t just pick up the license from the dcjis office? They said it’s waiting to be sent back to local PD. Meaning it’s printed and activated and just sitting around. Seems like I could cut out the middle man and just pick it up?
I believe your local PD is the one who activates it...but I may be wrong.

I was wondering if anybody has received theirs in Revere lately. I'm asking for a friend of a friend. He's an older gentleman squeaky clean record. First time application. I guess he applied five months ago. Called Revere PD to check the status two months ago. He was then informed that he needed a second personal reference.

I was wondering if anybody has received theirs in Revere lately. I'm asking for a friend of a friend. He's an older gentleman squeaky clean record. First time application. I guess he applied five months ago. Called Revere PD to check the status two months ago. He was then informed that he needed a second personal reference.
But the law doesn't require ANY references. :eek:

My wife handed in her application to the PD early October. Got a notice from FRB that application received in late Jan. So PD sat on it for 4 months. Wife got call for interview/prints two weeks ago. At that time they said ID would be ready in 35 days. So should be a couple more weeks.

total process will end up at 6 months. I thought Andover was better than that.

random thought-

since PD generates the PIN once license is received from the state, I assume they just need the license # to generate this. No?
So, if I have my actual license # can they generate the PIN and provide me the PIN #? Then when PD receives the actual hard copy license they can just mail it to me since PIN had already been generated?
what if someone had lost their card but everything was still active in system, I assume you can still purchase a firearm if you have license and pin #?
I realize the answer to this should be just be patient but I keep getting different responses from the DCJIS and PD.

random thought-

since PD generates the PIN once license is received from the state, I assume they just need the license # to generate this. No?
So, if I have my actual license # can they generate the PIN and provide me the PIN #? Then when PD receives the actual hard copy license they can just mail it to me since PIN had already been generated?
what if someone had lost their card but everything was still active in system, I assume you can still purchase a firearm if you have license and pin #?
I realize the answer to this should be just be patient but I keep getting different responses from the DCJIS and PD.

tkJT8EP.png

🐯

The real answer is they probably can. And they probably won't.
Yeah someone else told me the Ffl physically needs to see the license or something like that. Just think it’s ridiculous I’m over 90 days since app. But wait I shall like a good citizen

After my town (Shirley) issued my LTC-A previously 2x without issue this time around w/ new pc its been approx 5 months...no license.
This is apparently due to a minor petty non felony blemish committed in 81...I've written to the pc frequently and feel I'm getting the run around either from the pc delaying processing or the state.I've contacted the state who mentioned 1st time was approved but not competed processing, and my latest call they mentioned waiting for processing. Does either the town or state bear responsibility to notify me of any status? ...I hate to have to lawyer up at this point, so would appreciate any advice outside of my last option. pm's or replies greatly appreciated.
30 years in this town...

After my town (Shirley) issued my LTC-A previously 2x without issue this time around w/ new pc its been approx 5 months...no license.
This is apparently due to a minor petty non felony blemish committed in 81...I've written to the pc frequently and feel I'm getting the run around either from the pc delaying processing or the state.I've contacted the state who mentioned 1st time was approved but not competed processing, and my latest call they mentioned waiting for processing. Does either the town or state bear responsibility to notify me of any status? ...I hate to have to lawyer up at this point, so would appreciate any advice outside of my last option. pm's or replies greatly appreciated.
30 years in this town...
Talk to a lawyer! They may be considering, or have already decided, on a suitability denial. You hasling them isn't going to make them look at it more favorably. Sure the first time or two makes sense, you're just asking status, but as some point you should put some distance between you and the person pestering them.

But IANAL and my advice is worth what you paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom