• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long should I wait?

I went to FS in Woburn 4 weeks ago and handed over a cash payment in full for a new Sig. Four weeks later and I'm still empty-handed.

I've called a few times, but haven't really gotten any helpful answers to when I might expect it to come in. (I'm not pointing fingers; it could very well be out of their hands and be Sig's fault entirely and they simply don't have any info to give me.)

To me, four weeks seems a bit excessive, but this is my first purchase, and obviously my first time ordering something that wasn't in stock. Is this sort of wait normal? Should I complain? Ask for my money back? Cry?

FS is very reputable and I have never had any issues. I'm sure it's out of their hands. The last thing any business wants is unhappy customers. If you believe you are getting the run around then either stop by or call and speak to the owner. When you ordered it what time frame did they give you?

I went to FS in Woburn 4 weeks ago and handed over a cash payment in full for a new Sig. Four weeks later and I'm still empty-handed.

I've called a few times, but haven't really gotten any helpful answers to when I might expect it to come in. (I'm not pointing fingers; it could very well be out of their hands and be Sig's fault entirely and they simply don't have any info to give me.)

To me, four weeks seems a bit excessive, but this is my first purchase, and obviously my first time ordering something that wasn't in stock. Is this sort of wait normal? Should I complain? Ask for my money back? Cry?

Call and ask to speak to Carl, the owner. He's a stand-up guy and wouldn't intend to give you a run-around.

FS is very reputable and I have never had any issues. I'm sure it's out of their hands. The last thing any business wants is unhappy customers. If you believe you are getting the run around then either stop by or call and speak to the owner. When you ordered it what time frame did they give you?

I don't feel like I'm getting a runaround...they've been friendly and as helpful as I hope they can be. When I bought it, I was told, "Could be a few days. Could be a few weeks."

I was just hoping someone here had been in a similar situation and could say that theirs took 4 weeks, 5 weeks, whatever. I could handle the wait if I knew how long it was going to be...but not knowing is killing me! [laugh]

Its all relative. I ordered an AR-10T back in August (from a shop up north) and I won't see the upper until June. I knew that going in so it doesn't bother me.

since you said it was a sig, i know the 229 seems to be really back ordered. i traveled to first defense to get mine (1hour and a half drive) because everyone else was waiting on their 9+ "on the way".

good luck my friend

[laugh]I think you should cry..I made my first purchase at FS as well, great guys..

I picked FS because of all the good things I've read about them here...and so far my experience has reflected that. I'm just not used to handing over so much cash and walking out empty handed! [wink] [smile]

Ah yes, the waiting for Christmas morning syndrome. I know it well. [smile]
Try to put it out of your mind. (hard, I know) I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Michael.

Yes, that is true. The moment you completley forget about your purchase, are distracted by something to the point where there is not one jot or tittle in your mind about this, the phone will ring and you will answer, and you will hear on the other end, "Your purchase is ready for pick-up", and that fun flush feeling will wash over you like the joy of opening that X-Mas present and seeing exactly what you had hoped Santa would bring. :)

I am the minority here I suppose. I do not get the whole thing about Four Seasons. Yeah, its a nice shop and SOME of the people are great, but its not the promise land of gun shops. Carl has a habit (personal experience) of not calling people back. There are great shops around here. A certain gun shop has PLENTY of Sigs in stock and they are less than 5 minutes away from FS. Maybe you fell through the cracks. I'd go in and get your money back and drive to collectors and get the gun for the same price that day. Good luck!

I am the minority here I suppose. I do not get the whole thing about Four Seasons. Yeah, its a nice shop and SOME of the people are great, but its not the promise land of gun shops. Carl has a habit (personal experience) of not calling people back. There are great shops around here. A certain gun shop has PLENTY of Sigs in stock and they are less than 5 minutes away from FS. Maybe you fell through the cracks. I'd go in and get your money back and drive to collectors and get the gun for the same price that day. Good luck!

I kind of agree here....FS gets a good rep on this site and can't bad mouth them for sure, but I've heard of guys going out of their way to drive there. For the life of me I have no idea why. Yeah, they have a good supply of used glocks...which I could care less about. There' are plenty of good shops close by.....if I'm going to drive I usually go to NH. Sigs are alll over the place....place in Hudson has a ton of them....

FS is a good shop, but once First Defense opened up down the street from me I think I've spent more time and money there then anywhere else. Sometimes it's good to find a shop that close that you like.

As to the OP's question, I don't think 4 weeks is to long with the way firearms are still flying off the shelves. I order a Springfield Armory Loaded M1A from Carl at FS and it took 6 weeks to come in. He didn't call at any time to give me an update, but he called once it was in. I think your big mistake was giving them the price in full. Not sure if that's the new policy, but he took a deposit from me to order the M1A and then I paid the rest once it showed up. If they already have the money, sometimes you can fall through the cracks.

When you get it, take your time and look it over very carefully. Sig has been letting some slip through with cosmetic problems lately.

I think your big mistake was giving them the price in full. Not sure if that's the new policy, but he took a deposit from me to order the M1A and then I paid the rest once it showed up. If they already have the money, sometimes you can fall through the cracks.
Not policy. I had the cash, and my wife-for-now is really bad with money, so I didn't want to run the risk of not having the money when it came in. [wink]

I'm calling about once a week or so to check on the status, so I'm not overly concerned with falling through the cracks. Like I said...I was more interested in finding out what others' experiences were.

When you get it, take your time and look it over very carefully. Sig has been letting some slip through with cosmetic problems lately.
Thanks for the tip. Though it would REALLY suck to wait all this time for it to come in, only to have to reject it for a manufacturing defect. [shocked] [laugh]

8½ weeks. That's how long it took. Just in case anyone searches the forum wondering the same thing I was when I started this thread. [grin]

Anyhow...super psyched to finally have it. Now I need to schedule some range time once I have the money for it. [smile]

Oh, and I was good...no tears were shed during that time. [laugh]

Call and ask to speak to Carl, the owner. He's a stand-up guy and wouldn't intend to give you a run-around.

+ 1

He is very helpful and honest. Everytime I am in that store I have seen him go above and beyond to help customers.

uh.....I think I saw you! I was wearing a Glock hoodie, and Sam Adams hat! And YOU look alot like your profile pic!!! Ha! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

LOL...quite possible. Sadly, I did not see you. I was too excited to notice anyone... [laugh]

I don't wear the glasses too much these days, but yeah...me and that guy look a lot a like. [wink] [smile]

you are slightly taller in person....by like a mile! I was to your right and peered over the register and scoped out what you were getting. Nice gun, glad to hear

you are slightly taller in person....by like a mile! I was to your right and peered over the register and scoped out what you were getting. Nice gun, glad to hear

Actually...I think I vaguely remember you. The more I thought about it, I do remember seeing a Glock hoodie, and even more vaguely remember someone peering over the register. I couldn't pick you out of a crowd, but I do sort of remember you now... [laugh]

Thanks. Can't wait to take it to the range. Probably going to be a couple of weeks, though...but at least I have it now...I can sleep easy [grin]

8½ weeks. That's how long it took. Just in case anyone searches the forum wondering the same thing I was when I started this thread. [grin]

Anyhow...super psyched to finally have it. Now I need to schedule some range time once I have the money for it. [smile]

Oh, and I was good...no tears were shed during that time. [laugh]

What model was it that took so long???

And +1 to a pic!

As requested, pics. [smile]

It's a P226 9mm two-tone.

I don't know why it took so long, but I was told on one of my calls to the shop that Sig has to modify their assembly line to manufacture MA-compliant guns. I don't know how true that is... *shrug*

I was also told by someone who works at the shop (sorry...don't know anyone's names yet [grin]) that Sig is discontinuing two-tones for MA. Kinda sucky...hopefully the laws in this state get changed soon so "MA-compliant" is but a distant -- and bad -- memory.

Attachments

• IMG_0224..jpg
    IMG_0224..jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0225..jpg
    IMG_0225..jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0232..jpg
    IMG_0232..jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0229..JPG
    IMG_0229..JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0223..jpg
    IMG_0223..jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0231..jpg
    IMG_0231..jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0226..jpg
    IMG_0226..jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Congrats on the first gun! That was my first too. I love it.

BTW, you were given crappy advice earlier in the thread... I can't believe these people... Sometimes my fellow forum members really disapoint me...

Clearly the RIGHT thing to have done would have been to buy ANOTHER gun while waiting for the first.

That's awesome that you finally got your gun! SIGs are top shelf firearms...but you already knew that ;) "Normally" dealers have quite a few distributors to buy from, but needing a "MA compliant" firearm is what did it in for you as it more than likely had to come from the manufacturer and doing that build might not have had the highest priority. Anyway she is beautiful and is something that you will keep forever.

Back
Top Bottom