• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Another update from my previous posts.

MA non-resident LTC.

Mailed the application 7/22/21
In person interview 11/3/21
Wife’s in person interview 11/16/21

Wife got hers 2/12/22 with no restrictions.
I received mine today with no restrictions 3/3/22.
What's your expiration date?

Any recent Winthrop LTC stories? Applied for renewal and still haven't hear back
It might be worth searching for a thread on what to do on renewal. My understanding is that once you send the paperwork, a copy(or receipt) of it can be used in place of the license until the new card arrives. Again, please consider a search of this forum for this exact discussion on renewals.

It might be worth searching for a thread on what to do on renewal. My understanding is that once you send the paperwork, a copy(or receipt) of it can be used in place of the license until the new card arrives. Again, please consider a search of this forum for this exact discussion on renewals.
What counts is the MIRCS receipt the PD can printout when you apply, not a copy of the application.

What counts is the MIRCS receipt the PD can printout when you apply, not a copy of the application.
Make sure you request the MIRCS receipt. Some towns don’t give them out or don’t even bring it up.

17 days from getting fingerprints to license in hand a few months back. Packet was put exactly a week before fingerprints. The town is Wrentham. Also first time applying for Unrestricted LTC.
Excellent turn around time, thanks for letting us know that Wrentham is on the ball and serving their community, well.

Excellent turn around time, thanks for letting us know that Wrentham is on the ball and serving their community, well.
Yeah I that also included my wife too. Funny thing is that I actually photocopied my passport and brought in 2 bills showing proof residency (including for the wife too) as I was paranoid I didnt have enough stuff. The licensing officer, who was the Lieutenant, literally laughed and said what's all this extra stuff. He said only needed the check and packet and that's it. Definitely a Pro-2A guy. Oh and that was 17 days with the police department mailing both my wife and I's licenses to our house.

It's crazy to see that a lot of people it takes months to even a bit longer than a year to get their LTC!!! That is criminal if you ask me! 😡

Last edited:
The chief in Wrentham is a good guy, I worked with him when he first started on the job many years ago in a nearby town.
Yeah you can tell it trickles down to the other officers too. I haven't interacted with all of them but the few I have seem like really good cops. I have met the chief once and he was very nice.

That has to be a record, in a good way. Glad to see the positive feedback 👍
Yeah the licensing officer was great. He definitely mailed out both my wife and I's application the next day to the FRB. I have seen a few others on here with a very similar time line in other towns so I have to be fairly close to the record lol.

So with my experience, I think for the towns that take longer its on the police department not a hold up at the FRB.

Yeah the licensing officer was great. He definitely mailed out both my wife and I's application the next day to the FRB. I have seen a few others on here with a very similar time line in other towns so I have to be fairly close to the record lol.

So with my experience, I think for the towns that take longer its on the police department not a hold up at the FRB.
They are not generally mailed, but entered into MIRCS online.

Oh did not know that! So that makes it even weirder that towns take so long to get that info over to them. For example, I been hearing Attleboro takes about 9 months if not longer....
The town has to complete its background information before entering the approval into MIRCS.

Back
Top Bottom