How many don't even know they are felons?

But that's all old news. Well, seemingly not to a great many because I still meet people who "just found out".

None of whom, I'll wager, are active shooters. I'll bet they either don't shoot at all or buy one box of "bullets" a year for hunting season.

The law was under consideration a decade ago; was enacted 9.5 years ago and was a platform for three election campaigns:

1. Scotty Harshbarger's failed gubernatorial bid;

2. "Fakes" Jacques failed congressional bid; and

3. Reilly's failed gubernatorial bid.

Those who claim not to have heard about it are willfully ignorant.

It's tough to keep up with half of these laws.

“Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?” said Dr. Ferris. “We want them broken. You’d better get it straight that it’s not a bunch of boy scouts you’re up against — then you’ll know that this is not the age for beautiful gestures. We’re after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you’d better get wise to it. There’s no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What’s there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted — and you create a nation of law-breakers — and then you cash in on guilt. Now that’s the system, Mr. Rearden, that’s the game, and once you understand it, you’ll be much easier to deal with.”

Ken

Those who claim not to have heard about it are willfully ignorant.

Have you ever had the pleasure of arguing with a 60+ year old shotgunner who declares that "His gun is not one of 'those'"?

You can be sure that there are plenty of gun owners in this state that are committing a felony right now and are 100% sure that the law didn't affect them.

Last edited:
“Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?” said Dr. Ferris. “We want them broken. You’d better get it straight that it’s not a bunch of boy scouts you’re up against — then you’ll know that this is not the age for beautiful gestures. We’re after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you’d better get wise to it. There’s no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What’s there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted — and you create a nation of law-breakers — and then you cash in on guilt. Now that’s the system, Mr. Rearden, that’s the game, and once you understand it, you’ll be much easier to deal with.”

Ken

I think it's tempting to say that Ms. Rand was prescient, but more likely, it has always been thus and will ever be.

Have you ever had the pleasure of arguing with a 60+ year old shotgunner who declares that "His gun is not one of 'those'"?

You can be sure that there are plenty of gun owners in this state that are committing a felony right now and are 100% sure that the law didn't Affect them.

Not my point.

That they exist is not at issue; that they are willfully obtuse is. I did, do and will continue to contend that such have deliberately shoved their heads up their backsides in a pathetic act of self-delusion.

And yes, I am quite familiar with the type. I clearly recall listening to one such cretin claim he was somehow exempt merely because he was an Air Force veteran. [rolleyes]

I’ve encountered plenty of folks that have firearms that they purchased on a now expired LTC / FID. When I explain the law to them, 100% didn’t know and simply don’t care.

What can you do. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink. I guess in the unlikely event that the police get involved with the illegal possession the horse will drown. I guess they’ll have the benefit of a completely inept court system.

I know people who are still operating under thier "lifetime" FID's...

yup, a coworker of mine and I were talking one day and he was talling me about a couple of rifles that he has, hasn't even used them in years... I asked what he had for a license and he said, "oh, just the FID card I got about 25 years ago."

I then broke the news to him that "life time" really doesnt mean LIFE TIME anymore.

so now it is costing him more money to keep rifles he has had since he was a boy...

I hate this f***ing state...

Back
Top Bottom